The Departing - Judge won't interact, resets instance

Vladish.3940

I have completed the Balthazaar fight. Then I get teleported into domain of the lost. After the conversation with Joko, I fallowed the spirit to the Judge. He says "Come spirit, do not be afraid" and that's it. There is no more interaction with him. There was briefly speech bubble on him, but when clicked there was nothing. I looked up online to see if I was missing something, and it would seem there wasn't and that he should have continued the dialogue. Since talking to every singe spirit or exploring entire place didn't help, I tried to reset the encounter by /stuck to see if it will help me talk to him, and instead it kicks me out of the mission completely and forces me to restart. Feels like major bs.

this may not have been so bad if I wasn't a solo player. My physical disability makes me play slower than most people so I do story myself. It wouldn't have been so bad if the encounter with Balthazaar prior to that wasn't so long, boring and frustrating. I mean, there is really no point for that fight to force you to get him all the way to almost null health, other than to irritate players. This bug, forcing me to replay the entire thing from start is particularly frustrating, as the drawn out fight prior to going to the Judgment, is particularly taxing on my injuries and causes me extreme pain by the time i am done with it.

Sorry about angry tone of the initial message. Having to redo this story four times was extremely painful and frustrating. I have finally finished it and I have made some observations that may help addressing this bug it if pops out for anyone else.

The two times it bugged out like I reported I noticed a common trend. First time it bugged out I was exploring the entire Realm of the Lost, and ignored the girls request to follow her. I just ran around and explored, tried talking to Judge but he wouldn't respond. When I was done exploring I followed her, but the instance bugged out and Judge wouldn't talk to me.

The second time, when the conversation with Joko ended I ran ahead of the girl. When we got to the judge after initial quote, he still wouldn't talk to me.

Third time I stayed far behind her while she "lead" me to judge, and that has allowed me to proceed.

It would seem that whenever judge registered my presence before he registered her, it would bug out the rest of the content. It may be related to the fact that I am playing on a mac client, I don't know.

Regardless, I finally completed it, and these were my observations. Once again, sorry about the initial tone, but the need too redo initial fight four times (I have messed up initially, and that was on me), had aggravated my injury and made me seriously frustrated.I still stand by my opinion, that if the point of the initial fight with Balthazaar is for me to die and see the cinematic, the fight itself too drawn out, (especially since it is possible to take him down to 20% or whatever the health mark is, without dying - like my gf did - that being forced to die at the end of it without a reward, makes it feel like a pointless filler).

Maybe make a checkpoint past that fight so even if there is a bug or something you don't have to redo that encounter?

Anyway, hope that helps and will help anyone else to not run into that bug.

Cheers,~Vlad

Archived