Can we put WvW rank as a display option on nameplate?

Gav.1425

This has been suggested many times in the past but the same complaint always arises, "too much clutter."

If there was an option to hide or display that rank, I can't see how there could be any problems. And to further reduce the clutter, perhaps the full rank wouldn't be displayed and would instead appear as "[insert rank tier specific badge here] 2.3k"

Either way, I'd be in support of this. Rank may have little value in the grand scheme of things but I know many players, myself included, that are proud of their rank and want to show it off.

No thanks. I don't need to know the 'rank' of someone on my side, nor do i feel any need to display one. Not to mention the last thing we need is yet more clutter on my screen in wvw!

There are several thousand more important QoL changes that need to be made before this even makes it onto the bottom of the list.

While I wouldn't mind seeing other allied players wvw rank and if it's implemented, I have no problem with it, the one I would love to be able to see how much supply my character has on them when not in wvw. Fractal uses can see their AR outside of fractals but WvW has to go to WvW to see how much supply they have on them. Since AR makes no difference outside of fractals, WvW should have this same benefit. This would be really nice before reset or when you just want to make sure while in PvE before you log for the night.

@LetoII.3782 said:Is this about other people seeing which rank you are?Because, you know... You don't have to use simple name plates if you want extra junk over everyone else's head

The main reason for it is to know the rank everyone else around you on your team.

I'd have different expectations from people who are WvW rank 50 and rank 5000.

@wanya.1697 said:if you want to know other players wvw rankall you need to do is party upyou can see it that wayin squad you can see it for your subgroup when you switch view to party mode instead of grid

^On the other hand... if you were able to see the rank of your enemies, wouldn't you turn upon the weakest one? I don't play much WvW, and honestly I don't care about my/others rank, but, wouldn't this cause more grieving for the more casual players that are still trying to catch up with the others?

You can already see the approximate rank of your enemies with the rank titles (assuming you don't use simple nameplates). [server] Bronze Assaulter, for example, tells you the enemy is around rank 200. And yes, in fight people will sometimes focus low rank people expecting a free bag.

@Urud.4925 said:

@wanya.1697 said:if you want to know other players wvw rankall you need to do is party upyou can see it that wayin squad you can see it for your subgroup when you switch view to party mode instead of grid

^On the other hand... if you were able to see the rank of your enemies, wouldn't you turn upon the weakest one? I don't play much WvW, and honestly I don't care about my/others rank, but, wouldn't this cause more grieving for the more casual players that are still trying to catch up with the others?

What do you mean? We can see the ranks of the enemies. It's only friendlies ranks that are hidden unless we party.

Just a form of elitism imo so I don't even think its a QoL thing. Something to make ppls epeen just a bit bigger. As stated already many times, there's wayyyyyy more important things to look into than this.

But whatever people need to make them feel superior, to each their own. MANY of those with really high ranks only k trained EotM to get the rank, so having a high rank really loses value due to these people (same that use bots or win trading to get ranks in PvP and get on leaderboard....the leaderboard loses value)

This is all just imo ofc

Archived