New to guardian looking for some advice to do LS parts.

SunTzu.4513

Greetings fellow adventurers,

a few weeks after a longer break and just loggin in one or two days a week to get the chest i was looking around and trying all kind of other classes in search for a new main. Somehow my Charrdian klicks to me and i started to play her as new main. I build the standart berserker/viper gear and started to play from core tyria on. Until HoT everything was a cakewalk but i expectet the new spike of difficulty. In the open world the most time i kill erverything so fast that it isn't any threat to me. But i have a lot of problems with story parts beginning with the hot story. POF night of fires was also an nightmare. If i can't burst down all the trash or engage an longer encounter i'm pretty fast running out of dodges and aegis. Before i started playing guardian i played chrono as main. Also full berserker but i walked trough the story and it's bosses like they were nothing.

I'm using the full zerker DH DPS raidbuild from SC. Just swapping out utility skills if needed. So i know a big part of my issue it's some kind of L2P and timing but maybe i can get some more surviveability if i change some traits or drop DH for a more sturdier Corebuild? I don't want to change my gear so maybe you can give me some advices.

Ty all.

• For condition cleanse just run Smite Condition (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Smite_Condition).
  • Remember that your symbols (GS 4) create a light combo field. If you activate GS 2 or 5 while standing on it (both whirl finisher), you create cleansing bolts which remove 1 condition. If you use GS 3 while standing in the field (a leap finisher) you get a Light Aura which gives you retaliation and -10% condition damage
  • If you haven't already filled out your accessory slots with ascended trinkets, get the LS S3 trinkets and opt for Berserker + Valkyrie stat combo; you give up a bit of precision for some vitality, which helps boost your health pool.
  • If you can do without Dragon's Maw (DH elite skill) you can run Signet of Courage (https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Signet_of_Courage) which gives a steady stream of healing while in combat.
  • Food is a great way to boost your performance either with extra stats, damage reduction or health over time.

Most non-veteran mobs shouldn't survive a GS 5 + GS 4 + GS 2 combo. In full zerk gear that should melt pretty much everything.

That said, I remember recently doing the 1st mission in LS S4 Chapter 1 on my Daredevil to get her access to Istan, and that fight (the one with the crystals) was so much easier on my staff DD than it was when I did it on my guard.

It seems to me you are using a build that isn't designed for open world solo pve.

You can change your build into something that has more survivablity. Go for Valor traitline or go for marauder gear.

Thing with any radiance guardian is that in solo pve content your fights are spread out in a way that makes your retaliation uptime a bit hard to keep for every single battle. (Thats why i wouldn't recommend valkyrie set)

@Kavian.6729 said:

@Turkeyspit.3965 said:get the LS S3 trinkets

I keep seeing this, are there specific ones that are easier than the others? I find i hard as a new player to keep track of all the currencies.

Focus on Bitterfrost Frontier. The berry bushes reset every 20 hours per character. Which means you can farm the bushes on multiple characters each day, which gets you about 35-40 berries per run that takes about 20 mins. First daily run is slightly more profitable because you also get 3/4 of the daily achievements easily. Double that time if you do the Hearts as well. You will need 900 berries + 11k Unbound Magic for a Ring, a Trinket and a Backpack.I'd go Draconis Mons for the 2nd Ring, Siren's Landing for Amulet, Ember Bay for the 2nd Trinket.I don't recommend Bloodstone Fen or Lake Doric as the drop rates for the spent currencies are terrible.

Archived