How many want a rework on Burst of Agility trait!?

Lociaz.4027

As you reworked the Thrill of the Crime:The might applied by this trait has been increased from 1 stack for 10 seconds to 3 stacks for 10 seconds.

You should also rework the Burst of Agility.Lower the cool down and take away the breakstun. Because we don't get the breakstun, we need to hit from behind to trigger the trait. So.... seems pointless to have so high cooldown.Rename it because it's not gonna be using the haste skill.Hope you got the point...

Yes, BUT :-Cooldown: 40 seconds

-"Use Lesser Haste when attacking a foe from behind or from the side WIELDING melee weapons (dagger, sword, staff)" : if you want to activate this trait playing Deadeye rifle you have to hit with melee and then swap weapon (too easy fire from 1200 distance with 6 seconds quickness).-You'll never use this trait as breakstun, so have it or not is indifferent.. no sense change all trait mechanics.. we only need a 30-40 seconds cooldown

The loss of stun break has to be replaced by something, albeit one does not exist now , or the skill simply does not compare to others in that location. This means either a much lower cooldown which would result in it being too easy to chain up quickness, or some other benefit. It should not be replaced with something new entirely, a quickness type skill suited.

The primary reason PvP a mess is builds are limited in what they can do by the amulet system and the people there are fixated on each profession playing a specific role wherein they do not play outside that role.Second to this are very fixed maps along with limted ways of playing the particular mode. It is also Toxic and unforgiving of newer players which helps to turn them away in droves. While there well might be too many passives, this is not why PVP a mess.

Back to the stunbreak. My thought was if the stunbreak triggers at an inopportune time, the player would be unable to take advantage of the skill in full as a low uptime on quickness , fury and swiftness would come when the player not ready to take advantage of it. In theory this would act as a check on the skill as while a person could "turn it on" with that flank/rear attack that kickin happening due to a stun when they not ready to enter into an attack would make it an either or type skill, sort of inline with how the old last shadow refuge worked. Most passives that trigger after an event have no downsides.

I would use Pain Response as an example of a passive that works well. It triggers passively when one hits a health threshold. The threshold being at 75 percent health however means it might trigger when there only a minimal amount of Conditions on you and you can not have access when loaded with conditions. So sometimes all you get is a regen.

• 3 weeks later...

If it were me I'd remove the breakstun as it's actually pointless and just a hold over from when they copied the skill over, halve the duration of the boons and also half the cooldown to 30s. That would give the same quickness duration over time as the current iteration but it would be waaaaay more useful in a fight that lasts longer than 6 seconds.

@dDuff.3860 said:

@DragonSlayer.1087 said:Rework:

Burst of Agility: You gain 4 seconds of Quickness when you use steal while wielding a main-hand melee weapon. ICD is removed.I just imagine 8sec quickness on deadeye with Bqobk, trickery and acro with recharge on sword. 100% quickness uptime is unhealthy.

At present, with acro and dura runes bqobk gives 5.5s quickness on a 21.75s cd (17s with SoH) so that's 15s every minute roughly. Add lesser haste for another 8s per minute, rage sigil for 6s per minute and assuming swindler's equilibrium straight up halves the cooldown on steal to 10s, and you have 2(15)+8+6= 44 seconds of quickness per minute, and that's not accounting for mercy potentially giving another 10-11 seconds on top of that. It's already possible to get 75-95% quickness uptime and has been for some time. My first deadeye build after release was a quickness boon tank S/D build and it used to be stronger back then as I'd get the boons from M7 on the old minor trait too, so more protection etc. You just don't see boon deadeye as much since people gravitate to the meme perma stealth build as it's easier to play.

PS; that's also not accounting for having a concentration sigil on rifle, which I do. 69% boon duration when stacking might and quickness is rather nice.

• 11 months later...

I still play Mass Trickery(Trickery Heal,3 Trickery Utilities + Trickery elite) in WvW, its rather fun and enjoyable, but I have never have seen this trait to break any of the stuns expecially when being behind the target because you cannot hit while stunned! The only chance this trait to trigger in my opinion is if you receive somekind of aoe stun while you are currently performing the hit, and both, the stun and the hit to impact almost at the same time (im not even sure can the hit clip slightly after the stun impact?). Rather stupid option than smart one. It would be alot better if it provides stun immunity for a time, lol. By this way, it will also keep fitting the name of the trait. Also, why the executioner doesnt count for condition damage Booster ? Where in the description of this Trait it is described as physical only type of damage boost (which, btw, kinda suggests that it boost all types, because of the absence of appointing what type of damage it boosts!) ? Looks lame from that prospective.

@Lociaz.4027 said:

@Leo Schrodingers Cat.2497 said:What stun break? All it is, is you hit someone from the side for quickness.

You don't get any stunbreak. Basically, you need to hit to get it. And if you're stunned you can't hit or attack. It should trigger by it self but it does not...

Does it stun break if you have applied condi on enemy before getting stunned?

One year later, I think they should just combine Instant Reflex and Burst of Agility and make the following;

Instant Agility (Acrobatics) - Increase your reflexes with a burst of agility by gaining evasion and haste while below the health threshold.

• 60s ICD
  • 2s Evade
  • Lesser Haste
  • Health Threshold: 50%
  • Breaks Stun

This will free-up a slot in Trickery for something more useful and at the same time will make the Acrobatic trait very useful as an offensive trait.

@Sir Vincent III.1286 said:One year later, I think they should just combine Instant Reflex and Burst of Agility and make the following;

Instant Agility (Acrobatics) - Increase your reflexes with a burst of agility by gaining evasion and haste while below the health threshold.

• 60s ICD
  • 2s Evade
  • Lesser Haste
  • Health Threshold: 50%
  • Breaks Stun

This will free-up a slot in Trickery for something more useful and at the same time will make the Acrobatic trait very useful as an offensive trait.

No thanks.Instant Reflex is a defensive trait, stop mix defensive and offensive traits to create OP traits.Burst of Agility need only a lower cooldown.