Question about race related mastery points

Vashan.3098

Hello, I am sorry if this has been said already, Iam quite new to the game and I have a simple question.Do I need to play more then one character to get all mastery points/ achievements?

I ask because I creatred 4 characters, and I dont really like Asura, if possible I would really love to avoid playing Asura, but I am scared, what if I miss something that I might need on other chars, for example not enough mastery point to master all core tyria stuff?

Will be really happy if someone could let me know :)

Thank you,Vaclesmer

Hello,

I have all 8 classes maxed and they are all humans, I have been able to max out core Tyria mastery on my account , and I am close to maxing out PoF and I know if I was to actually work on it i can max out HoT... Pretty sure there isn't anything gated by not playing other races.

There are not really any mastery points tied to a specific race aside from the one you can get by unlocking 90 pieces of cultural armor which would require having 1 of every race to acquire. But that is only one point and there are plenty more you can earn to max out core masteries. Other than that there are not any I can think of tied to a specific race. However, one thing that sometimes confuses players is the mastery points for completing core personal story. They are limited to one time per story arc no matter the race you play. So for example if you did the full core personal story on say a Human you will not get mastery points again for doing the personal story on a Norn.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:There are not really any mastery points tied to a specific race aside from the one you can get by unlocking 90 pieces of cultural armor which would require having 1 of every race to acquire. But that is only one point and there are plenty more you can earn to max out core masteries. Other than that there are not any I can think of tied to a specific race. However, one thing that sometimes confuses players is the mastery points for completing core personal story. They are limited to one time per story arc no matter the race you play. So for example if you did the full core personal story on say a Human you will not get mastery points again for doing the personal story on a Norn.

thank you guys for a reply, yep the personal story rewards confused me too :)

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:There are not really any mastery points tied to a specific race aside from the one you can get by unlocking 90 pieces of cultural armor which would require having 1 of every race to acquire. But that is only one point and there are plenty more you can earn to max out core masteries. Other than that there are not any I can think of tied to a specific race. However, one thing that sometimes confuses players is the mastery points for completing core personal story. They are limited to one time per story arc no matter the race you play. So for example if you did the full core personal story on say a Human you will not get mastery points again for doing the personal story on a Norn.

You can bypass the cultural armor restriction via WvW. The skritt vendor doesn't care about your race and will sell you the armor for other races. :P

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:There are not really any mastery points tied to a specific race aside from the one you can get by unlocking 90 pieces of cultural armor which would require having 1 of every race to acquire. But that is only one point and there are plenty more you can earn to max out core masteries. Other than that there are not any I can think of tied to a specific race.

The "Heart of Thorns Act I Mastery" meta-achievement gives a HoT (green) mastery point, and requires you to complete the Sylvari-only "Sylvari Solidarity" achievement. I don't know off-hand of any others that are race-specific, nor class-specific.

@Khisanth.2948 said:You can bypass the cultural armor restriction via WvW. The skritt vendor doesn't care about your race and will sell you the armor for other races. :P

Thanks, I didn't know that. I don't do much in WvW so good to know. :D

@"Steve The Cynic.3217" said:The "Heart of Thorns Act I Mastery" meta-achievement gives a HoT (green) mastery point, and requires you to complete the Sylvari-only "Sylvari Solidarity" achievement. I don't know off-hand of any others that are race-specific, nor class-specific.

Didn't know about that one either. Also good to know. :D

@Steve The Cynic.3217 said:

@"JustTrogdor.7892" said:There are not really any mastery points tied to a specific race aside from the one you can get by unlocking 90 pieces of cultural armor which would require having 1 of every race to acquire. But that is only one point and there are plenty more you can earn to max out core masteries. Other than that there are not any I can think of tied to a specific race.

The "Heart of Thorns Act I Mastery" meta-achievement gives a HoT (green) mastery point, and requires you to complete the Sylvari-only "Sylvari Solidarity" achievement. I don't know off-hand of any others that are race-specific, nor class-specific.

You don't have to have a Sylvari tho..I'm pretty sure it can be gotten if you party up and the instance opener is Sylvari?

@Taygus.4571 said:

You don't have to have a Sylvari tho..I'm pretty sure it can be gotten if you party up and the instance opener is Sylvari?

Quite possibly. I don't know because I have characters of all races, so I just ran it on my Sylvari ranger who was ready to start HoT and did it.

@Taygus.4571 said:

Yes

Yuo don't need to do that race armor collection, It will cost you about 600 gold /300-400 from wvw. There is enough Tyrian mastrey points to unlock them all, without it.

The achievement of playing sylvary is in meta achievement table but you don't need that particular one to get mastery unlocked.

@phs.6089 said:Yuo don't need to do that race armor collection, It will cost you about 600 gold /300-400 from wvw. There is enough Tyrian mastrey points to unlock them all, without it.

@JustTrogdor.7892 said:There are not really any mastery points tied to a specific race aside from the one you can get by unlocking 90 pieces of cultural armor which would require having 1 of every race to acquire. But that is only one point and there are plenty more you can earn to max out core masteries. Other than that there are not any I can think of tied to a specific race.

The achievement of playing sylvary is in meta achievement table but you don't need that particular one to get mastery unlocked.

For sure you don't need to do that one to complete the full set of HoT masteries, but I wasn't saying that you do. @JustTrogdor.7892 said that he didn't know of any that were tied to / gated by a single race, and I confirmed that there is one. You can't finish that meta-achievement without doing Sylvari Solidarity, and if you're playing the content by yourself, you have to be on a Sylvari to do Sylvari Solidarity. That's all I was saying: to earn that HoT point without making use of multi-player oddities, you need a Sylvari.

@phs.6089 said:Yuo don't need to do that race armor collection, It will cost you about 600 gold /300-400 from wvw. There is enough Tyrian mastrey points to unlock them all, without it.

For sure you don't
need
to do that one to complete the full set of HoT masteries, but I wasn't saying that you do. @"JustTrogdor.7892" said that he didn't know of any that were tied to / gated by a single race, and I confirmed that there is one. You can't finish that meta-achievement without doing Sylvari Solidarity, and if you're playing the content by yourself, you have to be on a Sylvari to do Sylvari Solidarity. That's all I was saying: to earn
that
HoT point without making use of multi-player oddities, you need a Sylvari.

You don't actually need it for the Act 1 mastery achievement - it requires "Complete all 18 Heart of Thorns Act I achievements", but counting Sylvari Solidarity, there's actually 19 achievements.

@Tanner Blackfeather.6509 said:

For sure you don't
need
to do that one to complete the full set of HoT masteries, but I wasn't saying that you do. @"JustTrogdor.7892" said that he didn't know of any that were tied to / gated by a single race, and I confirmed that there is one. You can't finish that meta-achievement without doing Sylvari Solidarity, and if you're playing the content by yourself, you have to be on a Sylvari to do Sylvari Solidarity. That's all I was saying: to earn
that

You
don't
actually need it for the Act 1 mastery achievement - it requires "
Complete all 18 Heart of Thorns Act I achievements
", but counting Sylvari Solidarity, there's actually
achievements.

Huh. Complete all 18 of the 19? Lovely. Reading the comments in the Wiki, it seems to be a bit buggy. Sigh. OK, in that case, my mistake. It remains an asymmetrical achievement, i.e. one that's race-specific but doesn't have corresponding achievements for other races. (And that's probably why it's the 19th of the 18, so that people don't have to play Sylvari to finish the meta-achievement.)

For sure you don't
need
that

You
don't
achievements.

Huh. Complete all 18 of the 19? Lovely. Reading the comments in the Wiki, it seems to be a bit buggy. Sigh. OK, in that case, my mistake. It remains an asymmetrical achievement, i.e. one that's race-specific but doesn't have corresponding achievements for other races. (And that's probably why it's the 19th of the 18, so that people don't
have
to play Sylvari to finish the meta-achievement.)

This is correct. You need to complete just 18 of 19 because not everyone will play a Sylvari through Heart of Thorns Act 1. I'm glad they've done this.

@altermaven.7385 said:

For sure you don't
need
that

You
don't
achievements.

Huh. Complete all 18 of the 19? Lovely. Reading the comments in the Wiki, it seems to be a bit buggy. Sigh. OK, in that case, my mistake. It remains an asymmetrical achievement, i.e. one that's race-specific but doesn't have corresponding achievements for other races. (And that's probably why it's the 19th of the 18, so that people don't
have
to play Sylvari to finish the meta-achievement.)

This is correct. You need to complete just 18 of 19 because not everyone will play a Sylvari through Heart of Thorns Act 1. I'm glad they've done this.

Overall, I think it's a good thing, too, but they should probably remove the word "all" from the description of the meta-achievement: "Complete 18 Heart of Thorns Act I achievements".

Archived