LF Guild [NA, PvE, PST]

Boysenberry.1869

I realized I never made my obligatory LFG post on the new forums. Silly me.

Things I'm looking for in a guild:

• Medium to Large size
  • Very active with guild members who frequently party together
  • Friendly and mature
  • Occasional guild activities
  • No Rep requirements
  • No Third-Party requirements (no voice and no special website requirements)

About me:

• I've been playing off and on since launch
  • I've been guildless since launch (aside from my bank guild)
  • I own all content
  • I have level 80s of every class (although many collect dust)
  • I like Necros
  • Pacific time zone. Evenings are most common for me but I can be on randomly.
  • I'm pretty casual and PvE focused (open world, story, achievements). I've hardly touched Fractals (I may be interested in trying them more) and I doubt I'll ever try raiding.
  • I only WvW for dailies and I never PvP.
  • Asura are the bestest

Wardens of Destiny may work for you. We're a prelaunch guild under the same leadership for the entire time. We're casual, mostly PvE focused and we have no requirements. That said, there are more people talking more often on voice than there are in guild chat. It's not that no one talks in guild chat, but the people who are most active do tend to be in voice, and those people tend to talk more...but there are people in the guild who have never been in discord at all.

We have no rep requirement, no attendence requirement for anything and we do run events, sometimes spontaneous ones, several times a week.

i have something in store for you as we start recruiting again.and we do meet every single requirement of what you're looking for. i am also a neikid nekro and my asura thief steal many hearts on a daily basic.since we starting late around 9pm CDT, it should meet your PST time zone just fine.is there any reason why you've been guildless? xd i mean from the time since launch is a very long time.we have a lot of guild activities, more or less just plain drinking events. heh.here's for more info about us: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41284/na-pvx-intense-pleasure-mmm-chill-guild-lfm-filthy-casuals-to-insomniacs-new-vet-all-welcome/p1

@Vayne.8563 said:Wardens of Destiny may work for you. We're a prelaunch guild under the same leadership for the entire time. We're casual, mostly PvE focused and we have no requirements. That said, there are more people talking more often on voice than there are in guild chat. It's not that no one talks in guild chat, but the people who are most active do tend to be in voice, and those people tend to talk more...but there are people in the guild who have never been in discord at all.How likely is it to find people to party with in just guild chat?

@"Hex.2579" said:is there any reason why you've been guildless? xd i mean from the time since launch is a very long time.we have a lot of guild activities, more or less just plain drinking events. heh.here's for more info about us: https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/41284/na-pvx-intense-pleasure-mmm-chill-guild-lfm-filthy-casuals-to-insomniacs-new-vet-all-welcome/p1I've been guildless because I generally don't go out of my way to find a guild and that there is no comfortable way to find one. Posts here will just scroll away with only a tiny fraction of people seeing them (on top of the tiny fraction that even use the forums to begin with). In-game there's nothing but reading Lion's Arch spam.That being said, while your recruitment post was an interesting read for sure, it may be a bit too intense for me.

@Boysenberry.1869 said:

@Vayne.8563 said:Wardens of Destiny may work for you. We're a prelaunch guild under the same leadership for the entire time. We're casual, mostly PvE focused and we have no requirements. That said, there are more people talking more often on voice than there are in guild chat. It's not that no one talks in guild chat, but the people who are most active do tend to be in voice, and those people tend to talk more...but there are people in the guild who have never been in discord at all.How likely is it to find people to party with in just guild chat?

@"Hex.2579" said:is there any reason why you've been guildless? xd i mean from the time since launch is a very long time.we have a lot of guild activities, more or less just plain drinking events. heh.here's for more info about us:
I've been guildless because I generally don't go out of my way to find a guild and that there is no comfortable way to find one. Posts here will just scroll away with only a tiny fraction of people seeing them (on top of the tiny fraction that even use the forums to begin with). In-game there's nothing but reading Lion's Arch spam.That being said, while your recruitment post was an interesting read for sure, it may be a bit
too
intense for me.

Not sure how my post is intense. I mean there are literally no requirements at all to do anything. If you can find a more casual guild than mine, good luck to you. We have people that have never participated in any guild event and just farm the guild hall.

Sorry to hear the search for that perfect home is not going great. I would make sure to check out the r/guildrecruitment subreddit, alongside of GW2 Guildex as well; I know not everyone posts their guilds out of game, but some may post in one place and not another.

Wish you the best of luck!

@Boysenberry.1869 said:I kind of wonder if it's just the same 10-20 guilds re-posting over and over on the forum here and that bumping isn't really getting me any additional exposure. Oh well.

Part of it is the specific list of requirements that would disallow some guilds from posting here. It may out of the guilds who do bump here, your requirements are specific enough to disqualify some of them.

@"Vayne.8563" said:Part of it is the specific list of requirements that would disallow some guilds from posting here. It may out of the guilds who do bump here, your requirements are specific enough to disqualify some of them.

Is there a requirement I listed that is unreasonable for many guilds?- Medium to Large Size. This is subjective. Activity is the most important part. A "small" medium that is very active is fine.- Very active with guild members who frequently party together. This one should be automatic. I assume very few people are looking for a dead guild.- Friendly and mature. Another standard request I feel.- Occasional guild activities. I could be flexible on this one. Occasional activities would be nice to see. Do a lot of guilds not have activities together?- No Rep requirements. Requiring rep is more of a relic of a bygone era. Wanting rep during guild activities would be fine. Perhaps I should revise my post to say that?- No Third-Party requirements (no voice and no special website requirements). In my mind I would imagine this one would be the only sticking point for some people. Ideally I just want to log in, say "Hi, anyone want to do (blank)" and go with that. I have enough hassles in life that I really don't want to deal with filling out guild applications, signing up for websites, joining someone's discord, etc. I just want to log on and play. I'm hoping to find others that feel the same.

@Boysenberry.1869 said:

@"Vayne.8563" said:Part of it is the specific list of requirements that would disallow some guilds from posting here. It may out of the guilds who do bump here, your requirements are specific enough to disqualify some of them.

Is there a requirement I listed that is unreasonable for many guilds?
- Medium to Large Size
. This is subjective. Activity is the most important part. A "small" medium that is very active is fine.
- Very active with guild members who frequently party together
. This one should be automatic. I assume very few people are looking for a dead guild.
- Friendly and mature
. Another standard request I feel.
- Occasional guild activities
. I could be flexible on this one. Occasional activities would be nice to see. Do a lot of guilds not have activities together?
- No Rep requirements
. Requiring rep is more of a relic of a bygone era. Wanting rep during guild activities would be fine. Perhaps I should revise my post to say that?
- No Third-Party requirements (no voice and no special website requirements)
. In my mind I would imagine this one would be the only sticking point for some people. Ideally I just want to log in, say "Hi, anyone want to do (blank)" and go with that. I have enough hassles in life that I really don't want to deal with filling out guild applications, signing up for websites, joining someone's discord, etc. I just want to log on and play. I'm hoping to find others that feel the same.

Well maybe a lot of guilds are small guilds and not medium to large, see? Maybe some don't consider themselves "very" active. Maybe some run frequent guild activities, not occasional ones. That's what I'm talking about.

Not trying to start a fight, just explaining how people reading might not necessarily respond, that's all.

That's alright. Constructive feedback is always welcome. I feel it's important to state a list of things I'm interested in as guilds have their own lists when it comes to what kind of members they are interested in. That said, I'm fairly flexible in what I'm looking for. The OP is just "things I'm looking for" and not "I demand all of these!!!!!". The only time I use the word "requirement" or an absolute like "no" is the last 2 items and even the Rep one I'm flexible on as long as it is guild activities only. And guilds can have all the websites and discords they want as long as they are not requirements for participation.

i'll try some "constructive feedback" or whatever it calls. lol. but it seems that some your requirements are countering one another hard. i'll just pick up a few.

for instance, the demand on guild activities, but then refuse to participate in voice chat.the difference between guilds and pugs is the connection through communication. yes, most activities would need communication, especially voice comm. you can't type down 5 paragraphs of texts trying to explaining a hard puzzle guild mission or some new invent guild activity and expect people to read all that and can actually follow through. needless to say without some sort of voice comm on some activities in the guild, you're just like pugs.

you say you just want to log in to say hi, let's do this, let's do that. 400+ mem guild will suit you well. there'll be plenty of people to just group up and play. but then you know those kinda guilds, occasional activities are usually dead cuz most people don't really care wth happening unless it's involved rewards/them getting money.and because those big guilds tend to have cliques, you usually don't get a chance to group up often with the frequenter groupies. so the rest are just in a giant pool of pugs, technically speaking.

it just feels like you want something "strictly business". nothing more nothing less. whereas most guilds would try to look for connections with their members, get to know people, make friends do stuff together, talk, laugh, that sort of thing.Vayne's guild and our guild sent out offers but both got shot down straight up without further thinking. psychologically, i'm afraid people are backing down from sending invites cuz most don't do well with rejections. i know Lanthun has a big guild as well but he didn't offer.to be frank, people don't look for just another pug for their guild xd if they do, you can join those map chat spamming guild invite. other than that, idk what else to say.the biggest parts of PvE are fractals and raids. it looks like you don't want to join either of those contents, which in short are group contents.while you put your demands out there and they're all very reasonable, really, but very contradicting. it has to be some compromise you can make for the guild(s) you want to join. i hope it helps. good luck.

@Hex.2579 said:Vayne's guild and our guild sent out offers but both got shot down straight up without further thinkingI actually never turned Vayne down. I asked a follow-up question that went unanswered. I only declined your offer. While your recruitment post was clever and very well written, I am wary of what kind of people it may attract and decided to decline the offer. I take everything into consideration and do think things through.

As far as guild activities, I'm not just referring to built-in game missions. With Wintersday approaching there could be a secret santa. I've heard of guilds doing fashion shows. There are unlimited number of things a guild could do and most would not need in-depth voice instructions. I've had very poor experiences with voice chat in other games and I have no desire to repeat it in GW2. I have made friends with just in-game chat and have never felt that typing to these people reduces them to feeling like PUGs.

the biggest parts of PvE are fractals and raids. it looks like you don't want to join either of those contents, which in short are group contents.I did say I'd be interested in trying fractals more. The only PvE content I excluded was raids. And that benefits others as well. Just like if I played PvP, having me on a raid team would probably cause it to fail. I'm a casual and don't have a desire for meta-gaming in GW2. I've done it in other games and even GW1 with success, but I just don't have the passion to do it with GW2.

A follow-up post of mine clarified that I'm flexible. I can add every possible scenario and type of guild I'm looking for to the OP, but then I'm afraid it would be passed over simply for being 10 pages long. Perhaps rewording suggestions could be in offered.

what kind of people our guild would attract? wow really? base on that very judgmental comment is enough for most guilds to not dropping an offer.fyi, our guild has a lot of doctors, physicians, teachers and we're working professionals.like i said Lanthun has a successful guild and he came in without an offer but a good luck. that should turn on a red light.Vayne didn't chip in after the first time, turned down or not. and afaik, besides us 3, there's not any other offer.i'm not attacking you, i'm just trying to help out. which i guess it didn't help at all. and you being judgmental is really a turn off. i'm not going to reply after. good luck.

I was being polite with my initial decline of your offer. I only elaborated because you brought it up again. You call me judgmental but I could say the same about you for judging my response to things without knowing anything about my life experience. I'm sure there are many respectful members of your guild. Although you can have good and bad people in any profession so naming professions out doesn't really imply anything. I've met some amazing people who may have been down on their luck and don't have a profession to lend prestige to themselves.

I do appreciate the helpful parts of your initial feedback. The judging and then calling judgmental part was not-so-helpful. It's probably best that your replies stop if they are going to be veering off-topic. It would be silly to have to bring a moderator into a LFG post.

Archived