Nerf, Buff, or Sideways on 2 October?

Anchoku.8142

A lot of people seem to be concerned for nerfs. I'm not sure if that concern is for Necro in general or for certain elite specs but I've found it to be predominantly about Reaper.

ANet does have a history of over nerfing Necro and taking back the gifts they give us but, I feel that Reaper is in the clear. There's a possibility they'll do some shaves with Reaper's Onslaught or maybe some damage reduction on a skill or two but, overall I don't think it's to a point where it's in serious need of attention. It has a good place now being the melee monster that you cannot facetank but still suffers the same weaknesses that Necro has always had. There's plenty enough counterplay to say with certainty if ANet has any sense at all, they'll leave Reaper as it is.

I'd say I believe we'll be "sideways" and maybe get a small buff and nerf here or there. Nothing is really overperforming atm other than some people complaining about Reaper's damage because they're having issues adjusting to the changes. I'm sure the complaints will subside after everyone has gotten used to proper ways to handle Reaper.

Gail grey talk about a weapon traits update which in the case of the necromancer isn't really something that we should anticipate...Well... Worst case (if ANet really want to scrw the necromancer):

• lingering curse will be changed so that the necromancer need to corrupt boons to gain a stackable expertise buff (And while they are at it, they will add the same mechanism for the condition damage).
  • Quickening thirst will be changed in such a way that the necromancer gain swiftness whenever he is inflicted by a bleeding effect instead of the passive speed boost (with an ICD).
  • Banshee vail will gain concentration based on healing power. When you succesfully daze a foe gain alacrity (replace cool down recharge)

Thanksfully the necromancer no longer have any staff/axe traits...

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:A lot of people seem to be concerned for nerfs. I'm not sure if that concern is for Necro in general or for certain elite specs but I've found it to be predominantly about Reaper.

ANet does have a history of over nerfing Necro and taking back the gifts they give us but, I feel that Reaper is in the clear. There's a possibility they'll do some shaves with Reaper's Onslaught or maybe some damage reduction on a skill or two but, overall I don't think it's to a point where it's in serious need of attention. It has a good place now being the melee monster that you cannot facetank but still suffers the same weaknesses that Necro has always had. There's plenty enough counterplay to say with certainty if ANet has any sense at all, they'll leave Reaper as it is.

I'd say I believe we'll be "sideways" and maybe get a small buff and nerf here or there. Nothing is really overperforming atm other than some people complaining about Reaper's damage because they're having issues adjusting to the changes. I'm sure the complaints will subside after everyone has gotten used to proper ways to handle Reaper.

Except reaper is still behind every other class still in pve.I am so sick of the nerf this auto rection.

I need to know if 30850 is still the limit of a well played reaper, and if it is, it needs to reach around 33000-34000

@Axl.8924 said:

@"SpellOfIniquity.1780" said:A lot of people seem to be concerned for nerfs. I'm not sure if that concern is for Necro in general or for certain elite specs but I've found it to be predominantly about Reaper.

ANet does have a history of over nerfing Necro and taking back the gifts they give us but, I feel that Reaper is in the clear. There's a possibility they'll do some shaves with Reaper's Onslaught or maybe some damage reduction on a skill or two but, overall I don't think it's to a point where it's in serious need of attention. It has a good place now being the melee monster that you
cannot
facetank but still suffers the same weaknesses that Necro has always had. There's plenty enough counterplay to say with certainty if ANet has any sense at all, they'll leave Reaper as it is.

Except reaper is still behind every other class still in pve.I am so sick of the nerf this auto rection.

I need to know if 30850 is still the limit of a well played reaper, and if it is, it needs to reach around 33000-34000

I'm not talking about PvE. There are a lot of players in PvP/WvW that have been complaining about how much damage Reaper does and I'm saying I think it's in a good place. It'll just take a while for people to rework their strategies against it because you really cannot take Reaper lightly anymore. Not that it was ever irrelevant, just that prior to things like extra Ferocity, Quickness, easier Might gain and overall better damage, it was possible to get a little sloppy while fighting one. Really not the case anymore.

Reaper is 30k "only" but he is AoE burst and I like it a lot. And as Reaper you have utilities, that makes fights esier and thats pretty good too. And after all, you dont meet much ppl who are able pull out benchmark numbers but on reaper it is ez. Dont forget dmg isnt everything.

Archived