Should "Soulcleaves Summit" Get on par with other legend upkeeps in terms of energy cost

Lucas.3718

Now most Revenant upkeeps got the same treatment in pve, meaning their upkeeps got down to just 1 arrow in the negative area, making legends like shiro or ventari much more stronger and mor versetile. But The renegade upkeep "Soulcleaves Summit" still got 3 arrows in the negative area, making it quite expensive.Every arrow that gets in the negative area, should not be taken lightly for revenant players. So what do you think? Should Renegades elite go down to just 6 arrows of drain energy instead of 8, or is it justified in your opinion?

I think the more important thing would be to reduce the cast cost to 5 energy, the upkeep doesn't feel too horrible but if you recast it for repositioning it hurts quite a bit. Also, there are a couple reasons why the upkeep is fine as it is:

1. Soulcleave's Summit is an elite skill while the upkeep skills of Shiro/Ventari/Jalis are all just regular utility skills.
  2. Soulcleave's Summit is incredibly potent for both damage augmentation and healing capability. An upkeep cost of 6 would allow this effect to be maintained for far too long.

Perhaps a reduction to an upkeep cost of 7 could be warranted, but even that seems a bit low to me.

Like most of the summons, they are good until they get CC'd. Many people argue that for balance but I'd like to see at least this skill be immune to CC. After all, it's an elite with massive upkeep. Also Impossible Odds is still -8 upkeep in WvW and as of now, the overall utility of IO(superspeed) outweighs the lifesteal of a static, interruptable elite.

@lombomon.7268 said:

1. Soulcleave's Summit is an elite skill while the upkeep skills of Shiro/Ventari/Jalis are all just regular utility skills.

Embrace the Darkness also got the same upkeep reduction, and that's an elite too.

That said, as much as I'd selfishly love that, other people are right in that it's one of the most powerful elites in the game, in both power and sustain. Perhaps a lower initial cost could be considered, but otherwise its high upkeep is proportional to its potency.

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:Reduction from 10 energy to 5 energy would be great as well as a slightly shorter cast time, but it’s pretty powerful and less upkeep would probably be broken.

Perhaps less upkeep in pvp/wvw, though, because it’s useless there. That and stability on spirits would help Kalla a lot

Change All For One to grant stabliity as well as protection?

@Lahmia.2193 said:

@LucianTheAngelic.7054 said:Reduction from 10 energy to 5 energy would be great as well as a slightly shorter cast time, but it’s pretty powerful and less upkeep would probably be broken.

Perhaps less upkeep in pvp/wvw, though, because it’s useless there. That and stability on spirits would help Kalla a lot

Change All For One to grant stabliity as well as protection?

I thought about that as well, but it doesn’t really solve the problem entirely. Shortbow certainly needs help as well (in competitive) so it would suck to have to give up the piercing/damage trait to get stability for Kalla summons. Also Kalla summons do get knocked around in PvE in some encounters, so having to lose damage to gain the stability in those situations would also suck. It really ought to just be a baseline effect added to the spirits. I don’t think it has to be a crazy amount; hell one stack would be better than what we have now

Archived