Enough already with the enemies over level 80

raykor.6723

Perhaps this is just a personal pet peeve but I am very annoyed with any enemy over level 80. The game has plenty of other options: veterans, elites, champions, and just spawning greater numbers. But I absolutely hate fighting any enemy over 80. It makes all your attacks feel weak and your entire character impotent.

• Haha 1

@Blocki.4931 said:It's to avoid making every enemy a veteran or higher. Upscaling only happens when tons of people are around anyway and a good way to tune down the insta zerg kill everything

Issue is that they stay at that level if not killed making it a pain in the ass for players who are trying to do events by themselves if a zerg runs through, doesnt touch the event, but because they where there they upscaled the hell out of everything. The new map suffers from this from time to time and its annoying as hell and shouldnt happen, id rather fight veterans than a level 84 or 85 standard enemy that takes less damage then a level 80 veteran would and does more damage.

• Thanks 1

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

@zenleto.6179 said:None of my characters are impotent so your guys might need a bit of help in that department.

Fighting upscaled enemies forces your attacks to fumble. It's like having permanent weakness, except there's nothing that can be done to prevent it.

Rule #1 of video games..... as long as you can do even 1 damage, you can kill it. Just get really good at not dying, and you win by default

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@zenleto.6179 said:None of my characters are impotent so your guys might need a bit of help in that department.

Fighting upscaled enemies forces your attacks to fumble. It's like having permanent weakness, except there's nothing that can be done to prevent it.

Rule #1 of video games..... as long as you can do even 1 damage, you can kill it. Just get really good at not dying (...)

...and bring A LOT of time...

@raykor.6723 said:Perhaps this is just a personal pet peeve but I am very annoyed with any enemy over level 80. The game has plenty of other options: veterans, elites, champions, and just spawning greater numbers. But I absolutely hate fighting any enemy over 80. It makes all your attacks feel weak and your entire character impotent.

I guess you never played GW1, where the max player level was 20, and ordinary maps and story instances could have mobs with levels all the way up to at least 28 (1) in normal mode, or 30 in hard mode.

(1) Notably the endless swarms of spell-immune Margonite Clerics in Vabbi and the Realm of Torment, and Pinesouls and other nonsense in the Far Shiverpeaks.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 said:

Fighting upscaled enemies forces your attacks to fumble.

??? That is just not true.

Are you talking of certain PoF bounties and their boss mechanics per chance? There is one where you need to stand where the arrows point or your attacks will automatically miss.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

Fighting upscaled enemies forces your attacks to fumble.

??? That is just not true.

Are you talking of certain PoF bounties and their boss mechanics per chance? There is one where you need to stand where the arrows point or your attacks will automatically miss.

@Blood Red Arachnid.2493 is probably talking about the mechanic called "Glancing" blows.

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Glancing

Summary: The further below the enemy's level you are, the higher the chances of your attacks being a sort of reverse-critical hit, and doing half the normal damage.

• 4 years later...

Yet another mysterious inconsistency.  I have no idea why someone thought mobs above level 80 were necessary.  It's not like level 80 has any sort of consistency to it.  You can't count of the number of hit points due to the level.  Veteran, Elite, Champion, and  Legendary are all very inconsistent in both abilities and hit points.  This seems especially true of the different expansions.  The mobs are wildly inconsistent between expansions.

• Like 1
  • Confused 4
  • Sad 1