Confounding Suggestions Nerf

Sampson.2403

@Sampson.2403 said:

@"Abelisk.4527" said:Yeah but we can trade the boonstrip for 10% extra damage now

Hmm! One speaks of a potential trade off? Explain more plz! (donates a sewer rat to the gods in the mean time)

"Egotism: This is a new Master tier Domination trait that replaces the slot left open by Blurred Inscriptions. It increases outgoing damage by 10% against foes with lower health than the mesmer. This trait is now split between modes and increases damage by 5% in PvP and WvW."

But I think boonstrip is still better. Might be a choice though. But STUNNN!

Stun removal is going to be annoying vs some matchups, locking down and shattering a very slippery thief in particular.

As for Egotism 5% is kind of low to be worth it with the amount of boons flying around.

10% PvP would be competitive, and a reasonable trade off to boonstrip since you no longer get reliable stuns. I hope this is just an early lowball to be buffed.

People will still complain about one shots, but now that there is no quick stun there’s no excuse for failing to doge.

@Stand The Wall.6987 said:

@"Daishi.6027" said:no excuse for failing to doge.one must never fail to doge!

EQ9YhXU.jpg

I don’t get the meme sorry.

But obviously to a reasonable degree, everyone screws up from time to time and all anyone can do is learn from it.

A power shatter with a stun was already a reasonable expectation for someone to avoid... But if someone regularly eats power shatters and struggles against it, that is kind of on them to rise above it, even more so now without a instant stun.

@Sampson.2403 said:The stun power shatter mirage was the only reason that i have been playing this game lately. For that reason alone, Anet should consider reverting this change.

I tried the build and never enjoyed it. Blowing people up with An instant stun (from range) was pretty boring and pretty mind numbing after a while, though we still have rangers and deadeyes.

@Sampson.2403 said:The stun power shatter mirage was the only reason that i have been playing this game lately. For that reason alone, Anet should consider reverting this change.

It’s a shame you lost your most enjoyable playstyle but you can still achieve the damage quickly it’s just harder without a reliable stun.

I personally never liked the idea of Mesmers being tied to that combo, to many become reliant on it, and anyone decent who is aware of your presence can easily avoid it with a decent read even with the stun. Also unlike thief you can’t just delay burst by constantly re-stealthing. So in some ways I think it’ll be fine, but some matchups will be much more annoying.

The thing I don’t get, Condi mirage is much stronger, and harder to mitigate its output... They already nerfed vigor and jaunts, which hurt power too even though it had much more counter play, so then why follow it up with a direct nerf to pretty much every power spec that directly harms a ton of matchups?

You still get the bonus damage from Mental Anguish and Superiority Complex on a dazed target (you can't activate a skill while dazed), right? Daze lasts 50% longer now. So, the burst is still there, and the window to land is even longer than before, but daze is obviously weaker than stun. OOFIES, Now I realize that I don't even know how daze exactly works in GW2. Can someone explain how daze works as far as PvP is concerned?

@"Sampson.2403" said:You still get the bonus damage from Mental Anguish and Superiority Complex on a dazed target (you can't activate a skill while dazed), right? Daze lasts 50% longer now. So, the burst is still there, and the window to land is even longer than before, but daze is obviously weaker than stun. OOFIES, Now I realize that I don't even know how daze exactly works in GW2. Can someone explain how daze works as far as PvP is concerned?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Daze

The main issue is, that your enemy can dodge while being dazed and does not have to use a stun breaker for that. That makes the burst much harder to land. Especially thieves were tough before and with this change become even more difficult to counterpressure.

@"Endorphin.9147" said:The old version was bugged, ever notice the mantra mesmers hitting you mid dodge? its because the trait procced the stun to interrupt dodges on some instances. so the trait got reworked

If the wanted to fix that buggy interaction, they could have replaced stun with simple root. I.e., " ADD 1 second root, when you successfully daze a target (15s cooldown)"Since root+daze is effectively a stun.

(Assuming, that ADDING root won't be possible mid-dodge, ofc.)

P.S.In all the honesty, I don't think, that Mantra-Shatter Mirage was balanced, nor OK build.I play power mirage myself (not shatter).I did try it, found it boring AF and never came back.

@Tiah.3091 said:

@"Endorphin.9147" said:The old version was bugged, ever notice the mantra mesmers hitting you mid dodge? its because the trait procced the stun to interrupt dodges on some instances. so the trait got reworked

If the wanted to fix that buggy interaction, they could have replaced stun with simple root. I.e., "
ADD
1 second root, when you successfully daze a target (15s cooldown)"Since root+daze is effectively a stun.

(Assuming, that
ADDING
root won't be possible mid-dodge, ofc.)

P.S.In all the honesty, I don't think, that Mantra-Shatter Mirage was balanced, nor OK build.I play power mirage myself (not shatter).I did try it, found it boring AF and never came back.

Actually, if by root you mean immobilized, then it would take a condi cleanse AND a stun break to remove the "stun" effect - while with a normal stun you can just stun break out of it.

Archived