Improving Animation Clarity: Breaching Strike vs. Aura Slicer

shadowpass.4236

Hi,

Although I'm aware of the animation difference between these two skills, it is very difficult to tell them apart in a fight.

• For those who don't know, Breaching Strike is an overhead-slicing leap and a Spellbreaker's Dagger F1. It is unblockable, strips 2 boons, and provides the warrior with stacks of Adrenal Healing. This skill is VERY important to avoid.
  • On the other hand, Aura Slicer is a side-slicing leap and a Spellbreaker's Dagger 2. It applies a 1.5 second slow. This skill is NOT necessary to avoid.

However, both skills are short ranged leap finishers where the warrior jumps in the air while swinging the weapon. Both have very similar ranges (~400) and the only ways to tell them apart are the motion of the dagger and a very faint golden glow on the F1 within a span of 3/4's of a second. Even in a 1v1 scenario, it is very hard to tell which one is which. In an outnumbered/team fight, it is nearly impossible.

So, I have a request for Anet. Would it be possible to improve the visual clarity between these skills? One is very high impact, one is very low impact, but both look incredibly similar with nearly identical animations.

• 1 year later...

I often just try to avoid both because most warriors tend to use the m back to back just to gap close regardless of order its just JUMP JUMP press 3 when in melee range. When used rapidly back to back it can be super hard to read accurately which one is which in the moment of the action.

I think this is one of the most fair arguments ive seen in terms of warrior issues that probably should be addressed at some point.