Path of Fire Openworld Events Unrewarding or no? — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Path of Fire Openworld Events Unrewarding or no?

I've been noticing that, no matter how much effort you put into them, they give you awful rewards from items to currency. I thought that the more difficult the area is, the more rewarding it is, but it's the exact opposite. Is there something I'm missing or what exactly is going on?

"Choose your friends wisely, and also choose friends that you can trust." - Elyn Saks

Best Answer

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 3, 2018 Accepted Answer

@ZarexWolf.5637 said:

@Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    I think the consensus is 'two blues and a green'. ;)

You can use the Wiki to approximate what events reward Gold/Karma/XP-wise. The loot may depend on how much Magic Find you have, and whether it is a Meta event, or just some mobs. Certain events are considered farms and are found rewarding. You can learn about most of them just be reading the forums.

Welcome to Tyria, and good luck.

Well, it doesn't make sense for a level 80 event, like the stampede of Choyas, to give 88 copper. Shouldn't it give more or is there a good reason why it's so low?

Why should it give more?

https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Template:Event_rewards/All_levels

Answers

• Linken.6345Linken.6345 Member ✭✭✭✭

Well pof is easier then hot so should reward less.

• @Linken.6345 said:
    Well pof is easier then hot so should reward less.

Really? I find PoF is harder, but should you really get rewarded so little like you're not in a level 80 area?

"Choose your friends wisely, and also choose friends that you can trust." - Elyn Saks

• Ayrilana.1396Ayrilana.1396 Member ✭✭✭✭

You get rewarded as much as level 80 core maps.

• ZarexWolf.5637ZarexWolf.5637 Member ✭✭
    edited October 3, 2018

@Ayrilana.1396 said:
    You get rewarded as much as level 80 core maps.

Well, what is the approximate range for currency and items?

• I think the consensus is 'two blues and a green'. ;)

You can use the Wiki to approximate what events reward Gold/Karma/XP-wise. The loot may depend on how much Magic Find you have, and whether it is a Meta event, or just some mobs. Certain events are considered farms and are found rewarding. You can learn about most of them just be reading the forums.

• @Inculpatus cedo.9234 said:
    I think the consensus is 'two blues and a green'. ;)

Well, it doesn't make sense for a level 80 event, like the stampede of Choyas, to give 88 copper. Shouldn't it give more or is there a good reason why it's so low?

• ZarexWolf.5637ZarexWolf.5637 Member ✭✭
    edited October 3, 2018

Guess it just felt like the more difficult an area is, the more rewards it should give. Didn't think it went by level.

• phs.6089phs.6089 Member ✭✭✭✭

Run Istan, It covers all the things in PoF in therms of reward.

"There is always a lighthouse, there's always a man, there's always a city."

• @phs.6089 said:
    Run Istan, It covers all the things in PoF in therms of reward.

I will, if I get more gems soon.

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.