Power Scourge

Phantom.2976

How good is a power scourge in pve( open world/story, dungeons and T3 fractals). I currently play a power reaper.I don't care if power scourge is meta or not because I mostly play with friends. Just wanna know how good/bad is it compared to power reaper and condi scourge.

Thanks

Power Scourge With Death/Blood/Scourge and some healing power makes the best minion master easily in my opinion. One of my friends has been running it and it does respectable damage (enough to solo a champion bounty) while being extremely good at surviving and offers moderate healing and great condi clear in a team. Definitely not meta but has been great for open world, story, dungeons and lower level fractals for sure. Someone else will have to comment on without minions though.

If running Blood Scourge healing power does really help for boosting transfusion and the f1 and f3 barrier. I have my friend running Cleric Armor, Berserker Weapons and half magi/half celestial jewlrey because it was really cheap to get and gives 1k healing power and ~ 2k power 40% crit rate 185% crit damage and some extra health and armor to survive alot easier as he's not great at the game. If you don't need the survivability I would probably go for something like a berserk/zealot mix to get around ~650 healing power and some crit damage though zealots can be a little hard to get. A sigil of transferance for 10% outgoing healing can be a big help for boosting the healing and barrier.EDIT: For clarification below is correct if you only want rezing from transfusion and don't mind smaller barriers. Healing Power only really effects the f1 and f3 barriers and the healing component of transfusion in a strong enough way to be worth while.

@Phantom.2976 said:What kind of gear would be recommended on a power scourge?Do I need some healing power if I plan to run Spite/Blood/Scourge for rez and some barriers(what would be a good amount if required.Since I dont know how well they scale)?

Fór answering your question And not tak around. If you want blood ONLY for rez you dont need heal power(same As for well reaper.) You can go full berserker. But barriers Will be smaller

Something like that looks pretty good yea, I persoanlly find dagger gives enough lifeforce generation that I take Abrasive Grit for the Extra might and condiclear but thats a small thing. Something that might be nice is to use some marauder if you have access to HOT stats as marauder is better than a mix of valkyrie and berserker unless your overcapping crit chance.

The tips I would probably give is with how you prioritise your life force usage. the f5 skill sand shroud gives you a large barrier while also doing alot more damage than any other function skill so when you just want to kill things its by far the best choice. The f3 i'd consider almost strictly better than the f2 since the condi convert I find to be not as good as getting both barrier and condi clear if traiting for condition clear on barrier. The f4 skill is good to use if you need the healing but can be good to save for ressing or breakbar (fear is decent breakbar damage).Basically the function skills are really good and you do get alot of lifeforce from either/both dagger and mobs but when your not getting as much such as with axe try to prioritise what you need of healing/barrier/damage/rezing.

@"Hesacon.8735" said:

WvW Stomp Them:

Is that for roaming or zerging?

I have my necro as a mule toon because once I unlocked Reaper and Scourge, I discovered I didn't really enjoy either spec in PvE. For WvW could a power scourge be successful in full zerk + scholar runes? I can get defensive trinkets and such.

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:

@"Hesacon.8735" said:

WvW Stomp Them:

Is that for roaming or zerging?

I have my necro as a mule toon because once I unlocked Reaper and Scourge, I discovered I didn't really enjoy either spec in PvE. For WvW could a power scourge be successful in full zerk + scholar runes? I can get defensive trinkets and such.

As I linked it, roaming; but I do both with it, usually by changing utilities. I have legendary armor and sometimes go celestial for zergs.

Power scourge is meta for zergs, but not so much roaming. I roam on it, but I understand the limitations. It's also solid in small group play, especially if supported by a firebrand.

I run my power scourge in Crusader's armor with Scrapper runes, Valkyrie weapons (d/f and staff), and a mix of Soldier's, Valkyrie, and Zerker trinkets. Soul Reaping, Blood (wells), and Scourge trait lines. I use the scourge heal and elite, wells of suffering and corruption and the spectral wall (really great for disrupting zerg pushes in wvw). I use this in all modes of the game and it is very stout and does great damage.

Archived