Warrior ability icons on fire

Wuna.7809

It was a stream and I cant find a record of the video. I'm a new player but where your health and your abilities on each side are is where everything lit on fire. It seemed like a notification to spend your full adrenaline. I'll check in the warrior section, thank you though.

A few specs have extra effects on their skill bar based on e-spec, if I remember correctly its core guard, berserker, mirage and revenant currently, possibly thief when stealthed as I remember some update notes mentioning something of the like a while back.

This is tied to the spec mechanic, so unfortunately there is no setting to turn it off. In the case of all except guardian and revenant, swapping to core or other espec will remove the effect.

@"Wuna.7809" said:Is there an addon that could change said UI flames to something plain?

They tell you something useful(1) so why would you want to do that? (You haven't, so far, explained what the problem is.)

(1) Example: the blue flames on the skill bars of all guardians (core and the e-specs) show the progress of the class mechanic that sets foes on fire (pedantry: applies "burning" to foes) when you hit them. You apply burning on every four or five hits, and between the hits that apply burning, the blue flames grow and then disappear when you apply burning. The indication is easy to see when you aren't really looking at it, whereas something plain-looking would be harder to see just by glancing kinda in that direction.

Add-ons that change the game are bannable offenses for their users, so unless it can be done via API overlay, nope. GW2 has one of the least player-changeable UIs there is in MMOs.

You could perhaps make a polite suggestion in the Warrior forums (eg put [sugg] at the start of your title), or make it more general by putting it in the QoL thread stickied in the main forum, to apply to all professions that get extra particle effects around the skills bar. Be advised, however, that ANet has a lot of resistance to that sort of customization of how the game looks.

Archived