All I want for Christmas...is...

EremiteAngel.9765

I don't want a lot for Christmas.There is just one thing I need.

Please buff Foot in the Grave trait to make it a decent choice vs Death perception and Dhuumfire.

On top of the existing stab and stun-break, add a 30% reduction to Shroud Cooldown.

So Reapers can get our 7 seconds Shroud CD back.

Please.

I've not really enjoyed playing my Reaper since the speed of shadows change 1 year ago.Reaper has become so 1 dimensional since then.

what I want for Christmas is to be able to play my necro again without feeling like im hitting everything with a fucking wet noodle (PVE) and for necro/reaper/scourge to get MASSIVE reworks, Necro to be decent damage and decent survivability, reaper to be high damage and lower survivability (having viable builds in both power BUT MAINLY CONDI) and scourge to be a decent AOE damage but also support spec, but basically in the end MAKE NECRO THE KING OF CONDIS LIKE IT SHOULD BE and reverse about half the dang nerf to epi

What I want is for christmas is support ele tempest to be better buffers(OOPS not allowed to talk about non necro things) and for scourge to be really desired.

I'd love if scourge could be amazing as condi dps too please ANET?

This game needs more variety in specs.

@Axl.8924 said:What I want is for christmas is support ele tempest to be better buffers(OOPS not allowed to talk about non necro things) and for scourge to be really desired.

They killed my boon share scep/wh ele with the last big balance patch ?. She was giving perma 25 might, vigor, regen, and fury before, and also worked very well with chrono due to sand squall.

What I want is more skill splits between game modes so we stop stepping on each other in balance patches, and as a dream: a good necro rework, one that won't make us swing too wildly and allow us to be near the middle rather than on the extremes.

@Sephylon.4938 said:

@Axl.8924 said:What I want is for christmas is support ele tempest to be better buffers(OOPS not allowed to talk about non necro things) and for scourge to be really desired.

They killed my boon share scep/wh ele with the last big balance patch ?. She was giving perma 25 might, vigor, regen, and fury before, and also worked very well with chrono due to sand squall.

What I want is more skill splits between game modes so we stop stepping on each other in balance patches, and as a dream: a good necro rework, one that won't make us swing too wildly and allow us to be near the middle rather than on the extremes.

Boonshare feels a bit underpowered a little for tempest.I feel like the healing can get by, but I really want some way that if I sacrifice staff for scepter Warhorn that the buffs I get compensate for less healing for sacrificing staff.

I would love that too. People cry about reaper in pvp and yeah it hits super hard, but it needs to hit that hard to be competitive, and it still feels underpowered compared to other classes who can do 33/34K in pve.

What concerns me the most, is variety of specs the game offers, as nobody likes to be pidgeonholed, because every other thing that it can offer is underpowered, such as condi scourge. People were complaining about scourge and asking it to be support saying: Maybe it should be support it was made to be without evidence, and giving out ideas. Support scourge is a good idea, but its still forcing them to be something they might not want, and I don't think that's healthy for the game.

Having scrapper for instance compete with firebrand and chrono? That's what I call good design. The biggest problem I see though, is obviously having a design that offers something without making every spec the same in support. I want to see more classes brought up to scrapper levels of support, while keeping variety of stuff it offers uniquely to the spec.

Death Magic rework, please. Toughness and the other sustain options are not worth sacrificing another trait line. DM just not fit with any build but MM.

• Toughness in PvE = aggro control and Necro has no blocks and little stab for this role
  • Necro scales badly when building for boon support so Protection is not worth investing in
  • Damage reduction traits cannot be shared among a group so, unlike Blood Magic, there is no group compensation for taking them.

• 3 weeks later...

Shame that our profession, in regards to the forums, has the most post and outcry among all others... yet we're the most ignored. It's a bit of a tragic comedy our existence. ANET was never known for their communication or feedback, this is nothing new. It's over half a decade that our class is laying in the dirt and nobody is offering a hand. While this may be specific to my server or situation in general.. my entire guild of Necromancers has quit for whatever reason(s) over the course of the past 5 years.

Necros are supposed to be masters of life and death... but the only dead thing I have power over in this game is how I want to die. The crowning achievement of a Necro these days is maybe surviving the wrath of a Champion Wild Boar.

@KolderThanYou.9018 said:Shame that our profession, in regards to the forums, has the most post and outcry among all others... yet we're the most ignored. It's a bit of a tragic comedy our existence. ANET was never known for their communication or feedback, this is nothing new. It's over half a decade that our class is laying in the dirt and nobody is offering a hand. While this may be specific to my server or situation in general.. my entire guild of Necromancers has quit for whatever reason(s) over the course of the past 5 years.

Complains about necromancers usually goes from both the necromancer players and other professions players. Vanilla necromancer was given tools that work badly in PvE and have potential in PvP. Since those tools are what ANet think to be part of the necromancer's identity, ANet chose to keep the tools and expand them. Doing so ended up creating issue everywhere but they keep trying because they either believe in the necromancer's identity or think that such tools are important for the game as a whole.

Now, if we are honest with ourselve, the necromancer is in a way better state than he used to be. WvW wise he is stronger than ever, PvP wise there is quite a few builds that work well and PvE wise the necromancer almost reach the treshold of being welcome in an end game in which it's tools are slowly becoming less useless and/or bothering to it's teammate. It seem that players forgot how rough necro had it in the vanilla game, compared to this time the necromancer is now in a way better place.

Thought if I say that the necromancer is in a better place, I don't say that he is in a better state. In fact I think that it's state is worse than it was in the vanilla game. It's paradoxal to have the necromancer in a better place but in a worse state, yet I feel it's the case.

Necros are supposed to be masters of life and death... but the only dead thing I have power over in this game is how I want to die. The crowning achievement of a Necro these days is maybe surviving the wrath of a Champion Wild Boar.

Necromancer are not supposed to be master of death and life, the are supposed to be master at manipulating condition. A grand ambition, yet not really usefull in game. That said, the necromancer (scourge) isn't that bad at rallying down allies and allowing them to avoid death.

@Sephylon.4938 said:

@KolderThanYou.9018 said:Shame that our profession, in regards to the forums, has the most post and outcry among all others... yet we're the most ignored.

I duno about that, the ele sub is pretty up there, complaining about unplayability in pvp/wvw solo.

And the fun fact: a good ele can easily fight 1v2 or 1v3 while the necro can't.Ok maybe he can if enemies are standing on one point doing nothing or if the enemies are really damn bad

@Anchoku.8142 said:Death Magic rework, please. Toughness and the other sustain options are not worth sacrificing another trait line. DM just not fit with any build but MM.

• Toughness in PvE = aggro control and Necro has no blocks and little stab for this role
  • Necro scales badly when building for boon support so Protection is not worth investing in
  • Damage reduction traits cannot be shared among a group so, unlike Blood Magic, there is no group compensation for taking them.

And even if we can't get a full rework, at least replacing Soul Comprehension? Please?

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

@Anchoku.8142 said:Death Magic rework, please. Toughness and the other sustain options are not worth sacrificing another trait line. DM just not fit with any build but MM.

And even if we can't get a full rework, at least replacing Soul Comprehension? Please?

How about...

• Shrouded Removal - On entering shroud, conditions are converted to life force at 1 per second.
  • Soul Comprehension grants a stacking precision bonus on nearby deaths. Ends on down. PvE and PvP/WvW split on amount per death
  • Putrid Defense - Take less damage from poisoned foes and grants 150 condition damage
  • Reaper's Protection has been combined with Fear of Death. The new Reaper's Protection provides concentration based on precision.
  • Beyond the Veil - When you leave shroud you and your minions gain protection. Two conditions are converted to boons for yourself and 9 allies within a 240 radius.

@Anchoku.8142 said:

How about...
  • Shrouded Removal - On entering shroud, conditions are converted to life force at 1 per second.
  • Soul Comprehension grants a stacking precision bonus on nearby deaths. Ends on down. PvE and PvP/WvW split on amount per death
  • Putrid Defense - Take less damage from poisoned foes and grants 150 condition damage
  • Reaper's Protection has been combined with Fear of Death. The new Reaper's Protection provides concentration based on precision.
  • Beyond the Veil - When you leave shroud you and your minions gain protection. Two conditions are converted to boons for yourself and 9 allies within a 240 radius.

Personally, I'd like to see Soul Comprehension be swapped for Decaying Swarm. Maybe with a 50% health trigger instead of 25%.

@Anchoku.8142 said:

How about...

Most of these don't fit death magic.

@Drarnor Kunoram.5180 said:

How about...

Personally, I'd like to see Soul Comprehension be swapped for Decaying Swarm. Maybe with a 50% health trigger instead of 25%.

That is an understandable request. It would be especially strong as an auto-proc in PvP.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

How about...

These suggestions do not fit the DM of today but that is the point. DM used to be Necro's boon duration line. Also, DM is not good enough for anything but minions. It needs ways to compensate for the severe dps loss in taking it over another trait line.

@Anchoku.8142 said:

How about...

These suggestions do not fit the DM of today but that is the point. DM used to be Necro's boon duration line. Also, DM is not good enough for anything but minions. It needs ways to compensate for the severe dps loss in taking it over another trait line.

It's a defensive traitlines so should work as such. Look at defense on warrior. Ideas similar to them but thematically and mechanically fit for necro is what death magic should be.

@Sigmoid.7082 said:

How about...

It's a defensive traitlines so should work as such. Look at defense on warrior. Ideas similar to them but thematically and mechanically fit for necro is what death magic should be.

How much more defense do you need?

Archived