Soaring Devastation - Almost There

mrauls.6519

I can tell anet is trying to fix DH - so thank you. But it's still not there - it's almost there though.

Soaring Devastation needs to do one of the following at least:

• Further reduces the CD of F2
  • Make it so that the 25% movement speed buff persists even if F2 is on CD
  • Make it so that F2 cleanses the first condition you receive every 5 seconds
  • Make it an evade frame (evade should be innate tbh)
  • Make it a minor trait (merge it with Virtuous Action - probably the best idea)

It's competing with a very good trait (Piercing Light). I'm going to test it once I get home, but I doubt I will use it over Piercing Light... trap CD's are too high.

For those interested in how I will test it:

I plan on using Rune of the Pack over Lynx Rune. Pack will give us access to swiftness, so when F2 is down, we will still have mobility. The issue is that swiftness can be corrupted by Necros. If that match-up becomes too hard to handle, I will just go back to Lynx. The uptime on swiftness & fury sounds nice though. I will do several unranked games to test.

@"mrauls.6519" said:For those interested in how I will test it:

I plan on using Rune of the Pack over Lynx Rune. Pack will give us access to swiftness, so when F2 is down, we will still have mobility. The issue is that swiftness can be corrupted by Necros. If that match-up becomes too hard to handle, I will just go back to Lynx. The uptime on swiftness & fury sounds nice though. I will do several unranked games to test.

I was thinking of trying rune of dragonhunter with 0-1 traps. Just for the deeps.

@crazyhusky.2985 said:What it WoR really needs is a evade for 1 sec, not as a trait, but always on the skill.

I think this might make guard too overpowered if an important heal/condi clear clear was no longer interruptible.

A better idea imo would be just a 1/2s evade so that WoR functions like Daredevil staff 5 skill; a healthy amount of evade, but the landing/end benefits of the skill can be cancelled with a well-timed CC.

@Arcaedus.7290 said:

@crazyhusky.2985 said:What it WoR really needs is a evade for 1 sec, not as a trait, but always on the skill.

I think this might make guard too overpowered if an important heal/condi clear clear was no longer interruptible.

A better idea imo would be just a 1/2s evade so that WoR functions like Daredevil staff 5 skill; a healthy amount of evade, but the landing/end benefits of the skill can be cancelled with a well-timed CC.

No not really OP, 1/2 or 3/4 evade on it would be nice, prefably 3/4 secs. so that you avoid stuff, because you are jumping upward to dodge attacks yet it has no dodge.DareDevil has healing and condi removal on it's dodges, It can do them more often then a Dragonhunter can do WoR. If it dodges 3 moves then it has cleared more condi than DH's WoR. Secondly if they are running a dodge build then they're getting Vigor and probaley have signet of agility to get more dodges and healing.

I think its great, its the only speed Guardian has ever received, even if its locked behind an elite..it hurts a few builds that depend on taking other traits from that slot, but this is something the class has been suffering horribly from for many years.

The problem is more that the Dragonhunter F# skills are..not fantastic, and all need serious buffs. But this is more of an issue of the older elites having very little utility in this area, compared to the new ones like Firebrand. As fun as it is to walk around with the different weapons, utility skills and trait lines from those elites, you can tell that their actual profession mechanics are outdated.

• 2 weeks later...

I tried myself, and to me dosent work...trading Piercing light for Soaring Devastation is a huge loss on damage, not worth at all...not only that, but we even lose the movement speed when we use the skill...which other profession on the game loses its 25%? Compare it with the Warrior trait and tell me this is even fair lol they need to give 25% speed on a minor trait or a major master or grandmaster trait...while we at it, make longbow 3 knockback by default...having to trait it just to get a CC is just bad, considering all other range weapons have some form or CC or mobility to kite and DH longbow have none(dont say 5 skill).

@Felipe.1807 said:I tried myself, and to me dosent work...trading Piercing light for Soaring Devastation is a huge loss on damage, not worth at all...not only that, but we even lose the movement speed when we use the skill...which other profession on the game loses its 25%? Compare it with the Warrior trait and tell me this is even fair lol they need to give 25% speed on a minor trait or a major master or grandmaster trait...while we at it, make longbow 3 knockback by default...having to trait it just to get a CC is just bad, considering all other range weapons have some form or CC or mobility to kite and DH longbow have none(dont say 5 skill).

this, especially longbow 3 knockback on default. Anet pls

• 4 weeks later...

@"mrauls.6519" said:I can tell anet is trying to fix DH - so thank you. But it's still not there - it's almost there though.

Soaring Devastation needs to do one of the following at least:

• Further reduces the CD of F2Bad, already too low for what it does.
  • Make it so that the 25% movement speed buff persists even if F2 is on CDGood, it would let us use other runes.
  • Make it so that F2 cleanses the first condition you receive every 5 secondsPassive shit like this is bad for the game, condi is already pretty bad atm.
  • Make it an evade frame (evade should be innate tbh)No, enemies need a way to deal with WoR.
  • Make it a minor trait (merge it with Virtuous Action - probably the best idea)It's too good to be a minor trait, and it would make trapper DH OP as heck.It's competing with a very good trait (Piercing Light). I'm going to test it once I get home, but I doubt I will use it over Piercing Light... trap CD's are too high.It's good this way. Having to choose betwen nice traits is better for the game than having one trait doing too much.

The permanent 25% speed would be enough for the trait to be good, we don't need to overpower the shit out of the spec to make it good.

Archived