Maps are really cool and so it's the exploration part.
Mounts was better than expected, and masteries are simple and nice.
Story is good ( happy for canach return ).
World events would have been nice to me, but personally i didn't dedicate time to PvE farm and just enjoyed maps and exploration ( i need domains of Vabbi to complete all the maps ).
The things i really didn't appreciate is the griffon mount, as gold sink and mechanics, and the low number of WP.
But i will probably play only LS/SPvP/WvW, so it won't be a big deal.
It was indeed worth the money, as HoT.
edit: i forget... hearts are repetable, ok... but why many of em are slow as 10/15 min? like the one "help the living and the deads at the necropoli" ... please consider to tone down em.
*Amazing, entertaining, incredibly well done x-pack.
* As well e-spec (soulbeast at least) storytelling, enviroment, exploration, the feeling of being on a different continent, Mounts.... most elements are 10/10!!!
* There are no annoying massive meta-events! There is enough to do anyway!
* This x-pack Will keep me busy for many, many hours!!
I liked the maps and the mounts. The specializations are ok-ish. Music was unremarkable, in comparison to HoT.
What I really hated is that you effectively eliminated a big part of the traditional GW1 lore.
Creating a world that is traditionally heavily influenced by gods and then putting these gods out of every reach is just wrong. It is also a disgracefull departure. Now they really left humans alone - willingly, hardcore. They even left their most trusted subjects in the afterlife ... That is as if you kill off every god in the Forgotten Realms or Elder Scrolls. Suddenly the lore becomes bleak. Why you are so afraid of your own creation is far beyond me. Meddling gods do not threaten, but enrich the world and the lore. I hoped for the gods to be more palpable in the future. Now that the opposite happened, I lost much interest in this franchise. Disappointing, really.
So far, so good. Still learning elites.
Movement keys to remove kneel from D/E
Mounts are good for open areas, but doesn't make up for lack of way points
"That's what" -- She
I really, really like PoF. The maps beg to be explored, it has those little out of the way spots that are there for no reason other than to be there. I like how it's people have different struggles and different goals than those in Tyria. If I could change anything it would be; give dialog to more NPCs in the various settlements, most of them have absolutely nothing to say about their unfortunate situation and to address the aggro distance/spawn rate of some of the mobs, I'd like to have time between encounters to explore the beautiful maps you have created.
When a man lies he murders some part of the world – Paul Gerhardt
Just so we’re clear, I’m a solo player – Kirito
Live, Laugh, Love Kill Forged Awakened Joko Kralkatorrik – DedTreeJig
OK here goes. [SPOILER ALERT]
First lets start with a disclaimer. I don't generally post things and don't keep up with the forums, but I felt I needed to get something off my chest. I finally finished the Path of Fire story plot and it's both good and bad. First 2 arcs were amazing. The pacing was decent the story was progressing fine and I actually had to work to progress the story. The 3rd arc felt kind of rushed ... to put it mildly. It's almost insulting to be honest. The whole part about convincing lower ranked military personnel that they need to follow the orders of a superior officer made me absolutely lose all connection from the entire plot up to that point. And after/because of that I started noticing stuff I had disregarded up to that point like :
1. There was no real way to interact with your guildmates from Dragon's Watch and in general their part was just to stand about and fill out some time talking and ultimately being insignificant. I finished the story 10 min ago and already forgot all about what Canach even did in all of the expansion. Kas had a purpose in the last arc to change my appearance. Rythlock gave me the sword. Canach ... what the hell did Canach even do, he kind of stood around being Canachy all the time? Taimi was just some random noise in the background and the rest of Dragon's Watch didn't seem interested in the supposed end of the world, cause they didn't even try to do anything. Generally it's all just the PC doing everything alone while listening to Canach and Rythlock talk at the beginning of every quest line without giving any kind of useful input. 2. Vlast was underrepresented and Aurene was only ever present in the last fight, outside of a cinematic in another fight.
3. All other story arcs so far made the PC move around the world - go to the Priory, go to Lions Arch, seek guidance from the Pale Tree, look for information somewhere on a different part of the world, go to some random island, etc. This entire expansion takes place in 3 areas which makes it feel insignificant or should I say inconsequential up until the final reveal after you kill Balthazar even compared to Living World stories. From the whole thing I learned that Rythlock is WEAK, cause he cant kill anything with his sword to save his life, while I dropped mobs in 2 hits.
4. The whole story felt like it's a big set up for an expansion only it is the expansion and costs 30€ and all it really does is fill the role of Living World season 2. What i mean is LWS2 did for the Mordremoth arc of the full game story what PoF did for the Kralkatoric part and PoF is about as big as the LWS2 part.
Now moving away from the many issues I have with the plot line:
1. New specializations. For me at least that alone is worth the money for the expansion. Will surely make PvP and WvW more interesting. Can't wait to get into it with my other champs.
2. Extra maps and more content to explore and just wander around. Always good to have (after you actually put more content in).
No third thing really I think that about covers the likes.
1. Materials I cant store in material bank. Big F....ING problem there guys. I've been at war with the inventory since I started the game and this is almost a tipping point, it's almost unbearable.
2. Map design. I don't mean the actual design as much as just the fact that we have large maps and little of any way-points. I get it you want to make us use the mounts, but it's just punishing after the initial fun from the mounts fades, I wont comment on the maps further, because I generally don't like desert maps, they are just to bland for me, but I made my point I hope. The maps are flat. No layers, for all the problems some people had with HoT maps I enjoyed the multi-layer thing, this feels more 2012 GW2 with flat WoW-like maps.
3. Which brings me to the 3rd problem. Mounts, good spin on the general mount systems of other games to have different mounts do different things and so one, BUT and maybe I'm the idiot here. The current way to change mounts is driving me up the walls nuts. There is no fluid way to switch mounts, the fact i need to click the arrow above the small icon shortcut is ridiculous and it literally makes me sick to my stomach every time i need to do it. I cringe so hard every time i need to switch from raptor to skimmer I've just Alt+F4 the game because of it at least 5 times so far. It's quite possibly the most annoying mechanic I've seen in any game ever. I get actual heartburn thinking of it.
4. There's really not much to do in the new maps as far as I can figure. I have spent so far around 15-16h in the maps just running around and finishing the main story and so far I saw no META map-wide events or anything remotely resembling a World Boss. You really need to fix that. How can Kralkatorik be kitten all over the crystal desert and there not be a single big Minion spawning every 3-4h to wreak havoc and make people just visit the areas.
5. The whole bounty system has a major flaw. All the above dislikes make the maps not fully populated most of the time and the HP of bounty champions is too high to be brought down by 5-7 people in the designated time unless they all start from the beginning and are not new players (have optimized gear/skills). I just not even bother to stop and waste time fighting them anymore.
6. There are no new stuff from the old kind. No new instances, Raids or Fractals from what I saw. And I expected something like the Auric skins but I don't think there is any(please correct me if I'm wrong), there are just the generic weapons no epic looking things. I expected after putting Balthazar down I'd get some flaming monster of a weapon choice but I got a boring back thingy that is so-so.
7. After I finished HoT and any of the other story plots I reran them with my other 6 champions. I dread the idea of putting myself through the giant mostly empty and boring desert maps again (that could just be me though).
8. There is really no point to get anyone else involved in your play-through any of the PoF maps. It's just a solo experience and that's just not very MMO-like. The Hero Challenges aren't really challenging and are all (as far as I saw) normal mobs with slightly more HP, no Champions, no real challenge.
9. Flying. There is none. No soaring in the skies. Everything is firmly grounded. You wont be gliding much, because you are forced to use mounts. Mounts in the areas literally killed the glider and gutted it's creator, then hung them both to dry in the desert sun. I feel stuck to the ground, there are no mushrooms, no wind streams, no high cliffs. It's all just one big flat desert with some buildings. Kind of makes it boring to play in my book.
10. The mount conditional skill. The thing that pops up when you ride the Raptor where you throw a chain to bring down a flying mob or pull a veteran Skritt to the ground. That skill has some serious range consistency problems. Also on Necro it reappears after the 1st use if you go in a shroud. It's generally a buggy skill. I cant figure the range it has. Sometimes i need to be on top of the Skritt to use it. Sometimes I can use it from really far away. Out of range of all skills.
I think I made this long enough so I'll leave it at this.
PS: Make a faster/more fluid mount change way. HINT You have many empty skill slots when mounted HINT use them HINTHINT*. PLEASE! The mount switching is killing me!
Appreciate the lack of waypoints, makes the maps less themepark and a bit more adventure.
Mixed feelings about instantly unlocking Elite Specialization. Balance of enemies good, challenging but manageable when soloing.
Nice throwbacks to old lore. Unfortunately so far nowhere the original feeling of the Crystal Desert (deserted, harsh).
Story started out nice but pacing accelerated too much after 'Facing the truth'. Dislike forced exploration for story continuation (The Sacrifice, Way Forward). Would have appreciated character / profession specific dialogue / mechanics. First combat in 'Beast of War' disappointing, should be more massive.
(Amount of) collections looks promising, dislike the 'no-lore-until-complete' principal.
The movement on the mounts is disjointed. I'm used to my charcater being able to stop and turn on a dime and the mounts do not. Its slightly nauseating riding them.
We could certainly use more waypoints. Running on a mount or running on foot means were still running to get where the fun is. I do not find running to be fun at all. Those who do like to run can always do so, those who do not are not given the option.
Otherwise, I'm enjoying the content and new maps.
Less than 100 words not doable, sorry. There is too much to say.
Less than 100 words not doable, sorry. There is too much to say.
Take more time to reduce your key points to under 100 words. You clearly excel in writing; I'm sure you can do it and find/create other threads to get into more details.
"With great power comes not-so-great utility bills."
Very much enjoying the new PoF expansion right now with my Ele main. Can't wait to bring in my alt Ranger once she's level 80, although I will take her thru HOT first to see the difference from my Ele.
There has been enough new content added within the past year that ANet should be able to give us Grandmaster Jeweler and Chef. Let's make that happen.
Really enjoying the open world content this time around.
The Story was railroaded, lacked emotional impact, lacked player agency, underutilized the most interesting characters in the setting, had a really boring final boss fight, and an unsatisfying colnclusion that was so unsatisfying you actually attempted to lampshade it in the epilogue before showing me an advertisement for content I can't play yet that looks far better.
You can check my post history if you want more detailed breakdowns of exactly what went super horribly wrong with the story line here, but the TLDR version is that you replaced the story with a not stop train of lore exposition, and doing so removed all investment i had in it. I was completely checked out the entire time because the fate of the TYRIA is boring if I don't have anything personally at stake and I know TYRIA isn't going to end anyway. Previous plotliones had characters I had emotional stake in that may (and in some cases did) die or change for the worst. This one does not. It's boring. I cared more about the ghost lady that helped me recover myself than literally any other person or event in the entire plotline. A minor NPC had a better written story than every principal character, and in less words of dialogue.
All the perks, none of the responsibilities.
PopeUrban - The Papacy [POPE]
Dude in Charge, Chief Financier, and Cave-Polisher
It's really just a club for lazy people! Join today and get big-guild services with no-guild schedules!
LOVE art direction; high 5, Art Team.
Disappointed by Weaver Sword.
Irritated by yet more inventory clutter.
Disheartened by number/aggro range of random mobs.
Delighted by new variety of mobs, however.
New guild hall is gorgeous.
Legendary player clone boss hilarious, give whoever thought that one up a medal.
tl;dr tastes great, less fulfilling
ANet did all the "little" things well: lore done thoughtfully, local color, plenty to do/AP, challenging mobs, mounts are much more fun than I imagined, story has less fluff than traditional. Easier HP/mastery, Story is harder solo (easy enough in teams).
But: where's the massively multiplayer? I don't see central activities/events that require coordination of 30-70 people. It's epic solo or small group, but not in a squad. Maybe we haven't found it yet or it comes later?
length: 95 characters
-Maps were nice but zero replay potential.
-Story was a trainwreak and a half, pointless twists and turns that led the story nowhere. You butchered GW1 lore literally and figuratively.
-Elite Specializations were extremely underwhelming and uninspired. Especially Soulbeast...Removing the class mechanic that the whole classes skills/traits revolve around...how this was even put into consideration is beyond me.
-Your terrible "goal" to declutter inventory, implementing unidentified gear and these 2 thousand different karma items we have to click on now.
-The fact that you released CLEARLY unfinished product to us, tho I'm not really surprised anymore.
-Only slightly redeeming thing was mounts which I was surprised about.
Overall a major disappointment.
it all fell flat for me.
Sorry I don't have any actual constructive suggestions. I just came away feeling like I wasted my money and I'm kind of mad at myself for it.
MAP: Amazing, Love the environment, the lack of Waypoints doesnt even bother me that much, since Im having a blast on the mounts.
Story: Actually enjoying it, unlike HOT which i just kinda grinded through to get it done.
Elite Specs: Not sure, I only tried Mirage and although its dps is subpar and offers virtually no group support, I still enjoy the whole feel of it. maybe Im just too casual in this game to care about dps, but im having fun none the less.
Lack of means to gain new stats, and incomplete item discriptions is kinda disappointing, and speaks bad on the carelessness of ANet. sure most of us know what an inscription is, so we kinda just have a good idea of how to get some of the newer stat items, but too new people its an absolute nightmare.
Really hate to bring it up again, but how is it WvW and PvP players can get Grievers gear with basically no effort if they sat on their tokens from their game mode, but the players like myself who are not great at either game mode, who just casualy enjoys the game, we cant get grievers whatsoever at this point. no inscriptions or anything with this regards, other than grinding and doing achievements to get exotic variants? just kinda annoying.
But all in all still having and absolute blast.
I love the new maps, there is a high enough density of mob to give enough to fight without feeling that everywhere is too empty or feeling swamped. There is also room to move about during a fight unlike the narrow paths of HoT. I am hoping that there are plenty of small hidden places for those of us that don't mind getting off out mounts from time to time can find and explore.
I do find that everyone talks to your character the same regardless of the race of the character. As an altoholic I possibly notice this more than most, but while Kiel's remarks about Taimi having a teeny tiny body seemed fine when she was speaking to my human character, it did seem that my Asura necromancer should be getting rather more upset, she isn't exactly big herself.
And as far as that story goes, it is now 5 down, 31 characters to go,. I really wish it had been mentioned when looking at the purchase options that the Lily of Elon Pass was the only real way to get an alt into the new areas without doing the story or relying on friends to port you in; and I still haven't been able to find out if the Lily of Elon Pass bought with £££ is the same as the Amnoon VIP pass that is included in the Deluxe upgrade which can be bought for gems. If they are the same, can you please have a word with people about consistency of naming things.
There is no obvious word count on the forum and I can't be bothered to count and see how many that is, but that is more or a forum issue than a PoF one.
Story. 9/10 i loved it, alot, much better than HoT, much better than the base games, and much better than any LW, please do more like this.
Exploration. 5/10 Not so bad here...only complaint i really have is the massive aggro range of the mobs, the lack of safe spots to take breaks or pauses ecspecially when a large portion of the towns/WP locations have enemies nearby., the lack of waypoints, 5 per zone would be nice and doesnt feel like to much, one in each corner, on in the center, its annoying as hell when im trying to find the last POI and i have to run across the entire map when i find it.
Enemies. 6/10 why in gods name did you add so many enemies that destroy , reflect or block projectiles? i play a ranger, i use a shortbow and an axe because our melee options arent to great. The variety of enemies is nice, and so too is the differences in skills that each enemy uses, would like to see more of this. I do have problems with how far away they will aggro however, it seems far to high.
Mounts. 7/10 Not sure what to say here. still get motion sick from some of the mounts so i cant use them for to long which makes Exploration harder for me, and its why it doesnt get higher than a 7.
Elite Specs. i can only speak for soulbeast here, but it feels like i have to give up far to much to make taking it worth while, If i want to keep my decent amount of condi damage now i cant give it up at all. The traits dont seem to synergies well with the base classes and it makes me feel bad.
What i really dont like however, is the lack of any meta events. Once i finish off the achievements and collections i want, i dont see a point in staying out in the area at all, which to me seems like bad design, its only a little over a week in and i hardly see players running around anymore.
Ember Wandertooth(SB), Lucina Fallenflame(Weaver), Kianda Redpaw(Guardian), Kingslayer, Light in the Dark.
Why Guild Wars is called Guild Wars
i finished the story, 100% map completion and got all mounts incl. the griphon ( all full mastery ). That was the fun part.
Now it's boring. No Meta Events, Bounties are dull and not rewarding. Everything is to easy.
Most of the collection needs gold, the rest is only small busy work, nothing special.
Thats one of the shortest and smallest Addon i have purchased for a MMO. There has to be more.
Where a new dungeons and fracatals? Where are new metas and world bosses?
What have you done the past 2 years? Spendig time on blackmarked Pets, Skins etc?
btw. next time you release a expansion. dont release 2 days after new stuff in blackmarked.
because that stuff should have been in the expansion.
Path of Fire is a winner!! Very impressed.
Pros - Artwork/Music
- Map Design
- Very cool monster designs(love the forged on the hoverboards)
- Mounts so impressively implemented
- Hero points that don't require groups
Cons - not a fan of minigames
other - Please bring world bosses to these maps
- Please add mount emotes
Wonderful expansion. Much better than HoT, in all respects save for a few.
To start, the storytelling, and instances in particular, are excellent. Your writing and story direction feels much more organic, and you seem to be leading the story in a direction that feels more like a sequel to GW1, rather than some totally new, irreverent thing, which is awesome. Special props for including character creation/story decisions in the story itself. My Kormir-blessed human having unique dialogue during SPOILERS was a breath of fresh air, as was Rytlock commenting specifically on elementalists, and then referencing my specific profession! Truly excellent work.
I haven't played every elite spec, but I've spent some time with Spellbreaker, Weaver, and Scourge, and I love them all. They all feel engaging, powerful, flavorful, but not overly so in any way (well, Scourge seems ridiculous, lol). I want to give a specific shout out to your excellent, and I mean really excellent, storytelling through mechanics. The spellbreaker, a spec themed on being related to the sunspears opposing Palawa Joko, has tons of boon rip... and the Awakened have the highest boon application, making spellbreakers uniquely great against them. It's great! It explains the choices you made, and really makes spellbreaker feel unique. Major props.
The mounts are fun, and I found progression for the mounts to be really balanced overall. The secret mount... costs too much gold. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but the maps themselves are not terribly conducive to farming gold, which means that getting the mount means that players aren't encouraged to play the content the mount is supposedly based in. I would suggest changing the cost to be lots, and LOTS, of trade contracts. Make it really hard to get, sure, but make it reward playing affiliated content rather than just using generic gold.
While the story was great, the ending really fun, the sequel-baiting is strong, and it's really frustrating to see the obvious continuation of the story and NOT be able to just go do it. Having a little hint of something leading to the next Living World Season is fine, but you should finish the story you have presented to the players, not go halfway and then cut it off.
Overall, though, it's great. I've had a lot of fun moving around, exploring, playing my elite specs, and encountering new enemy and instance types that stretch the boundaries of GW2 to make it feel more like the original game in tone. Overall, 8/10.
Maps and mounts are nice (well griffon bugs and you drop down like stone). I just hope that new living story add meta events in maps because maps are awesome, but i feel like there isn't that much reason come back after you have done achs. Actually anet should try to keep all maps alive and only way to do it is add something to grind in every map.
Low quality trolling since launch
Seafarer's Rest EotM Hero
Story - it is by far better than the other expansion becuase it had more lore and we fought a god, but it felt short just like allways.
Mounts - are the second best innovative addition right after the cain meta events we had in hot maps. They are unique and help in exploration a lot, if you guys would reduce the wps in core maps i wouldn't mind at all since mounts are much more better .
Map design - really beautiful, huge, who does them know there jobs since i love all the maps design from all the game
Specialization - most of them enjoyable but, some classes (deadeye) is preferable to go with hot or core builds for pve only.
Content: no meta chains at all, no new dungeons or world bosses, nothing mmoish about this xpansion at ALL except for bountys(but they feel like hp runs in hot). If i had knew about this, probably i would have never preorder or bought Pof. The maps are just like the living world season 3 ones wich i was ok with them becuase hey they are just fillers, do them once and never again, but i never tought to see it in a expansion aswell and this was such a disappointment. I really don't understand why hot metas had so much hate from the 'casuals', but they made the game unique and lively like no other mmo. Not only because would bring people into the maps for 2straight years(at least for those who know how to use lfg) but mostly becuase the npcs where interacting and helping the players discovering the map and progressing the event like a story instead of being useless like all heart npcs wich now are even repetable, eehhhh. Now this gorgeus maps are really boring to play and most veterans will move back to the usual routine once they are done with collections and achievs(the same that happen to ls3 maps), this problem could have been solved with 2-3 new dungeons and maybe 1world boss since it's core maps style. Or made them into meta like hot/sw but not that hard just so casuals don't lame like they do.
Love the new expansion! The story and maps are wonderful, beautiful things and a huge step in the right direction after HoT.
Only thing I don't love is the consistent theme of all the new armor sets being crafted/account bound. I do love that you can do one full set of the Funerary armor through chieves, but having to hunt down recipes, and craft everything is really not fun. It'd be cool to see more event and collection type things that award us with armor/weapons, that way you keep people doing those events over and over.
Not sounding mean but if I had to compare PoF to HoT, then PoF takes the cake and eats it too. This expansion has so far been a treat! I like all the little bits of conversation between characters, easter eggs like the hidden area in the pseudo open world dungeon in the desert highlands, or the lion king tribute. I like the bounty system and mount races. The story while not perfect is longer and meatier with a lot of questions that will hopefully be answered in LW S4. Mounts are amazing and bravo to you Anet for including the gryphon as a secret mount. Overall pretty good so far.
As someone who has been a strong critic of HoT and the Living Story to date . . . I am in LOVE with PoF! I haven't beaten the story or explored all maps yet, but so far I am preferring the maps and story by a wide margin. The environments are exactly what I've been wanting to see in this game (Dry Top and SW for desert zones were extremely lack-luster and frustrating to traverse). It's so beautiful to look at, and mobs are easier to take on compared to HoT's intense maps. I also am very happy that HPs can be solo'd for the most part. Music is AMAZING! Finally, I thought I would hate mounts (and wanted GW2 to stay original, since I played WoW for years), but I have been enjoying them more than I thought I would, and have gotten more and more used to controlling the two that I currently have.
EDIT: In regards to enemies, I really am loving the variety. Forged are annoying to fight, though, and remind me of the Prometheans from Halo 4 and 5. But the Choya and others are interesting to fight and have great designs.
No glaring complaints on my mind at this moment, especially since I only played for one weekend.
its the 2nd xpack and if we add both xpacks content all together in a single xpack, wvw was completely forgotten.
so overall... mehhh
its about time you guys decide...
disband wvw game mode
invest some time and effort on this game mode..
you had multiple full servers...
multiple queued maps...
multiple huge guilds..
you have barely 2 full servers (have some more with fake full status)
you have maps queue on reset and thats it
you had to add server links to get enough ppl in a map to take a keep..
you have massive guilds disbanding..
you have huge ammount of players leaving game...
why is that??
cause you keep adding specializations, items builds and condi damage balancing the game on PVE only.. but you never look into wvw game mode..
wake up already
So far my experience with Path of Fire has been much more positive than Heart of Thorns.
I will close saying that I feel Path of Fire brought a nice breath of fresh air to the game and I am happy to buy gems and contribute to it, but I really wish you take a look at the "bad" above to improve the shortfalls of the expansion - I don't think they are very troublesome to address (exception maybe to the WvW one), and resolving them would really bring the expansion to a 10/10.
My Best 2 points.
My Worst 2 points.
You stand to benefit more from making friends than you do making enemies.
Overall it's a great expansion. kitten near perfect. I like what you did to make it so the other content doesn't loose flavor. Vanilla has the world bosses, dungeon and fractals. HoT has the mega meta events and glidding. And with PoF you have mounts, mini metas and bounties. Story was amazing. Can't wait for the mount skins. I can see myself changing my griffin into a dragon and my raptor into a unicorn.
PROS: Improved story telling, gorgeous maps, mounts are on the whole handled well.
CONS: While improved, still enormous plot holes. No mention of Rox, braham, Destinys edge. No Metas is a huge mistep, threadbare and mundane events, fps drops with too many mounts, huge areas with NOTHING in them, Sparse content compared with HOT, Dull and Grindy Heart Quests, ridiculous power creep with new Elites.
The expansion feels unfinished imo. 6/10
my short brief feed back for the new pack
pro path of fire
felt like over paid dlc content from Nintendo
over priced new 32 count bags making bags a gold sink to upgrade
no hard ware upgrades
no support for SLI cross fire.
no upgraded dx versions
bad map design
250 gold sink Griffon mount
no 4K support
no g sync support
Story/Writing: major disappointment reminded me of the last living story line
dismounted mounting very laggy and slow .
will not recommend this game to no one at all
score 1 out of 10 .
Mounts definitely add to the game and I love the realism of their movement, how unlike in some other games you feel centrifugal force when turning them. However, I have been somewhat concerned about the griffon mount causing a flight creep that could negatively affect jumping and gliding mechanics.
Others have pointed out how they miss map-wide meta-events and I agree the maps feel a bit less exciting without them, but they're beautiful, still fun to explore, and bounties are fun in their own way and it's nice being able to activate them.
Only did a few story chapters but loved the voices of Glint and Vlast. Was disappointed, however, that so many Elonian NPCs who look like they should have exotic accents or inflections have generic American-sounding voices. Would like to have more variety in the voice acting, even if it means cheaper actors.
I wonder what's here.
Events rewards - for bounties and these "mini-metas" - NEED to be buffed! There is no point in doing them other than for the achievements.
I was also disappointed that there were no super nifty armor achievements like in Silverwastes (Luminous armor). Maybe those were unpopular?
Not so cool:
In general: Deadeye is beautiful and every addition to this game is worth it so far. I mean, you are professionals after all, not an indie studio.
Excelsior, my name is Zedexx; Asuran Deadeye and assassin.
The Hunter / 2x Darksteel Pistols / 2x Whisper's Secret Daggers and my Springer. That's all I need and trust.
"We [Asura] are the concentrated magnificence!"
- Maps, art design/direction, music, voice acting = stellar as always.
- Mount design (momentum) and function, love it.
- Some character developments in the main story, keep them coming !
- Some events in the main story
- Clunky way of swapping mounts via UI
- Meta events, please ! I love those and they made me feel working towards a common goal with other players!
- Some areas are way too densely populated with mobs, especially the Branded zones and the desolation areas. "Everyone, come!" shudder
- Some mobs have an unusually large aggro range