Kits and auto attack and carpal tunnel

Ordin.9047

I'm getting up there in years and have suffered from carpal tunnel off and on during my gaming years. I really want to use grenade, bomb, and elite mortar kits more often, but the lack of auto attack is a problem for my wrists. Please be kind to us with repetitive wrist injuries and enable the auto attack for all kits.

@Blocki.4931 said:Can't you still manually activate auto attack? CTRL + Mouse 2. You can do that on any skill and will always automatically use them off cooldown

Not for certain kits. Like grenade kit and mortar kit, because they're ground-target AOE you can't do that, but with bomb kit you can because they're not ground target, they're just placed at your feet.

Constantly applying pressure, however small, to a key won't help with wrist pain from CT .

If you turn action cam on, all you need to do is click once on the mouse1 to auto attack and with 2 to 5 skills, you aim with the mouse (which comes up with a cross hair in action cam mode) and then tap the skill once. Instead of holding the key down and then moving the mouse.

@Ordin.9047 said:I'm getting up there in years and have suffered from carpal tunnel off and on during my gaming years. I really want to use grenade, bomb, and elite mortar kits more often, but the lack of auto attack is a problem for my wrists. Please be kind to us with repetitive wrist injuries and enable the auto attack for all kits.

Try using F for the auto attack and C for skill 2. That's what I've been using for 5 years playing core engineer and still do. I know these binds may seem weird, but trust me, they will help you a lot when it comes to using ground-targeted skills that core engineer has with the grenade kit and the mortar kit.

Some good workarounds have been suggested here - thank you! But even with those workarounds, I too would love to see an option for kits like the grenade kit to have skill #1 be truly auto-attack at target location. Skills #2 through #5 should remain targeted, but having #1 have an option to be auto-attack would be wonderful.

@Orion Templar.4589 said:Some good workarounds have been suggested here - thank you! But even with those workarounds, I too would love to see an option for kits like the grenade kit to have skill #1 be truly auto-attack at target location. Skills #2 through #5 should remain targeted, but having #1 have an option to be auto-attack would be wonderful.

You could set the ground targeting to instant located in the options menu. This allows you to hold the auto attack key and you'll throw grenades faster than fast with ranger indicator. Though I wouldn't recommend instant over fast with range indicator because you need to know the explosion radius on the grenades, so it's best to just set the auto attack key to F and skill 2 to C.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived