Just tried new changes... nothing changed

mrauls.6519

I will be honest - it was a good attempt anet. 25% movement speed needs to be a minor trait like Chronomancer's. Attach it to Virtuous Action. Longbow 3 needs to be able to knock back without a major trait. It's too important. That would allow PvP DH to take Big Game Hunter. That damage boost would be insanely good for PvP DH. Please. Make it happen

I took the good ol DH build for a spin roaming since trueshot was buffed in wvw. Hitting consistent 5-6k crits (sometimes more with aegis on) on a 4s cd was amazing, and Soaring Devastation really helps in a roaming scenario. Definitely approve of these changes.

I'll agree with you though that least in pvp, nothing has really changed. The change to Big Game Hunter might shift me over to trying that GM if I there isn't considerable condi pressure on the enemy team since +20% damage is nothing to laugh at.

All they need to do is make Deflecting Shot knockback baseline and DH will be in a decent spot. True shot buffs would be nice but if LB#3 knockback is baseline then the recent Big Game Hunter buffs will provide ample damage. This latest patch introduced alternative DH builds, but DH as a whole is bad and that hasn't changed. Even though the new stuff looks cool, you're sacrificing things that are too important in order to choose those new things. The end result is we have more options to play DH, but all options still perform poorly and if the goal was to make DH more competitive then the patch did not accomplish that.

@"mrauls.6519" said:I will be honest - it was a good attempt anet. 25% movement speed needs to be a minor trait like Chronomancer's. Attach it to Virtuous Action. Longbow 3 needs to be able to knock back without a major trait. It's too important. That would allow PvP DH to take Big Game Hunter. That damage boost would be insanely good for PvP DH. Please. Make it happen

agreed the knock back from bow should be not in the traits it should be the bow who does that regardless. This also could free up trait space for something more interesting

@Balsa.3951 said:

@"mrauls.6519" said:I will be honest - it was a good attempt anet. 25% movement speed needs to be a minor trait like Chronomancer's. Attach it to Virtuous Action. Longbow 3 needs to be able to knock back without a major trait. It's too important. That would allow PvP DH to take Big Game Hunter. That damage boost would be insanely good for PvP DH. Please. Make it happen

agreed the knock back from bow should be not in the traits it should be the bow who does that regardless. This also could free up trait space for something more interesting

It's not on the bow because it adds a stabo stack to all control effects... If I remember my DH traits correctly

Archived