Winds of Disenchantment

Senji.2048

Make the bubble active with full duration only for so long, as the warrior who cast it stays inside the bubble (and not downed). In WvW, I see spellbreakers rushing into enemy blob, casting the skill and then hurriedly getting off with all their invulnerability skills active. I don't hate spellbreakers, nor this skill, I just think it would make the gameplay and squad tactics a bit more interesting. What do you think?

No, it's fine how it currently is.

Warrior is the ultimate burst class in a sense. You can create huge pressure, but you must time it right, otherwise you are useless and simply die. It's true that a Warrior can yolo in and use their cooldowns to drop a bubble (that's the whole point), they may even be able to get out alive, but then they're completely useless for the next minute or so.

Nobody should be dying to a single warrior so it isn't an issue. It must be coordinated with other people.

@"Ferus.3165" said:yeah and make meteor shower only deal damage while the elementalist stays still and keeps casting. Same with all abilites that last a period of time... kitten sometimes people make the most kitten suggestions...

When the kitten hears on TS every second word comming from commanders mouth to be a "bubble", kitten gets annoyed...Btw, elemantalist actualy does the most damage with meteor shower at the begining, while standing still. After few hits, the damage goes quickly low.

@Senji.2048 said:

@"Ferus.3165" said:yeah and make meteor shower only deal damage while the elementalist stays still and keeps casting. Same with all abilites that last a period of time... kitten sometimes people make the most kitten suggestions...

When the kitten hears on TS every second word comming from commanders mouth to be a "bubble", kitten gets annoyed...Btw, elemantalist actualy does the most damage with meteor shower at the begining, while standing still. After few hits, the damage goes quickly low.

Yeah that's the problem. Meteor shower should not deal dmg at all after the cast time!

@ProverbsofHell.2307 said:No, it's fine how it currently is.

Warrior is the ultimate burst class in a sense. You can create huge pressure, but you must time it right, otherwise you are useless and simply die. It's true that a Warrior can yolo in and use their cooldowns to drop a bubble (that's the whole point), they may even be able to get out alive, but then they're completely useless for the next minute or so.

Nobody should be dying to a single warrior so it isn't an issue. It must be coordinated with other people.

what a bunch of crap this comment is.

@zionophir.6845 said:

Please go on, explain why you think so.

@zionophir.6845 said:

Just play the class yourself for a few days. Try it, then come back.

@Miko.4158 said:cast time is brutal. no-one is casting this standing still.-then staying put, you'd be dead as a doornail.

Not staying put, just inside the 360 radius. Nothing would restrict the warrior's movement, the skill would just go off when he leaves the radius. But I agree. Sometimes it's difficult to even cast the skill, due to all the corrupts and interrupts. And the fact, that it's usually casted into middle of the enemy group. But once you manage to cast the skill, you and your squad have only few seconds to make use of that bubble, otherwise the enemy just leave it and avoids the area for the duration of the skill. That means, bubble which is not followed by pressure from the squad is pretty much useless, apart from blocking the area and absorbing projectiles. With the idea I proposed, going solo into enemy blob to cast the skill would be a suicide, of course. But the same way as it is useless now, without no following pressure. The best usage of the bubble is when the whole group is rolling forward. Thus, with people to support the spellbreaker. That's when the enemy die by dozens.

This skill need work but not thatI mean, we are bouble bots in WvW, even if you made Warrior stand in teh bouble, that would just makes us build tank instead of Damage, and they would just stay there, but it wouldn't change the current WvW meta whatsoever

The AoE just needs to be smaller, IMOI don't even play WvW and know how this skill is cancerous there. If the AoE was smaller, the skill would still be really good but it would require more "skill" to use it I guess, you couldn't just place it randomly and still fk everyone

@"mPascoal.4258" said:This skill need work but not thatI mean, we are bouble bots in WvW, even if you made Warrior stand in teh bouble, that would just makes us build tank instead of Damage, and they would just stay there, but it wouldn't change the current WvW meta whatsoever

The AoE just needs to be smaller, IMOI don't even play WvW and know how this skill is cancerous there. If the AoE was smaller, the skill would still be really good but it would require more "skill" to use it I guess, you couldn't just place it randomly and still kitten everyone

you don't even play wvw and you think you know that this skill needs a smaller aoe because of wvw? oh my god the supreme master of logic has shown himself once again...

@Ferus.3165 said:much better option... the bubble moves with the warrior and dies with him.

Yes! And make it insta kill anyone it touches.

@"mPascoal.4258" said:This skill need work but not thatI mean, we are bouble bots in WvW, even if you made Warrior stand in teh bouble, that would just makes us build tank instead of Damage, and they would just stay there, but it wouldn't change the current WvW meta whatsoever

The AoE just needs to be smaller, IMOI don't even play WvW and know how this skill is cancerous there. If the AoE was smaller, the skill would still be really good but it would require more "skill" to use it I guess, you couldn't just place it randomly and still kitten everyone

I wanted to propose something, that wouldn't just change how the skill works, but most of all, how the skill is used. At the moment, warriors in WvW are really just bubble bots. And sometimes it's quite an ungrateful job. The change I described would require giving spellbreakers more support from the squad, would change when and how the skill is used, force the commanders to either fully commit on their order to put down a bubble, or loose that bubble. And of course, nothing would force the warrior to stay inside for the full duration of 10s. After 3 to 5 s it's empty of enemies anyway, at least of those who are still standing.

And I agree. With the skill, how it is now, 240 radius would be enough.

Instead of making the warrior stand in the bubble, make the bubble mobile (glued to the warrior), smaller (null field sized), with no projectile destruction, 5 targets, 45 second cooldown. Then move the reduced power of the bubble into traits, like "Lightning Leaps and Blast Finishers inflict Disenchantment in an AoE for 2 seconds, 4 with Powerful Synergy", "Remove 1 boon per hit from burst crits but not Full Counter, No ICD (sword/longbow spellbreaker anyone?)", etc.

any reduction in aoe must be swapped from cast time. at the moment its quite a big gamble/reward .they don't all go off, and alot of warriors die casting/failing to cast.If it was meta like fb or scourge or even dragon hunter there would be alot in the squadsthere aren't. It gets alot of hate as it doesn't need the combat log to see.

Archived