A big request to Armor designers/ gemstore artists.

hugo.4705

Heya, I'm kinda fan number one of a certain asuran organization (can be easily guessed by looking at my screens), and want to make the perfect mix-match for my character which is a weaver. So Indeed, she wears light armor, but here is my problem, I love monoculars, display screens any kind of steampunk monocles.. But for light what we have? NOTHING, only the monocle at 70g from the TP. These shouldn't be restricted to the medium class (engineer/ranger ...) ;/SjvfNmb.jpg Here is my character, that's how I can dress her currently.5ugTgHb.jpg That is what she should look like for me.So I'm asking kindly to Anet members and designers, please, can you add Inquest Exo-Suit headgear as a separate head armor piece or add more head-pieces like this in the future, even the noble masks look okay for me! <3 :) But for all armor types, even light and heavy. Thanks.

As I said a long time ago, Hats must come back!

The outfit view in the wardrobe should not just have the outfit slot. There should be a hat slot over it, having all outfit headgear split and equippable there, allowing players to mix helmets, rest of the armor, hats and outfits freely. Also, any cross-class headgear skin that aren't part of any armor set should be available both in the hat slot and as helmet transmutation skins. So you could put a pair of glasses as a hat, or transmute them on your armor.

This way you could equip the scouter as a hat, hide the rest of the outfit, and have it cover your head armor, so it can combine with the rest of your armor.

It would also be better if breathers were mere skins too. Having to get a 7th rune when there are no unique underwater versions of runes to have a different 6th rune effect underwater is pointless.
They should be changed into mere skins, using the helmet stats and upgrades underwater, then give amulets a second slot specifically to put the swimming infusions there. When the breather skin has its checkbox enabled, going underwater would automatically replace the helmet skin, and if it's disabled, the usual headgear is used.
And there's many helmet skins that would work great as breather skins, like the Gas Mask and the helmets from Sorrow's Embrace. The recipes to craft ascended breathers could be changed to produce these, and any equipped breathers would be turned into items that can be salvaged to recover infusions on them, and gain random breather skins from the pool of new ones.

I would go as far as also putting back skins and gathering skins in the outfit panel too. Backs would be just skins, and their corresponding stats would be moved to the amulet.And gathering toll skins would be in the outfit panel too, allowing players to select different visuals for them per characters while still sharing a set of tools between them all of them with shared inventory slots. And of course gathering tool skins should be purchasable separately from the everlasting tools and glyphs.

@Tommo Chocolate.5870 said:

@googel.3278 said:yeah but will the skins give me extra power? I certainly hope anet makes skins that are good for fighting!

Armour skins in this game don't give you extra power, so no, it wouldn't. But why would you want it to?

Lol no thanks, what you want would make the game pay2win.Try BDO they do stuff like this :)Not to mention that anet wouldn’t ever do that because they have this strict no p2w policy and rightly so.

@"Inculpatus cedo.9234" said:Perhaps, this would do: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Monocle_(light)or this: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Adept_Helmor: https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Phoenix_armor

While you wait for the desired item, of course.

Good luck.

Yup thanks for the advice! But yah not great diversity.. Can pass If I use Red and Black dyes on her.... But again, as a substitution. The round shape would look weird.Phoenix isn't my taste, adept helmet cover my ear accessories that's the problem, I love that armor piece seriously, give me adept helmet but only the eye cover/ or with little ornaments around him and I will be happy.

@googel.3278 said:

@googel.3278 said:yeah but will the skins give me extra power? I certainly hope anet makes skins that are good for fighting!

Armour skins in this game don't give you extra power, so no, it wouldn't. But why would you want it to?

Fancy skins help with fights no? As anet loves releasing more shiny and sparkly skins!

Because they're kinda special, unique or linked to some character from the story like Zaphira recently. If you want to become more powerful during fight, then just craft an ascended/legendary and transmut it into your favorite fancy skin from the gemstore! :p

• 3 weeks later...

To return to the topic, because I found some examples showing clearly what I want for light armor even heavy, only medium can wear visors/ scouters:Re5bjdI.jpg

Any of these will make me happy, we definitely don't have enough glasses in-game, the Magnus eye patch, reading glasses and sport ones...

Archived