Tired of Tequatl Cheating

For a long time now, Tequatl has been cheating.

I generally play a squishy Tempest. I lose health FAST when I get caught in one of Tequatls' orange circles. As a Tempest, I learned early how to dodge out of harm's way as quickly as possible.

My problem is that Tequatls' orange "warning" circles don't appear on the ground until I have already lost at least half of my health. I am quick to dodge when I see my health suddenly dropping, even before the circle appears. But since I never see the circle until I'm halfway dead, I sometimes wind up dodging DEEPER into the area of effect. Not fun.

I have a pretty new, pretty good computer that plays at 3840 x 2160 resolution and maximum graphics settings (except for Postprocessing, of course, which has been a really ugly-looking effect since GW1) without experiencing lag. I rarely have complaints about my Internet connection. So I'm pretty sure the problem is not on my end.

The Tequatl fight is the only place I run into this. No other large group events give me a problem of this sort. Please fix it so the orange damage circles are a proper "get out of there!" warning again, and not just a graphical afterthought.

Archived