Revenant changes

LucianDK.8615

Revenant

Facet of Nature: Reduced the energy cost of this skill from 3 to 2 in PvE and WvW.

Incensed Response: The stacks of might that this trait grants have been reduced from 5 to 2 in PvP.

Targeted Destruction: The damage increase that this trait grants has been increased from 7% to 10% in PvE.

Nefarious Momentum: This trait has been renamed Notoriety. In addition to its previous effect,it now causes might to grant revenants more power and less condition damage.

Righteous Rebel: The trait's condition damage reduction has been reworked. Rather than granting a 33% reduction at maximum stacks,it now grants a 7% reduction per stack. This trait now causes Orders from Above to affect up to 10 targets.

Vicious Lacerations: This trait now grants its boon when revenants critically strike, in addition to when they strike with a sword skill.The number of maximum stacks has been reduced from 5 to 3, and the damage increase per stack has been increased from 2% to 3%.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Intriguing changes.Vicious Lacerations has become much more versatile, with an 1% nerf. Which would make it useful for future power weapons.But Targetted destruction has been buffed with 3%, making up for it and adding 2% more damage.

And they are really trying to get us away from Assassins Presence. Making Might give us -MORE- power if choosing Notoriety. Would this be enough to choose it?

@Exalted Quality.8534 said:Looks like these changes will amount to a small dps increase for power revs in pve. Interesting that you can get vicious lacerations with crit strikes on non-sword weapons now, but at a 1% loss in max dmg. Too bad weapon swapping on power rev in pve is rarely worth it.

As I see it, useful for having hammer on switch or future power weapons. But did you look at Notoriety? Now Might gained when in assassin stance have been increased by 90 power, up from 60. Meaning +750 power when in Assassin.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Intriguing changes.Vicious Lacerations has become much more versatile, with an 1% nerf. Which would make it useful for future power weapons.But Targetted destruction has been buffed with 3%, making up for it and adding 2% more damage.

And they are really trying to get us away from Assassins Presence. Making Might give us -MORE- power if choosing Notoriety. Would this be enough to choose it?

Coupled with the Incensed Response nerf, probably...

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:Nefarious Momentum / Notoriety seems to be bugged, doesn't grant might when using legendary stance skills.

I just tested it, you gain Might from IO just fine when -in- combat- and phase traversal or riposting shadows gave might even out of combat.

Enchanted Daggers and Jade Winds gave Might in combat only.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Intriguing changes.Vicious Lacerations has become much more versatile, with an 1% nerf. Which would make it useful for future power weapons.But Targetted destruction has been buffed with 3%, making up for it and adding 2% more damage.

Targetted Destruction got a 3% buff, so we are still buffed.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

@Raknar.4735 said:Nefarious Momentum / Notoriety seems to be bugged, doesn't grant might when using legendary stance skills.

I just tested it, you gain Might from IO just fine when -in- combat- and phase traversal or riposting shadows gave might even out of combat.

Do you have shared empowerment on by any chance? The other boons are giving you might.

Edit: My bad, didn't see the combat only, the might is working.

These changes are all welcome. Every one of them. This is a step in the right direction.

What I'd liked to have seen:

Shield and axe buffs.

Sword offhand nerfs.

Improvement to the Facet of Nature active in Glint.

Bug fixes to Hardening Persistence and Draconic Echo.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Targetted Destruction got a 3% buff, so we are still buffed.

Effectively lost 10% critical damage in a PvP setting though, it a solo setting it's tough to say which is actually better since you'll have less overall might from the IR nerf.

This is probably a PvE buff tho, since you don't need to generate your own might there... Although it's a tough sell, more power for you, but 150 ferocity for your weaver/deadeye friends goes a long way...

Also this patch effectively removes Ferocious Strikes from the game since 9% overall damage is waaaaay better than 150 ferocity for non-sword sets (Like if you were running the Dev variant of condiren.)

I think the only bug with notoriety is that you gain no Might in any other legend. Works fine in Shiro. You can see it on skill tooltips, no might listed there, except when in shiro.

Would you be able to somewhat make up for the crit damage lost by taking the 7% crit damage sigil now? And still using force for the other?

@narcx.3570 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:finally an incensed response nerf.

The net result is barely a nerf tho... Might giving 40 power instead of 30, means less stacks provide the same result and is less countable by boon-strip since it takes less time to get back. Although we do lose the free 150 ferocity of AP in the process... :frown:

Wait, how do less stacks of might now give the same result as before? 40 power/1 stack of might is 80 power for 2 stacks, while before we had 150 for 5 stacks - that's just a bit over half of what we got before.

@digitalruse.9085 said:

@"otto.5684" said:The changes are overall okay. I dunno why the change to facet of nature was not in PvE as well. This is the primary issue with this skill in PvE.

I thought it was PvE & WvW?

"Facet of Nature: Reduced the energy cost of this skill from 3 to 2 in PvE and WvW."

You are right. I read it in PvP and WvW. I think it is all good!

@idolin.2831 said:

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:finally an incensed response nerf.

The net result is barely a nerf tho... Might giving 40 power instead of 30, means less stacks provide the same result and is less countable by boon-strip since it takes less time to get back. Although we do lose the free 150 ferocity of AP in the process... :frown:

Wait, how do less stacks of might now give the same result as before? 40 power/1 stack of might is 80 power for 2 stacks, while before we had 150 for 5 stacks - that's just a bit over half of what we got before.

The changed trait Notoriety improves power gain from might, going from 30 to 40 power per stack. A net gain of 250 power at 25 stacks.

And as I asked, instead of going with Sigil of Force and Air, would the +7% crit sigil help make up for the ferocity loss from not having Assassins Presence?

Archived