Troll in WvW

Little Snow.7142

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You only make it exciting for them if you interact with them and chase them around, otherwise they would be bored to death doing it for hours on end when no one gives them the time of day. Tapping a keep is the most boring thing ever (I've seen some do it for 10-12 hrs, they must be getting something out of it I imagine), unless an enemy starts chasing you around like an angry bee. If you manage to kill them, intercept them on their way back, and I mean far away from keep like at the minimum around sm or the towers near there. If you keep shutting them down before they can even reach, they might eventually give up unless they have some kind of weird passion for doing this.

@Little Snow.7142 said:there is a durid in another server , for the pass 3 hours ( BG , SoS , HOD )he kept tapping our keep ,we ask him to stop , he said im not breaking any rules ,this really sux for other players , who cant enjoy the gamei hope anet take notice and put a rule about this

You actually asked him to stop?

As an FYI, any class with decent mobility can do this. Weaver sword dagger works, mirage, warrior, Druid, etc.

Thing is, they will find different areas to tap.

He has you busy, so it's working,

You don't ask them to stop. You hunt them down in packs and make it not fun for them. Sure they can brag about tying down 5 or so players, but they aren't accomplishing anything except giving the players a bag and 10 min of continued participation each time they stomp him. You could also down them and let them get close to getting up, then take more health away over and over again. Make them log out to stop it. Lots of ways to stop them from tapping, unless they truly enjoy dying over and over again.

@"Heibi.4251" said:You don't ask them to stop. You hunt them down in packs and make it not fun for them. Sure they can brag about tying down 5 or so players, but they aren't accomplishing anything except giving the players a bag and 10 min of continued participation each time they stomp him. You could also down them and let them get close to getting up, then take more health away over and over again. Make them log out to stop it. Lots of ways to stop them from tapping, unless they truly enjoy dying over and over again.

I dont really think this is anything that need to nerfed - if anything the old waypoints solved this just fine - and the maps arent so large that running from spawn is a problem, but tbh... its far from that simple. It works if its a random person showing up to randomly tag a keep, true. Kill him, maybe he'll do it again. Kill him again and he'll probably go elsewhere. But the thing is... there are people that purpose build characters for this. And it's basicly impossible to "hunt" them down. I remember a full bunker thief very fondly. I mean he couldnt do anything other than tag a guard, then stay in stealth until the next time. The few times we tried to catch him he either vanished long before we could get near or just tanked it and then vanished. There are no ways to stop them from tagging the keep and no, they dont die unless they are idiots.

Personally I prefer to go tag their keeps in return and find some fights along the way instead.

I actually like the simple idea of asking them to stop. Sometimes its just that easy. What that enemy roamer doesn't understand is that every wp he contests for long periods of time, he removes it from play and limits the roaming activity in the respective southern quarter of the map. He really is only hurting his own fun.

Archived