Engaging gameplay

Math.5123

@Crinn.7864 said:Yeah I really don't understand why the guardian felt the necessity to make a macro for jump dodge. Pressing two buttons is hard.

I haven't made a macro. I bound dodge to 1 mouse button and jump to the one right next to it. Perks of not having a childrens hand. I can actually press 2 buttons at once with my thumb. Thanks for contributing to the thread though.

@Turk.5460 said:And JI + Hammer 2 is any more engaging?

In a way, in that you can't spam it every few seconds, is blockable, and so can be countered - not like dodging on kneel gives stealth, not like DJ which can be evaded due to the sound cue but is quite spammable since it only requires being stealth, and not like Shadow Meld which counters the only thing that can counter stealth, Revealed. So I'd say yes, JI + Hammer 2 is more engaging.

@Crinn.7864 said:Yeah I really don't understand why the guardian felt the necessity to make a macro for jump dodge. Pressing two buttons is hard.

Just because someone presses buttons faster than you doesn't mean they're using macro.

I, too, do not understand how it is year 2018 and people are still allowed to throw games by chasing the thief off-node in any form of ranked PvP.

1. I mean, learn to change your priorities quicker and don't engage in duels you know you're going to lose.
  2. Hey, the node is neutral and both you and the deadeye are alive, so it actually seems balanced.

This is what happens when you try to make a combination tab-target/action system. Action will never compete with tab-target's low-effort, high-reliability, no-aim nature. Manual player movement (WASD, jump) are cast into irrelevancy (consider how the two of you are basically letting scripted movement and protracted invuln periods negate the fact that you aren't really manually dodging anything). Pair that mess up with instant or near-instant activation range skills, and you turn the game into LoS Wars. Also, JI is just about as braindead as generic DE. Cooldowns aren't any way to adequately balance gameplay: it doesn't matter if it's got a one-year CD on it--if a class build can kill an opponent for free at the press of a few buttons, it's trash and only degrades the game's skill ceiling. The success rate is irrelevant. If it has the capability to do something so ridiculous, it's bad for the game; and GW2 is more or less exclusively comprised of such class builds.

No amount of nerfs can fix this problem....this is how the class mechanic plays...if you want it changed you got to change the mechanic of deadeye.

The only nerf i see really being usefull is lowering the range from 1200 to 900....this will make the class be alittle more risky being in range of other classes abilitys. And slowing the projectile speed down.

@Airdive.2613 said:I, too, do not understand how it is year 2018 and people are still allowed to throw games by chasing the thief off-node in any form of ranked PvP.

1. I mean, learn to change your priorities quicker and don't engage in duels you know you're going to lose.
  2. Hey, the node is neutral and both you and the deadeye are alive, so it actually seems balanced.

Not entirely sure if you actually watch the video, but the match hasn't start yet

I dont see any issues with it.You are tanky and outsustain the thief, bursty enough that if he missplays/steps too close he will pop.

The thief keeps his range as he should with that build while tickeling you.

Thief did get nerfed, no more trippletap spam. I would prefer they nerfed the stealth instead of the damage though.The hide and seek game is more annoying than the damage.

@NICENIKESHOE.7128 said:

@Airdive.2613 said:I, too, do not understand how it is year 2018 and people are still allowed to throw games by chasing the thief off-node in any form of ranked PvP.

Not entirely sure if you actually watch the video, but the match hasn't start yet

Whoops, sorry, watched it without sound and didn't realize it hasn't. D:Points 1 and 2 still stand in general, though.

@Airdive.2613 said:

Whoops, sorry, watched it without sound and didn't realize it hasn't. D:Points 1 and 2 still stand in general, though.

Especially point 2 does not. If you stand in the circle, you cannot LoS, meaning you will be dead quickly.

Point 1... well... kind of correct. Both are not really duelists.

... but yeah, good thing they nerfed TRB. :lol:

@Megametzler.5729 said:

Especially point 2 does not. If you stand in the circle, you cannot LoS, meaning you will be dead quickly.

News flash: you need actual player skill and a potent build to be a good node holder.

@Airdive.2613 said:

News flash: you need actual player skill and a potent build to be a good node holder.

yOu NeEd PlAyEr SkIlL

What are you trying to say? Have you ever played against a DE without using LoS?

@Megametzler.5729 said:

yOu NeEd PlAyEr SkIlL

What are you trying to say? Have you ever played against a DE without using LoS?

Yup. With great success at that, because I'm currently running a d/d daredevil build.

@Airdive.2613 said:

yOu NeEd PlAyEr SkIlL

Yup. With great success at that, because I'm currently running a d/d daredevil build.

I am not saying DE is OP - and neither is the OP, as he wrote above. With your build you probably use LoS too and don't cap points when there is one around.

I just wished they had nerfed the stealth acces for some punishment opportunities if burst failed instead of TRB... but well, it's been a while since last time I said "well, nice job, Anet, that change was exactly what was needed"... :disappointed:

@"Noha.3749" said:I dont see any issues with it.You are tanky and outsustain the thief, bursty enough that if he missplays/steps too close he will pop.

The thief keeps his range as he should with that build while tickeling you.

Yeah I don't get the whole hate on being out-ranged/kited. Holosmiths (LOL), Guardians, Necros, and Warriors often send salt whispers about it being "cheesy" or "cowardly" or "unfair." Seriously? How fair would it be if a DE just stood in melee range and tried to melee any of those professions? It would be a joke! xD

Archived