A request to the development team.

Silence.3702

Hello :)
I'm really unsure if this thread location is wrongly placed and hopefully will be moved accordingly if isn't.

I personally and I'm sure that other people earnestly enjoy your game and appreciate everything you have been doing to this amazing game

Yet we all suffer from a significant lack of communication from the development mind and interest to a point where we have next to no idea what the Devs think about their own classes games PVP modes other than side notes in balance patches with give us nothing but a small insight of what you might think. Constant inactivity from the development is becoming intolerable. A small comment such as "hey, we do still read your comments " should motivate us to give elaborates opinions instead of giving up but the last time we had any Dev response in the ELE THREAD (for example) has been 1 year ago

We don't ask for anything other than more commination because it's very important that both the community and the development will have a healthy understanding and communication

I've been following these boards off and on since before the game launched. I've seen a lot of developer comments. I've also seen a raft of changes to the game that were asked for in threads that the developers didn't comment in.

I understand that if there are no comments and a change someone wants is not happening, there is the chance the player(s) will get frustrated. However, there are a lot more of us than there are of them. It's neither likely nor feasible that the entire team could respond to every thread, never mind every post. That's why I believe we see some dev posts, and periodic assurances (often from Ms. Gray) that the devs do read threads even when they do not respond. So, yes, ANet has assured us repeatedly that they do pay attention to what we have to say.

There's a certain irony in a poster called Silence asking for louder communication... ;)

As Indigo says though, they have proven many times over they read pretty a great deal of feedback, with time given over each week to specifically reading up on it and also with (I believe) Gaile raising specific issues and trends that are felt to be pertinent. Bear in mind, the sheer volume of threads on these boards is massive for one game (often needlessly so). Replying to threads significantly cuts down analysing and I think the monthly AMA have been a crucial communication tool useful for all sides (although I've seen players ask ridiculously silly things rather than use the limited time wisely). They've said repeatedly and regularly "we do read your comments" so it isn't really necessary to keep stating that.

I would also remember, Anet do use a wide medium of communications. One that often gets overlooked is their Guild Chat and other videos where they actually stream their time playing the game and discuss various aspects of development. Whilst I rarely watch it myself, I've seen many answers to player questions linked to these videos.

There is always room for more interaction, but I think things are better now than they were 2-3+ years ago where almost all communication basically shut down completely.

You can keep up with Dev Posts daily by following the Dev Post Carousel.
You can read every Dev Post ever made by accessing the Dev Tracker.You can read Dev Posts on Reddit via their Dev Tracker.You can follow ArenaNet on Twitter, and read posts on their Facebook page.You can watch the Devs play and comment on the game on their streamed 'Let's Play' weekly videos.You can watch Guild Chat (often weekly) and listen to the Devs discuss many topics.

Good luck.

Archived