MESMER-ELUSIVE MIND NERF- Are you Happy now?

Vieux P.1238

-Elusive Mind: The exhaustion duration of this trait is now split between game modes and has a 6-second duration in PvP and WvW.

Now as title say. So, Can we stop now? It's done. EM been Trash.You happy?Are we done?Or are you going to complain about something else that's OP about the mesmer?

• Replies 143
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:Now we will see the IH OP nerf wishes

Yeah, prepare for lots of IH moaning - eg, "I can't tell who the real mesmer is because all those clones also dodge"... "mirage cloak visual effect is too confusing"... "scepter clones stacking billions of condi", and so on. :p

@"Kako.1930" said:I'm sure the people who were complaining about it are thrilled that they got their own way, but have moved on to complaining about something else. ☺️

Unfortunately it doesn't work this way with mes.Believe me, I have been waiting patiently for about 3 freaking years now for a power mesmer build to be in a meta position.

3 GOD DAMN FUCKING LONG YEARS!

Yet devs continue to attack core mesmer.

Benjamin Franklin"Democracy is two wolves and a sheep voting on what to have for dinner"

Nough said. Gaming companies should NEVER follow the uproar of a biased populace over evidence and statistics,and the fact that they have been performing the former continues to intensify my distaste for the company.Buuuuut, no one even plays PvP any more, right? . . . . . . . Well, at least that is what I hear.

@Curunen.8729 said:

@"Raiden The Beast.3016" said:Now we will see the IH OP nerf wishes

Yeah, prepare for lots of IH moaning - eg, "I can't tell who the real mesmer is because all those clones also dodge"... "mirage cloak visual effect is too confusing"... "scepter clones stacking billions of condi", and so on. :p

Yeah..i got perma condi immunity & passives that procs on it's own & i still lose to scepter clones billion condi stacks. Plz anet nerf it! hahahaha :expressionless:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:No, that part is fine. I think they need the condi cleanse. Stunbreak on dodge is stupidPlethora of aoe CC (with some with a duration >= 2 sec.) is stupid.

Then we should nerf that too. The big aoe CC offender right now is holosmith IMO. Mesmer has tons of ways to fight CC though..

Yes, like we all know that your main DH is well balance & has no need to be nerfed in any way.

Now EM pretty much does more harm, than good.ANY mirage can dodge, while stunned and effectively avoid most of the disadvantages of the stun. And, on the other hand, now EM actually punishes you for doing so, while other 2 traits don't.All hail our Mother Infinite Horizons.

It would be MUCH better, if they simply removed the stunbreak part from the trait (with exhaustion, obviously). And probably gave something else in return - e.g., 2 condi cleanse instead of . Or add a minor heal on dodge, say 500, if 2 condi is too stronk.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:No, that part is fine. I think they need the condi cleanse. Stunbreak on dodge is stupidPlethora of aoe CC (with some with a duration >= 2 sec.) is stupid.

Then we should nerf that too. The big aoe CC offender right now is holosmith IMO. Mesmer has tons of ways to fight CC though..

Yes, like we all know that your main DH is well balance & has no need to be nerfed in any way.

Please enlighten me if DH is not balanced in some way... I can't remember the last time I saw DH being used to the same extent Mesmer has been for PvP. No one has ever used DH competitively... It's just a niche fun to play elite spec, that many people laugh at when they face

The effective cost of breaking stun with this trait is 80 endurance. It costs you almost a full extra dodge now when you consider all the vigor they have. Don't really think it needs more changes.

Besides people weren't angry at elusive mind. Completely misplaced. They were mad at the inherent property of Mirage Cloak allowing you to dodge while stunned.

This is a worrying trend, people should be very sad ,lmao

Elusive Mind has been bad since the first nerf cus as a mesmer being exhausted for 3 sec and not having access to ur stamina abilities is horrible. I've personally never used EM and i won quite decisively all my mesmer 1v1s in random games(after i got mirage that is) and over time every single person ive fought swapped to IH and mirror as opposed to EM + Ineptitude and now this nerf pretty much shows that arena net are super detached from pvp and don't really know whats happening cus EM hasnt been good for a long while and EM hasnt been used in high elo at all

ive seen like 2 mesmers still run EM +Ineptitude and while it still works they lose 1v1s quite decisively

im not affected by this but it just shows that we cant expect to get the changes we need cus EM nerf makes no sense.

"Problem "with mesmer is that its designed to confuse you (detarget, invis, illusions, blinks) and the core of gw2's population are fans from gw1 and by this point gw1 is quite old and so are their fans so the average player in gw2 is older than other mmos which also means they are likely worse (not guaranteed but still) on average so they can't deal with a concept like that and just end up whining but they don't even know what the exact problem is . Other than that mesmer hasn't been the best class in spvp for awhile. in Plat 3/legendary there are 2-3 mesmers currently out of 70 people and even if most of the higher rated ppl just sign in duo they don't sign in duo with a mesmer for the most partportal is overrated as hell, it's just a 75 sec cd blink with longer range, in terms of mobility you're not actually more mobile than a thief still.. you just have that one thing every now and then

and power mesmer has always been good , i dunno whats with the "CONDI MESMER QQ" when condi mesmer is actually "weaker" . The only advantage condi mesmer has over power is that it can fight in closer range (which usually means on points) and that's why some people end up saying power is worse when in reality power is super easy to play in comparison (in terms of doing damage for x buttons) and does huge burst in team fights while also being tankier at the same time (cus u can get protection in mirage instead axe)

most people just dont understand whats happening it seems, being happy about this change is only good if ur like 1.4k elo i guess? I don't see any elusive mind mesmers doing anything in my games

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Please enlighten me if DH is not balanced in some way... I can't remember the last time I saw DH being used to the same extent Mesmer has been for PvP. No one has ever used DH competitively... It's just a niche fun to play elite spec, that many people laugh at when they face

Don't matter. It's just funny to watch you on the fence when we call on your DH main a broken class. See you don't like it huh?

This trait should have never existed (like the mirage cloak mechanics but ... ah no, too many insults incoming). Way too strong + obviously WvW abuses with sigil of energy and food, it allowed "bad players" or afk ones to correct their mistakes or escape people who outplayed them while not equiping BS/defense skills.And now, instead of admit that was a mistake and change the trait, they nerf it, but you STILL gave a BS, like "No it's cool, but you're right, but it's cool" . Make a +25%dmg ambush attack -50% cloak duration, or 2 condi on dodge, not a breakstun.

And stop the "mirage is dead" "QQ I lose 1v1" When you have stealth, blur, distorsion, teleport, shadowstep, evade, mirage cloak, many daze and stun, and ambush attacks near 8K at 1200 range, ...no, don't.

@Kako.1930 said:I'm sure the people who were complaining about it are thrilled that they got their own way, but have moved on to complaining about something else. ☺️

You mean like the OP who a few days ago started a thread complaining about how broken he thinks Holosmith is, which makes this thread an amusing demonstration of hypocrisy.

@Sylosi.6503 said:

@Kako.1930 said:I'm sure the people who were complaining about it are thrilled that they got their own way, but have moved on to complaining about something else.
☺️

You mean like the OP who a few days ago started a thread complaining about how broken he thinks Holosmith is, which makes this thread an musing demonstration of hypocrisy.

And static discharge elixir Holo is fine?

Riiiiiiiigggghht

@jportell.2197 said:

@Kako.1930 said:I'm sure the people who were complaining about it are thrilled that they got their own way, but have moved on to complaining about something else.
☺️

You mean like the OP who a few days ago started a thread complaining about how broken he thinks Holosmith is, which makes this thread an musing demonstration of hypocrisy.

And static discharge elixir Holo is fine?

Riiiiiiiigggghht

Whether it is fine or not is irrelevant to what I wrote.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:

Don't matter. It's just funny to watch you on the fence when we call on your DH main a broken class. See you don't like it huh?

You can call it broken but can't justify it. I can justify why Mesmer was broken. EM was over the top in its original form

Archived