Armor choice for Support Firebrand

Biktor.6507

Hello everyone!

After playing DH for a long time I've decided it's time to try out the support aspect of the Guardian. Fell in love with it after getting into sPvP as Mantra Bunker since I felt DH to be lacking in the damage compartment in comparison to my Holosmith Alt.I'm kinda short on funds so I'll only be able to craft one Ascended armor set which I wanna use for both Fractals and eventually raids one day.So while looking at https://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Firebrand_-_Support_Healer

I realized there's a pretty big stat difference depending on what content I'm in. I have been slaving away with my berry farming etc so getting multiple sets of trinkets won't be a problem.That being said, what would you guys recommend in terms of stats on my armor that would fit my needs? The Metabattle link mentions that the Minstrel/Magi variant offers less in terms of boon uptime, but I feel like I'd rather go the healer route since more often than not it's a Druid I'm missing since Chronomancers seem to be more common. Also, I'd like to add that I'm aware that FB Support is pretty much inferior in either aspects compared to the Meta classes.

So, TLDR: What stat combination would be best on my Ascended gear for fractals/raids provided that I can tweak my trinkets quite a bit.

Thanks!

Harrier if you plan to be a Quickness bot - it's the only 3-stat combo that has concentration, so it gives more boon duration then any other set. Also good for healer, but not the best. Also good for a support/dps hybrid with Radiance. IMO, the most flexible combo with the most number of builds. This is probably the best gear for 5 man type builds.

Minstrels if you want Pure Support (no dps) with boon duration.

Magi if you want pure healing and don't care about boon duration.

Plaguedoctor (Honor/Force Of Will specced) if you want to do healing with boon duration but still have the option to burst DPS with TOJ.

I play in T4 fractals with more or less this, and it works very good. It feels often like I'm overhealing, so I am soon gonna swap some pieces for commander to get some extra concentration. But this is overall a very smooth healing/support build. Never experienced any problem with it

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vVEQNAW5ensADNCjFBDGCBkCjlHCLr9MfyAYBgKwHYfemPDoA-jxBBQBRb/Bmp8rmKBJkuhLcRAAwTAQVq/AA-eedit:ignore the choice of utility skills presented

Archived