Hairstyles/ Character customization > ANYTHING ELSE

Chasind.3128

It would certainly add some fresh new looks to the already stale ones. There are NPCS with fully rendered nice looking hairstyles that players don't own. They would rather make new hairstyles for npcs rather than add any to makeover kits to increase sales. But oh wait- a new color of a slightly different already existing color. Real effort there. I know they're focused on making in-game content, but throw a bone in the cosmetic corner (that isn't new colors) once in a while wouldn't be a bad thing. Long hair for humans- honestly clipping would be an issue but they already allow it on Charr/Asura models so who cares about clipping. More Nordic hairstyles for Norn, flowery long hairstyles for Sylvari- more buns and braids for Asura - scruffy/ braided in feathers for manes for Charr.

@"SnowHawk.3615" said:It would certainly add some fresh new looks to the already stale ones. There are NPCS with fully rendered nice looking hairstyles that players don't own. They would rather make new hairstyles for npcs rather than add any to makeover kits to increase sales. But oh wait- a new color of a slightly different already existing color. Real effort there. I know they're focused on making in-game content, but throw a bone in the cosmetic corner (that isn't new colors) once in a while wouldn't be a bad thing. Long hair for humans- honestly clipping would be an issue but they already allow it on Charr/Asura models so who cares about clipping. More Nordic hairstyles for Norn, flowery long hairstyles for Sylvari- more buns and braids for Asura - scruffy/ braided in feathers for manes for Charr.

Not true at all. The NPCs get them first to make sure everyone gets whipped out into a frenzy when a new batch of options are added to the makeover kits. They're also very care to make sure what would be the most popular options to be the last included, just to ensure they don't overshadow the "lesser" options until they're at the edge of relevance. Half the female asuran population wants Taimi's face (or variations of it), and that realistically could hold that spot for at least a couple years. This is on top of being starved of options in general.

This isn't limited to faces either. The Mesmer concept outfit (Aka Saucy Mesmer Dress) has been on the wishlist for cosmetics since the game's launch. And that demand increased when outfits were announced, since it seemed like the logical choice for an outfit. However, its also pretty clear that it would be incredibly hard to replace with a newer outfit; and Mesmer players are notorious for the amount of Fashion wars they participate in. I say right off the bat, I'd pretty much never want to change out of that outfit if I could get it. And if I wanted to a change, I'd more likely look at armor, since very few outfits directly play into the Mesmer's core aesthetic. Trying to design something to at least match that in the eyes of greater population is gonna be tough..... and isn't likely to draw in people who dressup other classes more.

Archived