Achievement Reward need update

Couple of days ago, I was glad to have reached my next achievement milestone - 35.5k. No big deal, since many people has achievement points greater than that. I was very excited for each milestone I reached.. as it goes higher, it is harder to get more points, so each milestones is always something special for me. When I open the reward chest from the achievement milestone however turned me down a little.. all I get from the game as reward getting to this milestone is 2g. … yes 2g... same reward I get when I reached 5.5k ap. :p I honestly think the reward doesn't feel very rewarding and not very encouraging. Also, the reward is repetitive. I am sure....... it can be made better! :) every 10th reward is the same as the next 1oth reward,I think the reward should be staged, especially the liquid gold reward and gem, so that higher achievement point yield greater gold and gem reward.

I'm hitting the daily ap cap in about a week and I actually think the opposite, that it doesn't make sense to have a reward track with no cap when access to progress along the track is capped. Since uncapping ap isn't really up for debate I'd rather see the reward track repeat every 10k or 20k or w/e, instead of building a track with rewards that are -- and will likely forever be -- unattainable . . .

@"Talindra.4958" said:I think the reward should be staged, especially the liquid gold reward and gem, so that higher achievement point yield greater gold and gem reward.

I'm not against this idea, however, I think it could cause problems, as in "forcing" players to do more achievements for these rewards. Now achievements are a totally side activity, unless you want the skins, since their liquid rewards aren't worth it. Even the gems you get every 5k AP aren't much considering how much time you have to spend to get 5k AP. If they added considerably higher rewards for high AP levels, then AP would be something more "essential" to do, which could cause problems. Maybe if there is an increase, but it's rather limited one, it could work. For example +5 gems for every 5k AP or something like that.

edit: and the next major issue with this is that they'd need to make the increase retroactive in order to be fair to those that are already at higher AP levels. Which could mean a massive influx of gold and gems in the economy from all those players combined. Again, not a bad idea, but only if it's done in very small quantities.

@maddoctor.2738 said:

@"Talindra.4958" said:I think the reward should be staged, especially the liquid gold reward and gem, so that higher achievement point yield greater gold and gem reward.

I'm not against this idea, however, I think it could cause problems, as in "forcing" players to do more achievements for these rewards. Now achievements are a totally side activity, unless you want the skins, since their liquid rewards aren't worth it. Even the gems you get every 5k AP aren't much considering how much time you have to spend to get 5k AP. If they added considerably higher rewards for high AP levels, then AP would be something more "essential" to do, which could cause problems. Maybe if there is an increase, but it's rather limited one, it could work. For example +5 gems for every 5k AP or something like that.

edit: and the next major issue with this is that they'd need to make the increase retroactive in order to be fair to those that are already at higher AP levels. Which could mean a massive influx of gold and gems in the economy from all those players combined. Again, not a bad idea, but only if it's done in very small quantities.

we wont become rich from farming ap for sure from what I was hoping they would change. To get every 500 ap or milestone, we are talking about months of work.I have reached the daily ap cap years ago, there on, reaching every milestone we are talking about months of work. Achievement hunting is totally up to player if they wish to do them or not, but I think reward wise, it should be improved such that the reward from the milestones is scaled by reasonable factor so higher milestone gets slightly better gold reward.. eg, every 10k ap, the reward scale up by a small factor. currently the reward is the same through out which is 2 g for each mini milestone.. 2g for each couple of months.

I'm not against the concept that the content of the Massive Achievement Chest should scale with higher AP — the OP is correct that it's awkward to get just 2g for that level of accomplishment. (That also goes for the amounts of karma, MF, etc.)

However... I think it would be a bad use of ANet's time to do this. If ANet changes anything about the reward chests, players are going to be up in arms. Low AP players will complain that they aren't receiving an upgrade and high AP players will complain that it's too little/too late and/or that it just emphasizes how difficult it is to gain AP after certain thresholds.

Instead, if ANet is going to do anything at all with AP rewards, I think it would be better for them to do a lot, including clarifying what the goal of the system is. In other words, I think it's best to either overhaul or leave it alone.

@Talindra.4958 said:we wont become rich from farming ap for sure from what I was hoping they would change.

It's hardly relevant if a single player gets rich from this or not, but what would happen to the entire economy if a few hundred thousand players get an amount of gold (or even worse, gems) without doing anything. Which is why I said a change like this could work only if the scale factor is very very small.

Btw, you get +3% gold find every 5k AP, which means every 5k AP you earn 3% more gold from every kill, which stacks of course, at 35000 you will have +21% gold find.You get 2g every 500 AP, it's 5g every 2.5k AP and 30g + 400 gems every 5k AP. In total you get 51g, 27 laurels and 400 gems every 5k AP.A Laurel has a value of 56 silver, 27 laurels is on average 15g, 400 gem is worth 80g if you sell them and actually save you 120g (if you want to buy them)So at best you get 146g every 5k AP

@Talindra.4958 said:I'm not sure how anet can rework this while it can still make existing players with low/high ap happy .. Also not sure where it would consider a good cut off point for new system. Well I guess if anyone has a brilliant idea do share it here.

my hopes for a large rework are pretty low after 6 years, too. And chances are I would not like the rework since Anet never communicates about updates before they are ready to be released instead of asking veteran players for feedback

@"Ayakaru.6583" said:Maybe after a certain high level rewards should choice at increments of 250 points, then?Since that is about what you get for two living world chapters, aka, 3-6 months of work

The increment is fine. Just the reward need update. There should be different tiered achievement chest, large achievement chest, and massive achievement chest. The first two tiered (10k and 20k chest rewards seems fine at least different reward tiered) as it go higher, it just duplicate from last tier and stay the same for each 5-10k ap.. Getting 2 g reward for achieving an ap milestone above 35k does feel a little awkward ?https://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Achievement_rewards

I’m kind of fine with how it is tbh.

You shouldn’t get more for having more AP, you get a reward for every 500AP milestone you pass. That’s fair.If Anet were to rework AP rewards they should shuffle the skins down (because people moan about the higher 30k+ ones the most!), and add Guaranteed Wardrobe/Weapon/Armor unlocks, Transmutation Charges, Black Lion Keys, Dye Kits, (and whatever else) past the point all Zenith/Pinnacle/Hellfire/Radiantt unlocks, but leave the account bonuses, gold, Laurels and Gems where they are.

Archived