Soaring Devastation

Lahmia.2193

As far as I am concerned in roaming, the change last balance patch to where we were able to change out utility skills as long as we were out of combat was that +25% MS for me. It means I could take Retreat with absolutely zero worry of being put in combat while it was on cooldown.

This is just icing on the cake - some great in combat buff too! Makes sense that it's attached to the DH traitline rather than core guard (which many of us would have preferred) but heck, I'll take it.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:As far as I am concerned in roaming, the change last balance patch to where we were able to change out utility skills as long as we were out of combat was that +25% MS for me. It means I could take Retreat with absolutely zero worry of being put in combat while it was on cooldown.

This is just icing on the cake - some great in combat buff too! Makes sense that it's attached to the DH traitline rather than core guard (which many of us would have preferred) but heck, I'll take it.

I'm freaking happy.I use different armor sets for core/dh roaming anyways so it's not too huge of a deal. But this change is!!!

EDIT: I lied. I misread and thought the movement was base on the skill, not the trait.I'll probably try to run it without traps. Full medi DH isn't that great compared to core since you lose either valor/virtues/radiance.

@Doomdesire.9365 said:Doesn't really matter. Piercing light is far too important to give up. They should have put it on a minor.

I would have to disagree about piercing light. It's the better pick in more situations than not, but I've run builds that made use of SD before this patch and they work pretty well and more importantly are fun. SD is excellent in matchups where you need more damage/lockdown to take someone down quickly, but piercing light works much better in matchups where your opponent is running something particularly bursty and you need the sustain (like vs. a soulbeast) which happens to be the case more often than not.

I agree, this should have been on a minor trait but don't scare people into only using Piercing Light because it's not quite the pillar everyone thinks it is.

@"mrauls.6519" said:Why is this not a minor trait? Oh my good God. The trap CD reduce trait is too good. I appreciate the change, but it was put in the wrong place

I think you answered your own question. Trap trait is good and needs competition. What better to compete with it, than the thing many guardians have wanted for years now.

@Doomdesire.9365 said:Doesn't really matter. Piercing light is far too important to give up. They should have put it on a minor.

I think Anet is trying to stir us away from using traps with this change and big time hunter. My guess is that an alternative could be LoW and 2 meditation with the third skill being up for discreation. How successful this will be? If they at least have added the 10% buff to sPvP it could have been something..

The problem I am running into is without traps there is not much you can do to deter bruiser builds. And the 25% me is not enough to kite without an additional mobility skill.

I was also debating if we could use radiance and Valkyrie instead of marauder and virtues. I thin using all the damage multiplayers in DH and radiance you easily hit 7k TS. I am running into retaliation uptime issue though, unless I use save yourselves and hold the line.

@otto.5684 said:

I think Anet is trying to stir us away from using traps with this change and big time hunter. My guess is that an alternative could be LoW and 2 meditation with the third skill being up for discreation. How successful this will be? If they at least have added the 10% buff to sPvP it could have been something..

The problem I am running into is without traps there is not much you can do to deter bruiser builds. And the 25% me is not enough to kite without an additional mobility skill.

I was also debating if we could use radiance and Valkyrie instead of marauder and virtues. I thin using all the damage multiplayers in DH and radiance you easily hit 7k TS. I am running into retaliation uptime issue though, unless I use save yourselves and hold the line.

I mean, meta PvE DH uses radiance, but it lacks survivability tools... We NEED valhor and virtues for any DPS build we run. It's stupid

@"mrauls.6519" said:

I mean, meta PvE DH uses radiance, but it lacks survivability tools... We NEED valhor and virtues for any DPS build we run. It's stupid

Valor is a must. Virtues is not. I play core guardian with zeal/radiance/valor and I tried the build I mentioned today and both work very well. I also ran DH/virtues/valor without traps and had good results.

@otto.5684 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Valor is a must. Virtues is not. I play core guardian with zeal/radiance/valor and I tried the build I mentioned today and both work very well. I also ran DH/virtues/valor without traps and had good results.

We're way too squishy without virtues. Sure you do more damage, but your survivability took a big hit

Archived