Anyone know a good build for a Herald Revenant? PVE/Raiding preference.

ZarexWolf.5637

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome to Revenant! First, I'd like to direct you to a couple build sites:

1. https://metabattle.com/wiki/Revenant (MetaBattle is a great source for builds and tactics in all modes)
  2. https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/revenant/renegade/condition/ (SnowCrows is regarded as a top-notch source if you start getting heavy into raiding)

These sites have more detailed guides than what I can provide, but they are geared toward players with experience in their class who want to optimize.

For now, I recommend the following in PvE until you get your mist legs:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmnXN2gSqJvQR/kbosgyPU4Q5IKYr8EllNFqNAHYB2DsgPk9Lp5NA-jhRDgA97PK/WOFAAm/A1H8q+TyTAUCCA-e

I prioritized inexpensive options for gear that don't cause you to lose much statistically. Some notes:

• I've taken away your shield. it's just... not very good in most situations, as the root from the block will likely leave you in harm's way for a worse attack. Instead, you have an offhand sword for big damage and can use your Staff 3 skill to block. If you're sentimental about the shield like me, take it in place of the staff.
  • As for armor, I've set you up with full Berserker gear. Revenant (especially Herald) has a ton of built-in survivability that should make other gear unnecessary. If you want to err on the side of caution or don't trust your timing, swap in pieces of Marauder gear until you are comfortable.
  • Rotation: In PvE, mostly just keep Facets of Light, Darkness, and Elements up. Use Sword 2, 4, and 5 off CD.
  • If you get mobbed, swap to Jalis, drop Inspiring Reinforcement, and channel Vengeful Hammers, but swap back to Glint as soon as it's off CD. Feel free to quickly channel and consume Facets of Strength or Chaos for the extra damage or knockback, respectively.
  • In the Devastation line, Vicious Lacerations is strictly better than Ferocious Strikes if you're wielding a sword. Maybe even if you aren't.
  • Devastation, Assassin's Presence usually beats out Notoriety in group play.
  • Invocation, Fierce Infusion is rarely necessary as you have better sources of Fury. Take Rising Tide for more damage or Cleansing Channel for condi removal (as you have very little cleanse in the Rev kit)
  • Invocation, Incensed Response in incredible with this build. Just channeling Facet of Darkness is enough to keep you capped at 25 stacks of might while in combat. The other options don't give you anything you don't already have in abundance.
  • Invocation, take Roiling Mists. You'll thank me. Charged Mists is technically superior if you run a perfect rotation with perfect gear, but R.M. will make every hit a crit without you having to think about it.
  • Herald Line, Core Value doesn't give you much, as the Facet of Nature skill doesn't see much use in the current skill balance. Instead, I recommend the extra in-combat speed from Rising Momentum, though Elder's Respite is not bad if you're feeling like you need the extra heals.
  • Herald Grandmaster traits vary greatly depending on the utility you want to provide, but I find the extra damage to be the easiest way to stay alive. Kill it before it finishes winding up that big attack.

And that's it! Hope this helps get you started.

For fractals, Core Value is good for the No Pain, No Gain instability to strip the 3 boons/protection off enemies. Shield Condi cleanse has saved me numerous times in PVE. There are classes to have done this for me better, but good to fill those roles myself without switching class.

• 2 weeks later...

@"Ardent Heretic.8216" said:Welcome to Revenant! First, I'd like to direct you to a couple build sites:

1. https://metabattle.com/wiki/Revenant (MetaBattle is a great source for builds and tactics in all modes)
  2. https://snowcrows.com/raids/builds/revenant/renegade/condition/ (SnowCrows is regarded as a top-notch source if you start getting heavy into raiding)

These sites have more detailed guides than what I can provide, but they are geared toward players with experience in their class who want to optimize.

For now, I recommend the following in PvE until you get your mist legs:http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vlAQNAscmnXN2gSqJvQR/kbosgyPU4Q5IKYr8EllNFqNAHYB2DsgPk9Lp5NA-jhRDgA97PK/WOFAAm/A1H8q+TyTAUCCA-e

I prioritized inexpensive options for gear that don't cause you to lose much statistically. Some notes:

• I've taken away your shield. it's just... not very good in most situations, as the root from the block will likely leave you in harm's way for a worse attack. Instead, you have an offhand sword for big damage and can use your Staff 3 skill to block. If you're sentimental about the shield like me, take it in place of the staff.
  • As for armor, I've set you up with full Berserker gear. Revenant (especially Herald) has a ton of built-in survivability that should make other gear unnecessary. If you want to err on the side of caution or don't trust your timing, swap in pieces of Marauder gear until you are comfortable.
  • Rotation: In PvE, mostly just keep Facets of Light, Darkness, and Elements up. Use Sword 2, 4, and 5 off CD.
  • If you get mobbed, swap to Jalis, drop Inspiring Reinforcement, and channel Vengeful Hammers, but swap back to Glint as soon as it's off CD. Feel free to quickly channel and consume Facets of Strength or Chaos for the extra damage or knockback, respectively.
  • In the Devastation line, Vicious Lacerations is strictly better than Ferocious Strikes if you're wielding a sword. Maybe even if you aren't.
  • Devastation, Assassin's Presence usually beats out Notoriety in group play.
  • Invocation, Fierce Infusion is rarely necessary as you have better sources of Fury. Take Rising Tide for more damage or Cleansing Channel for condi removal (as you have very little cleanse in the Rev kit)
  • Invocation, Incensed Response in incredible with this build. Just channeling Facet of Darkness is enough to keep you capped at 25 stacks of might while in combat. The other options don't give you anything you don't already have in abundance.
  • Invocation, take Roiling Mists. You'll thank me. Charged Mists is technically superior if you run a perfect rotation with perfect gear, but R.M. will make every hit a crit without you having to think about it.
  • Herald Line, Core Value doesn't give you much, as the Facet of Nature skill doesn't see much use in the current skill balance. Instead, I recommend the extra in-combat speed from Rising Momentum, though Elder's Respite is not bad if you're feeling like you need the extra heals.
  • Herald Grandmaster traits vary greatly depending on the utility you want to provide, but I find the extra damage to be the easiest way to stay alive. Kill it before it finishes winding up that big attack.

And that's it! Hope this helps get you started.

Thank you so much for helping me with this. I am still disappointed that shield doesn't help more, but the staff makes for a better defensive and healing weapon.

@LucianDK.8615 said:Regarding PvE herald. I have the standard setup, but ive never been able to kill champions as some people here says. So I think im not playing right for it.

Because all your DPS came from AA and if you are doding your DPS falls to zero. And because Revenant doesnt have burst it takes time to ramp up. But in sitations where you need dodge a lot you do little to no dmg(if solo). Even reaper can shit out monster DPS within a second. CoreHerald and Renegade arent set up primaly on Power dmg i guess. There is limitation with energy. You cannot afford use anything except AA and then S2 S4 S5(in shiro only). It will drain you out and your dps will fall even more. It's Kinda borring 111211141115 F1 9 111211141115 F1..

Renegade could be pretty good if F2/F3/F4 didnt cost so much. So dont use it. I hope if we get atleast 1 E-spec it will be designed more for Power dmg we get rid of this ultra dumb rotation.

@Catchyfx.5768 said:

@LucianDK.8615 said:Regarding PvE herald. I have the standard setup, but ive never been able to kill champions as some people here says. So I think im not playing right for it.

Because all your DPS came from AA and if you are doding your DPS falls to zero. And because Revenant doesnt have burst it takes time to ramp up. But in sitations where you need dodge a lot you do little to no dmg(if solo). Even reaper can kitten out monster DPS within a second. CoreHerald and Renegade arent set up primaly on Power dmg i guess. There is limitation with energy. You cannot afford use anything except AA and then S2 S4 S5(in shiro only). It will drain you out and your dps will fall even more. It's Kinda borring 111211141115 F1 9 111211141115 F1..

Renegade could be pretty good if F2/F3/F4 didnt cost so much. So dont use it. I hope if we get atleast 1 E-spec it will be designed more for Power dmg we get rid of this ultra dumb rotation.

What second legend did you use? And you dont use any of the legend abilities? Just weapon skills alone cant drain the energy bar.

@LucianDK.8615 said:

Because all your DPS came from AA and if you are doding your DPS falls to zero. And because Revenant doesnt have burst it takes time to ramp up. But in sitations where you need dodge a lot you do little to no dmg(if solo). Even reaper can kitten out monster DPS within a second. CoreHerald and Renegade arent set up primaly on Power dmg i guess. There is limitation with energy. You cannot afford use anything except AA and then S2 S4 S5(in shiro only). It will drain you out and your dps will fall even more. It's Kinda borring 111211141115 F1 9 111211141115 F1..

What second legend did you use? And you dont use any of the legend abilities? Just weapon skills alone cant drain the energy bar.

Shiro - Glint/Jalis

In shiro you use only Impossible Odds and then AA and 2-4-5 if on CDIn Jalis you use Vengeful hammers and on 35-30 Enery Jalis Road (In Jalis dont use any weapon skill only AA you will be out of Enery)Glint is kinda harder but still you want to be in deficit <

If you want good rotation go for Condi rev. There you see that Rev was designed for PvE(Condi) and PvP(Power) if you look at skills. Im still kinda new to Rev mainly in PvP there is hell for me. But PvE im familiar.

Archived