Novelty Tab - Thanks and Missing Tonics (post patch)

Randulf.7614

Thanks for adding the tonics. A few seem to be missing so in case of oversight, thought it might be an idea to make a list

• Endless Exalted Bastion Tonic

• Endless Arid Devourer Tonic

• All the non-endless/stackable ones. This might be deliberate mind you, but just in case (mystery tonic, halloween tonics etc)

Also thank you for adding some of the costume brawl stuff, the enchanted snowball etc

edit: seems some need to be re-bound first to make them into ones to you add to the tab. Thank you to the poster below for pointing that out

The strange thing is you can't add every tonic, even though they are listed. I've added all the endless tonics I had, but for some reason I can't add the following: the Endless Mordrem Thrasher Tonic, Endless Arid Devourer Tonic, Endless Mordrem Teragriff Tonic, Endless Monkey King Tonic and the Endless Exalted Bastion Tonic. Though all of those are in the novelties tab, these haven't been marked as addable to the Novelties. Other endless tonics, when you hover over them with your cursor, say that the novelty is locked until you add them (right click and you get the option). The ones I just listed (and maybe more) don't have this option. The game doesn't see them as novelties and therefore they can't be unlocked as such. But I'm sure ANet will fix this with one of the updates to this patch in the coming days.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:The strange thing is you can't add every tonic, even though they are listed. I've added all the endless tonics I had, but for some reason I can't add the following: the Endless Mordrem Thrasher Tonic, Endless Arid Devourer Tonic, Endless Mordrem Teragriff Tonic, Endless Monkey King Tonic and the Endless Exalted Bastion Tonic. Though all of those are in the novelties tab, these haven't been marked as addable to the Novelties. Other endless tonics, when you hover over them with your cursor, say that the novelty is locked until you add them (right click and you get the option). The ones I just listed (and maybe more) don't have this option. The game doesn't see them as novelties and therefore they can't be unlocked as such. But I'm sure ANet will fix this with one of the updates to this patch in the coming days.

Some of them have to be used once first so they can be bound to the account, and then you can learn them.

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:The strange thing is you can't add every tonic, even though they are listed. I've added all the endless tonics I had, but for some reason I can't add the following: the Endless Mordrem Thrasher Tonic, Endless Arid Devourer Tonic, Endless Mordrem Teragriff Tonic, Endless Monkey King Tonic and the Endless Exalted Bastion Tonic. Though all of those are in the novelties tab, these haven't been marked as addable to the Novelties. Other endless tonics, when you hover over them with your cursor, say that the novelty is locked until you add them (right click and you get the option). The ones I just listed (and maybe more) don't have this option. The game doesn't see them as novelties and therefore they can't be unlocked as such. But I'm sure ANet will fix this with one of the updates to this patch in the coming days.

Are you sure the Monkey one wouldn't add? It did for me

@Ganathar.4956 said:

Some of them have to be used once first so they can be bound to the account, and then you can learn them.

Thanks! That turned out to be the solution. Weird, though, since I've definitely used the Monkey King tonic in the past. Oh well, regardless, it's fixed now.

@Ganathar.4956 said:

Thanks for that. I've struck through the two that were applicable in my OP. Didn't realise that at all, so useful info!

@TheNecrosanct.4028 said:

Thanks! That turned out to be the solution. Weird, though, since I've definitely used the Monkey King tonic in the past. Oh well, regardless, it's fixed now.

Thanks for that. I've struck through the two that were applicable in my OP. Didn't realise that at all, so useful info!

It's a bit of counter-intuitive, but it's a relic of the old system where they had to make you account bind the more rare ones so you couldn't trade them after use. With the novelties addition though, it is unnecessary now and they should go back and change it. Otherwise players will keep getting confused.

Is it weird that this has made me want more tonics? I never used many (except the Quaggan one) because it was annoying to have to carry them around, now there's several I'd like to get. Starting with the Batwing Brew at Halloween.

Also is this one new? The Wiki doesn't have an article for it, but it's called the Infinite Generic WvW Commander Tonic.wMSDBUYh.jpg

@Danikat.8537 said:Is it weird that this has made me want more tonics? I never used many (except the Quaggan one) because it was annoying to have to carry them around, now there's several I'd like to get. Starting with the Batwing Brew at Halloween.Me too. I already had half a bank tab of endless tonics, but I held off on getting more because I didn't want to save space for them. Now it's time to go full completionist.

Danikat, I imagine that is new, like the Tigris Opal (which on preview makes you a ghost tiger). Hopefully the new ones will become available soon -- not that I am a tonics completionist, thanks to inventory space issues, but I wouldn't mind the Tigris one :)

The real bonanza will come if ANet makes slots for the stackable tonics same as they did for consumable finishers. Though I think I may have a number of tonics that can no longer be gotten, and if they are obsolete then I can understand there being no reason to stick them in the Novelties tab.

Tonics and movement... It would be nice if we could jump and glide in tonics form... Like the mystery tonic for instance, you can transform into an eagle or an owl... that would be awesome to be able to glide in these forms. Like the Endless shadow raven tonic we use to be able to do that, but not anymore. Anyways... just a thought. I love tonics! =)

Quick tip - you can search bank / character inventory for "novelty" and everything that can be added shows up.I found two items that were "hidden" and weren't even showing greyed out in the Novelties Tab this way (rare versions of the Ellen Kiel & Evon Gnashblade representation buttons).

If you use the endless terragriff, devourer etc and the monkey king they will all become stashable into the account wardrobe.. did all mine last night.. also the endless elemental tonic needs to be used to generate the four endless potions for stashing.

Archived