Best role/build for Solo Q?

bbop.9706

So i am have been playing burst guard in ranked and am reasonably competent and know my role.

The trouble is that 9/10 times my team does not work together or the comp sucks and i find myself gimped because im in an outnumbered team fight or left alone/stranded because there is no communication etc.. I know i should be in a team fight or bursting down roamers between nodes, +1ing etc. but solo q has been so frustrating because... well you know why... everyone else sucks haha... (jk)

So ive slipped from Gold 3 to silver 3 mainly because of a lack of team play.

What role or class can i play that will allow me to be self sufficient and still effective/help carry my team in soloq?

I suck at mesmer , and am ok at thief.. happy to decap side nodes etc.. what other roles are going to help me climb the ranks solo? Should i go bruiser? bunker?

Any advice appreciated, thanks!

PS. special thanks to Hoodie who taught me his secret guard build last night.. its amazing. On the rare occasion i was in a good team it was brutally effective!

The simplest way to carry the team is bunker. The thing is, you never know how good your team or the enemy team actually is. Bringing a bunker basicly assumes everyone are noobs. And that works many times. The problem begins when too many on your team think that and bring their own bunkers, in which case you end up with a team that does not have the punch to dislodge enemy players from points.

But ultimately, just play what you find fun. Loosing while playing something you find fun is still just a loss, loosing while playing something you dislike is boring.

I generally find warriors/spellbreakers being most efficient all-around.Due to high natural durability, the BEST passive and active defense in the game and still dealing lots of damage.They also got great mobility with greatsword.

Only thing "lacking" is their slow animations, highly telegraphed.

Cant go to much into detail about sPvP though, i mainly WVW.

@Dawdler.8521 said:The simplest way to carry the team is bunker. The thing is, you never know how good your team or the enemy team actually is. Bringing a bunker basicly assumes everyone are noobs. And that works many times. The problem begins when too many on your team think that and bring their own bunkers, in which case you end up with a team that does not have the punch to dislodge enemy players from points.

But ultimately, just play what you find fun. Loosing while playing something you find fun is still just a loss, loosing while playing something you dislike is boring.

Good advice. I was thinking warrior. If there are too many bunkers then i can relog and switch i guess. Not enough people react to a comp at the start anyway.

What other viable bunker builds are there?

@bbop.9706 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:The simplest way to carry the team is bunker. The thing is, you never know how good your team or the enemy team actually is. Bringing a bunker basicly assumes everyone are noobs. And that works many times. The problem begins when too many on your team think that and bring their own bunkers, in which case you end up with a team that does not have the punch to dislodge enemy players from points.

Good advice. I was thinking warrior. If there are too many bunkers then i can relog and switch i guess. Not enough people react to a comp at the start anyway.

What other viable bunker builds are there?

FB, druid, here should be crono but I'm not sure after the patch, tempest if you feel adventurous :)

I agree. Anything that can take on multiple enemies at once or can shred apart enemies quickly. Both work as "carries". I find deadeye to be pretty fun to solo Q with because of the thief mobility and when played right you can just run around exterminating the enemy.

Archived