jump + leap = exploit?

Fat Disgrace.4275

I notice a lot of people will macro bind a leap skill and jump at the same time, some people do it with out macros but anyway. i personally have not noticed this but when you jump/leap you "cancal" out the leap animation but kinda teleport to the target but when i do it on my screen i am seeing full animations.

is this some kind of exploit? people seem to say it is and other say its game play ( persoanlly i dont think it is meant to be part of the game play but meh)

@shadowpass.4236 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:i personally have not noticed thiswhen i do it on my screen i am seeing full animations.

Okay so if you haven't seen it, and haven't been able to replicate it... what exactly are you complaining about?

read what i said, i said i can do it but animations look the same just with a jump at the start...

and when i say i havn't noticed it, its because i never see many people do this thing.

also, complain?? i just asked a simple question lol, i dont care if its an exploit or not.

yes i play thief, what jump/leap would i do ?

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

@Fat Disgrace.4275 said:i personally have not noticed thiswhen i do it on my screen i am seeing full animations.

Okay so if you haven't seen it, and haven't been able to replicate it... what exactly are you complaining about?

read what i said, i said i can do it but animations look the same just with a jump at the start...

and when i say i havn't noticed it, its because i never see many people do this thing.

also, complain?? i just asked a simple question lol, i dont care if its an exploit or not.

Probably would've been better to ask exactly what the issue is.

Either way, you stated that you've noticed this exploit but have never actually seen it happen. Then you said you saw the full animations when you tried to replicate it.

So, if you've never seen it happen and can't replicate it, I don't understand exactly what this thread is about.

@shadowpass.4236 said:

Probably would've been better to ask exactly what the issue is.

Either way, you stated that you've noticed this exploit but have never actually seen it happen. Then you said you saw the full animations when you tried to replicate it.

So, if you've never seen it happen and can't replicate it, I don't understand exactly what this thread is about.

i can replicate this "exploit" i have now said this 3 times and when i do it from my screen I see full animation with the jump at the start (my toon) how ever when i was doing it in front of my guildys they said they see no animation and that i just ported to the guy instead of a leap skill animation. sword #2 on thief you use to be able to jump and infiltration return but you never did actually return and instead stayed at the same location but they fixed that bug ages ago, thats why i am asking is jump/leap classed as an exploit

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:I notice a lot of people will macro bind a leap skill and jump at the same time, some people do it with out macros but anyway. i personally have not noticed this but when you jump/leap you "cancal" out the leap animation but kinda teleport to the target but when i do it on my screen i am seeing full animations.

is this some kind of exploit? people seem to say it is and other say its game play ( persoanlly i dont think it is meant to be part of the game play but meh)

Whatever it is that you're describing, I've never seen such a thing happen. I think you are seeing something else happening, and confusing it with the idea that people are jump leap teleporting. It sounds awfully connected to general lag, possibly speedhack desynching, or maybe even the old simple dodge roll jump.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@"Fat Disgrace.4275" said:I notice a lot of people will macro bind a leap skill and jump at the same time, some people do it with out macros but anyway. i personally have not noticed this but when you jump/leap you "cancal" out the leap animation but kinda teleport to the target but when i do it on my screen i am seeing full animations.

Whatever it is that you're describing, I've never seen such a thing happen. I think you are seeing something else happening, and confusing it with the idea that people are jump leap teleporting. It sounds awfully connected to general lag, possibly speedhack desynching, or maybe even the old simple dodge roll jump.

Nah, neither of the above. I will do a video tonight and show you what I mean.

@dDuff.3860 said:You can do a heartseeker+jump if you press them in some sequence. It will grant you some larger distance of leap (like 50-100 units more) You can't use steal during this animation.

But I guess this is not thing you tried to discuss.

From other people's view there is no animation, let's use everserate as an example. If I jump/Evis at my target the other guy will not see Evis leap animation but a jump and then I would be in there face as if it was a small teleport basicly hiding the telegraphed leap skill completely.

I have seen very few warriors do this in wvw mostly with shield bash and or bulls charge but it's very rare.

it might be a kind of buggish even exploitish thing like stow weapon to cancel aftercasts / animations but the skill doing it thing none thelessthat it only shows on enemy screen and not on your side is kinda odd and might be a proof that it is unintended behaviourpretty sure that it is mostely a thing in the upper ranks as only skilled players will get a benefit of itthe more casual player will never be able to do it any waylike dodge jumps because you need better hardware for such things (gamer keyboard where you can activate more keys at once)

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:Sounds like they are just procing the old desynch bug. It's the same reason why sometimes players get downed and the server is still showing their body displayed in a position they were at 1 second ago. No idea why jump/leap would be triggering it but I'd like to see this video.

same.... I have a recorder aswell if he wants to record his end and attack me with this bug to compare it

if he doesnt already have someone else to do it... as he said it looks fine on his end so we do need the other end footage.

@allias.1420 said:This is not an exploit. you can do this with a lot of other classes too such as warrior. Try it. It helps cover some extra distance and can be used to make some useful JP jumps.

aka as an exploit. if you read the whole post you would of noticed that i even said warrior in the list. x/jump are exploits, how jump dodge got away with this is a weird thing but breaking skill animations or gaining extra distance with dodge role using jump combo should not be part of the game.

dodge role evade's after a few MS AFTER the diodge role, which is why the jump is able to combo with it and desyncing skill animations, same with some leap skills.

Its not an exploit, its just a simple trick that sometimes helps. If you use jump and leap (HS, flame uprising etc), you jump higher and you can jump through small objects. Also if you jump from higher places it makes your skill to be used earlier before you would normally hit the ground (because of longer jump). I use it sometimes in PvP, but just with jump+skill, no macro (if you need macro for those kinds of things, you must be really...handless).In game there are more "tricks" like this, ppl mostly learn them accidentaly just by playing, but i dont think its anyhow game-breaking.

Archived