Best Elite for Condi Engineer

Dace.8173

I've been toying with making a condi Engineer build but I was unsure if Scrapper or Holosmith would be ideal. Or even core Engineer I suppose. I have an old fire theme build that I once created but I was curious if there is something better.

Here's the link to the old build as a starting point for discussion. I had thought about making use of the Elixer Gun in a possible build.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQFAUlUUhKrY1VwWLQ+FLTG14HUBxnYzcABA9cX37NA-jJBHQBNpMwBvAA5Y/BA8AAAA

The impression I get is that core engi is generally considered best for sustained condition damage, but holosmith can get better burst and more CC.

That said, the metabattle builds are all based around explosives, so if you're not keen to use bombs and grenades, that might change your priorities.

Don't know why you would use rifle instead of hammer on Scrapper. Not only does it give you CC, but also gives you evasion and projectile reflect on a short cooldown. Another thing is you call it a condi engineer build, yet you use rune of the elementalist and berserker amulet.

The rune and amulet choices hurt what is meant to be a condi build and the only conditions you can apply on foes is bleed from Blunderbuss and burning from the flamethrower. Core engineer relies on using multiple kits to keep condition pressure on enemies even when using the rifle and that's what made the profession fun to play, the multitasking.

But to answer your question, use either Elixir X or Sneak Gyro.

@Hoodie.1045 said:Don't know why you would use rifle instead of hammer on Scrapper. Not only does it give you CC, but also gives you evasion and projectile reflect on a short cooldown. Another thing is you call it a condi engineer build, yet you use rune of the elementalist and berserker amulet.

The rune and amulet choices hurt what is meant to be a condi build and the only conditions you can apply on foes is bleed from Blunderbuss and burning from the flamethrower. Core engineer relies on using multiple kits to keep condition pressure on enemies even when using the rifle and that's what made the profession fun to play, the multitasking.

But to answer your question, use either Elixir X or Sneak Gyro.

The Runes and the Amulet are just holdovers from another build. I use Rifle because I prefer range to melee in most cases. Also, Hammer's best quality really is the missle reflect. The only condition it applies is vulnerability. Meanwhile, on Rifle I find I have more options. It inflicts bleeding and immobilizes. I find Jump Shot to be a great movement skill and has the added advantage that I can use it to jump away as well as jump into. It's saved me in several PvP matches when I get low on health and need to make a tactical retreat. I also find Overcharged shot to be a great ability and simply just fun as sin. It breaks cripple, immobilize, and chill. It pushes me away from trouble as well as pushing trouble away from me. I can use Rumble to gain stability or I can swap in Gatorade U for stability which means I can shoot people away from me and still keep moving, often times netting them to keep them in place for follow up attacks. In PvP it has also saved more than one teammate from being stomped. Overall, I just prefer it to Hammer. Though I have also toyed with using dual pistols.

I'll likely swap out the turret for either Elixer Gun or Grenades and then swap in Gatorade U for Gatorade B. See if that generates better results. Though I should really be using the Sneak Gyro. I'll likely stay with Scrapper for now and see how that works for me.

In what mode? Bomb kit is awesome in PVE as the AI is too stupid to get out of it or mechanics keep it stationary. I feel explosives makes the best condi build due to synergy with modified ammunition. Grenades give you 3 chances each to cripple, bleed and vulnerability. If combined with both pistols you can cause burning, poison, confusion, bleeding, chilled, crippled, vulnerability and blindness. With holosmith laser's edge is 15% bonus damage if traited with Photonic Blasting Module and Crystal Configuration Storm is even more explosions.

Damage modifiers

8 possible conditions with modified ammunition 16%Laser's edge 15%vulnerability bonus 10%stacks of vulnerability - up to 25%

Crit bonus from bleed 10% and fury from explosives 20%

I like sanguine array as you can increase might pretty fast with bleeds especially with elixir u

Works very well in open world pve, I haven't had much luck with condi builds in PvP or WvW, kills too slow and lacks survivability.

gw2skills.net/editor/?vdAQJAqanUUB9dhlYBmXBcJjl0CD8EFCqL9zx64f87pEAaAA-jJRhABbeCAAY/BhLDk5DAAA

Maybe something like this?

Archived