Novelty Hotkeys and Chairs

Let's say I bind Shift+1-5 to the novelties. In fact, we don't have to just say it, that's what I did. :)

Now, if I hit Shift+2, it pulls out the torch, because that's what I assigned. If I hit Shift+2 again, it goes away. Same goes for the tonics on Shift+5. Transform; transform back.

Shift+1, however, and chairs, doesn't work like that. Once you are on a chair, if you hit Shift+1 (or whatever you bound to that), you are stuck on the chair still. The only way to get off a chair - short of an NPC knocking you off or, I suppose, some other environmental condition, like a tornado ( :astonished: ), is to:

1. Use the equip/unequip novelty, if you have it bound, and the chair you are sitting on is the thing that has 'focus' (if you will)
  2. Use the dismount key bind

I think Shift+1 should work to put your chair away and get off it, just like every other novelty adheres to it's category keybind.

@notebene.3190 said:Let's say I bind Shift+1-5 to the novelties. In fact, we don't have to just say it, that's what I did. :)

Now, if I hit Shift+2, it pulls out the torch, because that's what I assigned. If I hit Shift+2 again, it goes away. Same goes for the tonics on Shift+5. Transform; transform back.

Shift+1, however, and chairs, doesn't work like that. Once you are on a chair, if you hit Shift+1 (or whatever you bound to that), you are stuck on the chair still. The only way to get off a chair - short of an NPC knocking you off or, I suppose, some other environmental condition, like a tornado ( :astonished: ), is to:

1. Use the equip/unequip novelty, if you have it bound, and the chair you are sitting on is the thing that has 'focus' (if you will)
  2. Use the dismount key bind

I think Shift+1 should work to put your chair away and get off it, just like every other novelty adheres to it's category keybind.

I would agree, because all the other mounts (chairs are immobile mounts) work like that.

Archived