How do you make gold in PoF?

One thing I have noticed is that, now I have gone through the story, I made about as much gold as was needed to get the sand jackal mount. Once I bought one of those I was pretty much broke again, having invested a lot in the marks needed to craft some ascended armour for my deadeye (still going on due to timegated materials). If I was playing heart of thorns I would probably be hammering away at the big meta events, but as those don't really exist in the new expansion, I`m at a loss as to where to go or what to do to get the spare cash I need to invest into costly runes etc. Am I really going to have to do old content if I want a reasonable income? Would welcome all ideas of how I could stay in new areas and still get some worthwhile return on my time.

@folk.8190 said:

How do you make gold in PoF?there is no way to make gold. At all.HoT or SW still better

I'm sorry you're not aware of any of the ways to make gold. Silverwastes farms took a while to take off: originally it was chest runs; it took ages before people figured out the RIBA efficiency. PoF has been out less than a week, so of course it's not obvious where the best loot/hour is.There are all sorts of repeatable quests that drop decent loot, lots of chests to hunt down, and so on. Plus, all sorts of craziness in the markets so lots of sources of income from selling off the right stuff.

@Illconceived Was Na.9781 said:

@folk.8190 said:

How do you make gold in PoF?there is no way to make gold. At all.HoT or SW still better

I'm sorry blah blah blah

Ok. AB meta with pillars then octovine (about 40-45min) brings me around 25-27g Before AB im complite NT in VB its around 7-9g in 15min!

So. I'm sorry you're not aware of any of the ways to make gold

@folk.8190 said:

@folk.8190 said:

I'm sorry blah blah blah

Ok. AB meta with pillars then octovine (about 40-45min) brings me around 25-27g Before AB im complite NT in VB its around 7-9g in 15min!

I'm sorry I misled you into thinking I wasn't aware of any alternatives, including several you left out (fractal 40, for example). But that entirely missed the point: you aren't aware of ways to make money in PoF; you're entirely comfortable sticking with old content — that's perfectly fine. That doesn't mean that there aren't any ways to make gold, which might or might not be as efficient.

As an aside, it's nice to make gold via AB & VB/night, but that's 30 minutes every 2 hours and depends on one being available at specific times. There are other farms, including PoF ones about which we'll learn more about soon, that are free from the HoT clock-oriented restrictions.

tl;dr It's fair to say you know a lot about making money outside of PoF, but not about what's available in PoF.

@folk.8190 said:

@folk.8190 said:

I'm sorry blah blah blah

I'm sorry I misled you into thinking I wasn't aware of any alternatives, including several you left out (fractal 40, for example). But that entirely missed the point: you aren't aware of ways to make money in PoF; you're entirely comfortable sticking with old content — that's perfectly fine. That doesn't mean that there aren't any ways to make gold, which might or might not be as efficient.

As an aside, it's nice to make gold via AB & VB/night, but that's 30 minutes every 2 hours and depends on one being available at specific times. There are other farms, including PoF ones about which we'll learn more about soon, that are free from the HoT clock-oriented restrictions.

tl;dr It's fair to say you know a lot about making money outside of PoF, but not about what's available in PoF.

Agree with you. At the moment I do not know how to get gold in PoF, comparable in effectiveness in HoT meta.

@folk.8190 said:

I'm sorry you're not aware of any of the ways to make gold. Silverwastes farms took a while to take off: originally it was chest runs; it took ages before people figured out the RIBA efficiency. PoF has been out less than a week, so of course it's not obvious where the best loot/hour is.There are all sorts of repeatable quests that drop decent loot, lots of chests to hunt down, and so on. Plus, all sorts of craziness in the markets so lots of sources of income from selling off the right stuff.

https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/72gi33/cg_presents_new_crystal_oasis_chest_farm/

I already posted PoF guide - it just needs momentum.

I'm glad someone asked this, as I've been wondering the same thing. I spent about 1-1.5 hours in a bounty farm train (mainly for the exp for masteries), and the rewards/loot from it didn't seem good at all, no more than 3g maybe. Although I admit I did get a weapon chest which gave me some choices that seemed to sell for around 30-40g, but I think that was a one off from an achievement chest, not an event/bounty reward.

I know PoF is still new, but having spent a lot of time in it doing completion on all maps I've been struggling to see anything that is a gold maker in it. Speaking to others they can't seem to find anything either at the moment.

One good thing though is since PoF hit the gold to gems rate has dropped dramatically, so that's saved me a bit of gold (used to be ~210g-220g for 800 gems, now it's ~190g for 800 gems). Though on the flipside since PoF mats have plummeted in price too, so magic wrapped packets are more of a gamble and less profitable, as is stuff like AB as ectos are worth a lot less now :(

I wouldn't focus on POF maps. Seems like ever since POF happened elder wood. Orich ore. Globs. Essense. All the main mats that cost a lot to sell are very cheap. I would go somewhere like others say. Silverwaste and hit auric basin when meta happens. But I suggest not to sell those mats yet and hold out for a month or two. Because globs are selling for like 20 silver a piece. Which is bad. I think since expax happened everyone invested in gems etc. And costs when big time down. Just get mats and hold out. Actually if you do much PvP ranked every few matches is 1 gold piece if you win. And maybe an hour or 2 you get 10 gold when you achieve to unlock the chest. So try that too. Just don't sell the big mats yet since the prices are bad. Actually it's so bad that instead of getting artificiating from 400 to 500, it cost 130 gold. Now it is only like 90 gold to get it to 500. So mats cost waaaaaay low. Just don't sell any for a while.

@Mitch.4781 said:I noticed that from when I started the story to when I finished it, I had actually lost gold in POF.

That's misleading. The money you 'lost' in the story went to purchasing mounts, which are a once-off investment that opens new travel possibilities and content.It makes no sense to extrapolate that to PoF being a gold sink as you're implying.

@Zoltar MacRoth.7146 said:

@Mitch.4781 said:I noticed that from when I started the story to when I finished it, I had actually lost gold in POF.

That's misleading. The money you 'lost' in the story went to purchasing mounts, which are a once-off investment that opens new travel possibilities and content.It makes no sense to extrapolate that to PoF being a gold sink as you're implying.

Um no it isn't. While I had unlocked the Jackal, I didn't actually buy it until last night, days AFTER I finished the story LMAO. The raptor is free and I can't remember if the bunny costs anything either. Gee anyone would think you were playing with me every step of the way....Oh wait you aren't. Either way, shouldn't you be able to make up the difference simply by doing events on the maps? You do this in HOT and SW. In my own purely anecdotal experience, I lost money simply doing the story and playing the game BEFORE buying the Jackal. If your experience was different, kudos to you.

You don't have to defend every single aspect of this expansion you know. Things never get better or improve with nauseating sycophancy.

@Mitch.4781 said:

Um no it isn't. While I had unlocked the Jackal, I didn't actually buy it until last night, days AFTER I finished the story LMAO. The raptor is free and I can't remember if the bunny costs anything either. Gee anyone would think you were playing with me every step of the way....Oh wait you aren't. Either way, shouldn't you be able to make up the difference simply by doing events on the maps? You do this in HOT and SW. In my own purely anecdotal experience, I lost money simply doing the story and playing the game BEFORE buying the Jackal. If your experience was different, kudos to you.

You don't have to defend every single aspect of this expansion you know. Things never get better or improve with nauseating sycophancy.

LOL.. I just don't comment on the bits of the expansion I don't like, so it's a little one-sided. Anyway, I'll take what you say at face value and pay closer attention as I do the story. No sense incurring a loss unknowingly, if there is one.

@Mitch.4781 said:

You don't have to defend every single aspect of this expansion you know. Things never get better or improve with nauseating sycophanc

He has a point though. If you didn't spend on the mounts it's unlikely you would be down. In HoT if you did nothing but story and ran through most other stuff you wouldn't have made much either.

Invest in your magic find and login every day to raise your gold find percentage. If you have laurels, get gold find/magic find infusions for your ascended trinkets. Utilize consumables to raise it as well. Once you hit 200% you will see shit-tons of valuable items to take advantage of.

The meta.....There are great meta with cash from the loot but many don't do them yet because we have no timers to know when they pop.Things like the rock in riverlands and the foundry in vabbi have great chances for loot and gold however with no timers we are not getting the drop and influx we get for HoT meta since people know when to actually show up.

• 1 month later...

So basically to sum up:How do you make gold in PoF...1) There are events to do however there are no timers yet, and not many show up since they don't know when they are. As time goes on (months) things will improve.2) Bounty farm - with decent MF(200%) you start to get better loot drops and since they updated rewards, better stuff then launch.3) The Metas - (great chances for loot & gold) Augry Rock in Riverlands, Foundry in Vabbi,4) Crystal Oasis Chest Farm : https://www.reddit.com/r/Guildwars2/comments/72gi33/cg_presents_new_crystal_oasis_chest_farm/5) Solo chest farm - find a guide and collect those keys from events/ sand piles. Then follow the route and hit as many chests as you can sell the loot. (not sure if anyone has compiled a full chest run guide yet but here are some links to some areas i was still unaware of :D

5b) Dwarven chest farm

*All these comments (most of them) mention AB and HoT meta maps. It just shows how badly people can't read. The Op asked about making money in PoF maps, NOT HoT maps and SW. Hence this forum post in the first place, we already know about making gold in other maps.

Archived