The Joys of Fighting Mirage

Huskyboy.1053

@StabbersTheThird.6053 said:People think the problem is mirage power level. And not anything about the design of it.

I don't even think it's that. People are just tired of Mesmer/Chrono/Mirage based builds being ultra dominant every single season, regardless of the reason why. Arenanet is taking too long to flatten out this problem and it's forming a mentality where players could care less if a Mirage patch was properly or improperly done, they just want to see some amputation to its over performance.

@Trevor Boyer.6524 said:

@StabbersTheThird.6053 said:People think the problem is mirage power level. And not anything about the design of it.

I don't even think it's that. People are just tired of Mesmer/Chrono/Mirage based builds being ultra dominant every single season, regardless of the reason why. Arenanet is taking too long to flatten out this problem and it's forming a mentality where players could care less if a Mirage patch was properly or improperly done, they just want to see some amputation to its over performance.

This doesn't really say anything tbh. I want to be able to hit them, idc about the damage.

You play Berserker with LB and wanna prove anything? I mean ofc condi and hybrid Mirage need some nerfs but this is just cringe... Mirage will be fine when they finally double the cd of illusionary ambush and axe 3, give staff only one phantasm, same as for the greatsword trait (only one phantasm and give some other boni for that). lower the condi application (icd on ineptitude, slight nerf of staff, axe, scepter ambushskills from mesmer and clones). This has to go hand in hand with a lot of nerfs of other classes who are as equaly broken as condi/hybrid Mirage. I mean Holo is a joke of balance, Powernecro dmg is a little bit out of hand atm (also the passive dmg procs have to go), Meditationguard way to braindead for the reward it gives (too high too easy to apply dmg with way too high sustain), axespam boonsoulbeast and so on. It is not even near understandable why mesmer gets so much more hate than everything else in meta.

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:"While thieves, and by extension daredevils, are intended to be slippery combatants, the escape potential for this trait was a little too high."

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/14429/game-release-notes-november-7-2017

And yet we have mirage lol

Can mirage and thieves exchange unhindered combatant for EM, of course, with that change physical skills and signet will net you 0 endurance and mirage deception skills will give endurance.So have we a deal?!

@Zawn.9647 said:

@Dawdler.8521 said:As opposed to the joy of fighting a warrior you cant get below 80% hp because of dat skillfull passive hp regen.

at least you can hit a warrior... and not waste 1/3 of the fight chasing clones or tab targetting to find the real one :/

Weird, i know which one is the player like 99% of the fight... l2p issue detected. The only annoying things are the retargeting skills on way too short cd. Instead Anet nerfed Powermes...

@Huskyboy.1053 said:I made a short video showing what it's like to try to hit a mirage through all the visual clutter. I did not have fun. Thanks to @"Lora.2905" for the help.

I am not sure what is the purpose of this video or what it proves. You are fighting a mirage with a weapon focused on single target damage in a severely underpowered build. You could use the same build against almost any meta build and the result would be the same.

@otto.5684 said:

@Huskyboy.1053 said:I made a short video showing what it's like to try to hit a mirage through all the visual clutter. I did not have fun. Thanks to @"Lora.2905" for the help.

I am not sure what is the purpose of this video or what it proves. You are fighting a mirage with a weapon focused on single target damage in a severely underpowered build. You could use the same build against almost any meta build and the result would be the same.

The mirage also happens to be running reflect on dodge trait just to counter his longbow. Great video.

@otto.5684 said:

& i thought i was the only one that could tell.Could you tell despite the mesmer player making obvious move easily identified but the warrior was targeting only Clones as well? Like really? He could 'nt tell who was who?

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@"Crab Fear.1624" said:"While thieves, and by extension daredevils, are intended to be slippery combatants, the escape potential for this trait was a little too high."

And yet we have mirage lol

Can mirage and thieves exchange unhindered combatant for EM, of course, with that change physical skills and signet will net you 0 endurance and mirage deception skills will give endurance.So have we a deal?!

No, while EM should have some exhaustion tied to it, mirage cloak should not work on stun/launch/push period.

I didn't attack the trait EM, I said mirage as a whole.

The whole concept starting with their dodge mechanic is very unhealthy for the game.

Most of the e-specs that came with PoF are unhealthy for the game. But, Mirage is the champion of unfair.

It's not a learn to play issue when you got high plat 2 and legendary level players saying what is busted (mirage).

It's been a year, mesmer has been on top. Now t's time for anet to bring them back to earth.

4 e-specs greatly contributed to another mass exodus in pvp (SpB,Holo,Mirage, Scourge)....i'll just say FB was a collaborator because they are pretty much garbage on their own.

You guys that champion and defend these specs are driving more and more players away.

I am not saying that other classes are not annoying (DE, SB), but they are not game changers.

@Vieux P.1238 said:

& i thought i was the only one that could tell.Could you tell despite the mesmer player making obvious move easily identified but the warrior was targeting only Clones as well? Like really? He could 'nt tell who was who?

I'll respond to this since there are a lot of comments saying the same thing: condi berserker is underpowered, but not egregiously so. It's valuable versus rev, though in general it's true that I wouldn't take this in most matchups, I was testing out various condi warrior builds as I have a friend who wants to be more competitive versus revs in Conquest.

As for me not being able to tell who is who, yeah I can tell the difference when the mesmer isn't stealthed, and I can more easily identify them when I'm watching a video as opposed to being engaged in a fight where I have part of my brain focusing on avoiding damage. Simply because I don't have the actual mesmer targeted doesn't mean I'm unaware of which is which, it just means that I'm focused on doing something like striking clones to gain adrenaline (since the mesmer has reflect or mirage cloak on).

This is great videoThis is exactly how its looks like... now add necromancer, deadeye or another mirage and tell me how to fight in that mess with warrior.. good video! It's pretty much highlight issue.

.. even spellbreaker can't kill mirage unless it's really bad mirage.Same for Thief. Thief must be incredible bad to even allow warrior to touch him.

I thing it belong to warrior forum but......Warrior is realy sux pvp. Core war underperform a lot against elite specs (no surprise). Berserker is total useless. And spellbreaker is nerfed so hard and other classes are boosted so mutch that warrior just sux in pvp no matter what build you play of how good u are.

Even guardian and ranger is now more warrior than warrior. And necromancer was always problem for war ..

Whats left... ? elementalist and potato.. good luck to find any in spvp...

Fact is easiest kill for good warrior is other warrior...

I thing they went too far with defence nerfs. And berserker need total rework.

Off topic:

! Warrior is bad even in pve. Classic axe/axe/gs with banners deal so low dmg. And there i talk about theoretical golem dmg - in real - because u are melee without range option its even worst.. Only reason why warrior is allowed to participate in "high-end" pve are banners...

BTW:All players who cry about that warrior is too powerful are players who kill them self with reflect / counter or they get killed with simple combo bull charge+hundred blades.. - no comment :/

@"Luna.6203" said:This is great videoThis is exactly how its looks like... now add necromancer, deadeye or another mirage and tell me how to fight in that mess with warrior.. good video! It's pretty much highlight issue.

.. even spellbreaker can't kill mirage unless it's really bad mirage.Same for Thief. Thief must be incredible bad to even allow warrior to touch him.

I thing it belong to warrior forum but......Warrior is realy sux pvp. Core war underperform a lot against elite specs (no surprise). Berserker is total useless. And spellbreaker is nerfed so hard and other classes are boosted so mutch that warrior just sux in pvp no matter what build you play of how good u are.

Even guardian and ranger is now more warrior than warrior. And necromancer was always problem for war ..

I thing they went too far with defence nerfs. And berserker need total rework.

Off topic:

! Warrior is bad even in pve. Classic axe/axe/gs with banners deal so low dmg. And there i talk about theoretical golem dmg - in real - because u are melee without range option its even worst.. Only reason why warrior is allowed to participate in "high-end" pve are banners...

BTW:
All players who cry about that warrior is too powerful are players who kill them self with reflect / counter or they get killed with simple combo bull charge+hundred blades..
- no comment :/

but spellbreaker can decap a point once and deny it from being retaken by 2-4 players depending on skill. maybe not so good at chase and kill i don't really have a comment. but if they white a point, or take it, good luck taking it from one

@bravan.3876 said:You play Berserker with LB and wanna prove anything? I mean ofc condi and hybrid Mirage need some nerfs but this is just cringe... Mirage will be fine when they finally double the cd of illusionary ambush and axe 3, give staff only one phantasm, same as for the greatsword trait (only one phantasm and give some other boni for that). lower the condi application (icd on ineptitude, slight nerf of staff, axe, scepter ambushskills from mesmer and clones). This has to go hand in hand with a lot of nerfs of other classes who are as equaly broken as condi/hybrid Mirage. I mean Holo is a joke of balance, Powernecro dmg is a little bit out of hand atm (also the passive dmg procs have to go), Meditationguard way to braindead for the reward it gives (too high too easy to apply dmg with way too high sustain), axespam boonsoulbeast and so on. It is not even near understandable why mesmer gets so much more hate than everything else in meta.

AHAHA you have to be kidding you want reaper to be nerfed? lol they got little to no sustain outside reaper shroud and thats already easy to counter, and chill got nerfed by 30% so nope, nothing will come close to as broken as mesmer.

@Axl.8924 said:

@bravan.3876 said:You play Berserker with LB and wanna prove anything? I mean ofc condi and hybrid Mirage need some nerfs but this is just cringe... Mirage will be fine when they finally double the cd of illusionary ambush and axe 3, give staff only one phantasm, same as for the greatsword trait (only one phantasm and give some other boni for that). lower the condi application (icd on ineptitude, slight nerf of staff, axe, scepter ambushskills from mesmer and clones). This has to go hand in hand with a lot of nerfs of other classes who are as equaly broken as condi/hybrid Mirage. I mean Holo is a joke of balance, Powernecro dmg is a little bit out of hand atm (also the passive dmg procs have to go), Meditationguard way to braindead for the reward it gives (too high too easy to apply dmg with way too high sustain), axespam boonsoulbeast and so on. It is not even near understandable why mesmer gets so much more hate than everything else in meta.

AHAHA you have to be kidding you want reaper to be nerfed? lol they got little to no sustain outside reaper shroud and thats already, and its easy to counter, and chill got nerfed by 30% so nope, nothing will come close to as broken as mesmer.

Reaper is in a good spot. Lesser Spinal Shiver was absolutely ridiculous before the nerf, it could crit for over 3k. Passive traits should never do that. But they nerfed it and now it's reasonable. I do think that the quickness trait was overkill but I'm happy with where Reaper is now after the most recent patch.

@Crab Fear.1624 said:

@"Luna.6203" said:This is great videoThis is exactly how its looks like... now add necromancer, deadeye or another mirage and tell me how to fight in that mess with warrior.. good video! It's pretty much highlight issue.

I thing they went too far with defence nerfs.
And berserker need total rework.

Off topic:

BTW:
All players who cry about that warrior is too powerful are players who kill them self with reflect / counter or they get killed with simple combo bull charge+hundred blades..

but spellbreaker can decap a point once and deny it from being retaken by 2-4 players depending on skill.

Maybe half year ago before all nerf on defence trait line happend. 2-4 players ? You can't be more far from truth. U can see in video just one player mirage rips you out... 2 players maybe if they are bad and not so good combo like scourge and guard. 3 ? no way 4 ? maybe in dream. Furthermore U can't just hold point .. you have to move all time to target or disengage but you have to move. Plus if you want to block and counter. U can do that only against one player.. You have no cooldowns not do it more often.. And without that u will die in 2-3 sec just like any other class. So warrior is usually extra bad in mass pvp. I think Anet want to make warrior to be more offensive with all defence nerfs. I thing sure why not make berserkers proper offensive warrior... otherwise we have only one option and that is sustain spellbreaker/def/disc.. If you thing its to hard to kill that warrior ok give us another option...

Again we have only one viable build and that one is nerfed to ground so we have zero viable builds ... gg

Look at mirage in video.. and compare damage + survivability - It's disgusting. Warrior can only dream about that.

But i don't want to go too far from original topic... You can visit warrior forum..

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/56984/help-vs-thieves-and-mesmers

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/53431/do-something-with-power-berserker-already

etc.. https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/categories/warrior

*I just wanted to say that video is very accurate and i'm glad someone revealed that S.** Also that video is made from perspective of warrior. I play warrior as main and know that frustration very well.. Its not fun its not fair and its should be considered in next balance patch.

@Luna.6203 said:

@Luna.6203 said:This is great videoThis is exactly how its looks like... now add necromancer, deadeye or another mirage and tell me how to fight in that mess with warrior.. good video! It's pretty much highlight issue.

I thing they went too far with defence nerfs.
And berserker need total rework.

Off topic:

BTW:

but spellbreaker can decap a point once and deny it from being retaken by 2-4 players depending on skill.

Maybe half year ago before all nerf on defence trait line happend. 2-4 players ? You can't be more far from truth. U can see in video just one player mirage rips you out... 2 players maybe if they are bad and not so good combo like scourge and guard. 3 ? no way 4 ? maybe in dream. Furthermore U can't just hold point .. you have to move all time to target or disengage but you have to move. Plus if you want to block and counter. U can do that only against one player.. You have no cooldowns not do it more often.. And without that u will die in 2-3 sec just like any other class. So warrior is usually extra bad in mass pvp. I think Anet want to make warrior to be more offensive with all defence nerfs. I thing sure why not make berserkers proper offensive warrior... otherwise we have only one option and that is sustain spellbreaker/def/disc.. If you thing its to hard to kill that warrior ok give us another option...

Again we have only one viable build and that one is nerfed to ground so we have zero viable builds ... gg

Look at mirage in video.. and compare damage + survivability - It's disgusting. Warrior can only dream about that.

But i don't want to go too far from original topic... You can visit warrior forum..

etc..

I just wanted to say that video is very accurate and i'm glad someone revealed that S
.** Also that video is made from perspective of warrior. I play warrior as main and know that frustration very well.. Its not fun its not fair and its should be considered in next balance patch.

they were dueling. if huskyboy wanted to avoid the damage and hold the point he could have easily.

running head onto a mirage is gonna end badly for a lot of people

@Huskyboy.1053 said:

I'll respond to this since there are a lot of comments saying the same thing: condi berserker is underpowered, but not egregiously so. It's valuable versus rev, though in general it's true that I wouldn't take this in most matchups, I was testing out various condi warrior builds as I have a friend who wants to be more competitive versus revs in Conquest.

Then you should of not use this video as an example. Especially when it's obvious it was bad play & letting yourself killed that killed you. & not the mesmer. Promote propaganda that Warriors aka spellbreaker this season is under power vs Mesmers Is not an excuse to have it nerf. Warriors is far from weak. Far from it. Power & Condi warrior build carves threw all Clones/illusions in one AA from it's weapon as all AoE's as well. Clones just pops like balloons before they can even reach a warrior. & no good mesmer player takes more then Torch 4 (Prestige) a 3sec stealth that has a 30 sec CD to be invisible. Not unless the mesmer player want to lose some very important utilities. So the mesmer always stealthed excuse does not hold up either. & lastly, ALL good player can detect by one glance witch is witch when it comes to a clone & players. There movement are so different. Unless that mesmer player stays completely still witch happens very few times. It don't take more then one look.So in all i don't accept your answer & i'm pretty sure others feels the same.

Archived