please stop duelling in WvW!! — Guild Wars 2 Forums

please stop duelling in WvW!!

Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

There is a time and a place for everything
WvW is NOT the time, and it is NOT the place for it.

I constantly run into fights in wvw, I see people from my server fighting people from other servers.
So I join in, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU DO IN SERVER vs SERVER.
The result is always; the people from my server stop fighting, and watch as I get slaughtered by the enemy.

I tell them to help me kill the enemy server's players, but they refuse, because apparantly 'i've interrupted a private fight'.
In every sense of the word, that is treason, or betrayal, or whatever word you want to give it.
Newsflash, you're in WvW, there are no private fights, you are a member of your server, and if I see members of my server fighting members of other servers,
I will attempt to help them kill the enemies.
You are representing your server in WvW, if you don't want to WvW, then don't come into WvW maps.

There's a lobby in PvP where you can fight freely with other players to your hearts contents.

To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
..jormag? Who's that?

<13456

Comments

  • @Ovalkvadratcylinder.9365 said:
    just like u can choose to hit anything and anyone, anyone cna decide not to help you out.. get over it

    [JEEP] [IH] [HUNT] | Necromancer | Maguuma | Diamond Legend
    You've got those dangerous eyes ... ♫

  • Gemnaid.4219Gemnaid.4219 Member ✭✭✭

    Wait for them to down. Then don’t let them rez.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Magi.5647 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    if it is red, it is dead.

    Nailed it. I've seen "duelers" break off from duels to kill solo people running by to get to their group. Best not to wonder what any particular dueler's specific code of conduct is. Just kill everyone.

    What do you mean, for the next solo player I meet on random I'm gonna yell "THIS IS NOT THE TIME OR THE PLACE!!!" and assume that his chivalric code prevent him from laying a hand on me.

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • geist.4126geist.4126 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2018

    Just roll over them repeatedly. If they want to duel there are two great spots. The windmill in the alpine borderlands and obsidian sanctum.

  • No.

    Body is 8 characters too short.

  • Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    The result is always; the people from my server stop fighting, and watch as I get slaughtered by the enemy.

    Sounds like the definition of insanity. Maybe you should get coordinated with what the rest of the people on your team are doing if you want to be a true team player.

  • zinkz.7045zinkz.7045 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2018

    @TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:
    But hey, go for it, most duelers are bored anyway, giving us a target to spam kill is always fun, the salty PMs keep us going.

    If you like salty PMs then you should try ganking people in a duel, then /laugh over them as you've killed them for the third time, literally the saltiest PMs I've ever got.

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    So you guys are adamant about wanting to have private duels in wvw zones.
    Then the only way to “fix” this, as I see it, would be to dedicate the obsidian sanctum as a duel zone.

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Lynnie.7213Lynnie.7213 Member ✭✭✭

    You sound so triggered. Maybe ask Anet to finally introduce the duel option in any place of the game so WvW won't have those anymore. I see your picture and you are a warrior, are the one i left to die when "you" interrupted my duel last night? lol

    DONEE - Youtube
    https://youtube.com/donee

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    So you guys are adamant about wanting to have private duels in wvw zones.
    Then the only way to “fix” this, as I see it, would be to dedicate the obsidian sanctum as a duel zone.

    People can already go to OS, and the EOTM arena for this. They choose to stay in WvW. They take a risk, in that if someone who can actually fight comes upon them, they might get stomped,

    >

    They can, they choose not to. Instead, they choose to be very toxic when i (try to) help them kill enemies.

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Faaris.8013Faaris.8013 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Magi.5647 said:

    @Sovereign.1093 said:
    if it is red, it is dead.

    Nailed it. I've seen "duelers" break off from duels to kill solo people running by to get to their group. Best not to wonder what any particular dueler's specific code of conduct is. Just kill everyone.

    It took me a while in WvW to be cool enough to ignore enemy players or duels when they are no threat, but these people really suck. You just run and ignore their duel because if you engage you get flamed, and then you get shot in the back. Everybody knows the spot for duels, but there's also a Guard nearby and maybe people just want to claim that land. I don't bother attacking people who just want to get their daily vet kill either.

    In my opinion, these duelists are GW2's auto scooter dudes. They just hang around the duelling area and seek trouble ^^

  • Widmo.3186Widmo.3186 Member ✭✭✭

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    There is a time and a place for everything
    WvW is NOT the time, and it is NOT the place for it.

    Oh boi, someone is going to tell me what to do in open world, where youre not assigned to any party/raid group (PvE-wise) or team (PvP-wise).
    Sorry, but if someone wants to, then he can just simply use Quaggan Tonic and walk from bottom of the map to the top.

    There are some rules in this world that arent written anywhere, but ppl know and respect them. Sometimes more of them, sometimes less, but they do.
    Ppl that play WvW knows whats the deal with duelers and if they want to, they can interrupt (which can end with some insults, but that just happens) or not.

    Sorry, world is not ideal.

    Dont mind me, I just randomly spam 35 skill-buttons

  • Israel.7056Israel.7056 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Treason lol

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:

    @Strider Pj.2193 said:

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    So you guys are adamant about wanting to have private duels in wvw zones.
    Then the only way to “fix” this, as I see it, would be to dedicate the obsidian sanctum as a duel zone.

    People can already go to OS, and the EOTM arena for this. They choose to stay in WvW. They take a risk, in that if someone who can actually fight comes upon them, they might get stomped,

    >

    They can, they choose not to. Instead, they choose to be very toxic when i (try to) help them kill enemies.

    They do? You have done this more than once and expect a differing result?

    In the cases where I am not sure and I jump in, it's usually pretty clear when my server mate steps back. I then retreat as well realizing it's a duel.

    Normally, the other leaves members at that point. Maybe try that next time?

    Again, they take a risk as well, often they get steamrolled by the Zerg. Life goes on.

    Respawn and move on.

  • Colly.4073Colly.4073 Member ✭✭✭

    Give people an option to enter duels in pve it's a simple implementation, as for WvW...it's a dead/dying game mode.

    Roaming has all been killed off and all that's left is a mind numbingly boring blob fest, if that's the only place that people can go to 1v1/duel then they have every right to.

  • Jski.6180Jski.6180 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Please stop chasing down one person with a zerg?

    See ELE forms and you will get my views.

  • Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 6, 2018

    There is something called Obsidian Sanctum where they can go an duel to their heart's content.
    If you get beaten OP and your server guy doesn't help, here's a sly thing i can suggest you can do to kitten them off.
    Make a thief and hide close to where they battle, but where your server player can not see you.
    If your server guy gets the other guy down, shadowstep in and stomp the enemy.
    Do this a few times and they'll leave. Your player will rant in chat but who cares.

    Edit: Its even more funny when the 2 dueling are from different servers and are like "kitten stomp me"

  • WJHB.8130WJHB.8130 Member ✭✭

    Although you are entitled to your cheap kill, remember that WvW has been created over many years. The community essentially dictates ethics of the game, and thus have a right to call you out for breaking ethical code.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018

    Do what you want but becareful of the effect.

    ex.

    i see ppl fighting, i kill the other. didnt know was duel. now that guy pms kills me or tries.

    me being me, i dont respond, and just goes on with life. killing the enemy.

    but others may not have the stomach for it. ppl do dish out salty pms. so, if they do, just block. if they hunt you down, you can go hide in groups or be better and keep killing him (my suggested method l2play better)

    but if you find it too much, maybe, wvw is not for you.

    kill all enemies. that is the one law. it is a pk zone.

    in the end.

    do what favors you. or dont do it at all. besides, all of these things will eventually pass.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭

    I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW dueling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP...but I dont even bother trying to fight people dueling anymore, cause I know my "allies" will just watch as the enemy players 1v5 me...from my experiece 60% or more of the "duelers" will kill solo players(roamers) as they pass by, 100% will happen if you try to take the sentry that they are near...this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

  • aspirine.6852aspirine.6852 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Brutal Augus.5917 said:
    I bought the game I do what I want

    ^^ This. Let them duel, you do not hear them complain when you kill their opponent do you?

  • Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭

    @WraithOfStealth.1624 said:
    I shouldn't even reply to this kind of comment, but it's too ridiculous to pass up on... I really lose hope for the future of WvW when i see that people actually think like this. (If it's not a troll, which it almost has to be right?)

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW duelling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP

    Banning people duelling, yeah i'm SURE Anet will consider this... If only those mean duellers would join you and wipe everybody 5v1, 5v2, etc. so you could feel good about yourself!

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

    So it does bother you. Just imagine feeling the need to spawn camp people doing their own thing because they wouldn't die to you while outnumbered.

    Duelers aint helping at all your server to win the match, this is why i said, if the game mode were serious, it should be treated as match manipulation...and no, it dosent bother me to get ganked 1v5 to duelers when I am trying to just take the sentry or just passing by, but it does bother me read 15 times on map chat people complaining about getting ganked over and over by said "duelers".

  • Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW dueling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP...but I dont even bother trying to fight people dueling anymore, cause I know my "allies" will just watch as the enemy players 1v5 me...from my experiece 60% or more of the "duelers" will kill solo players(roamers) as they pass by, 100% will happen if you try to take the sentry that they are near...this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

    If it was a little more serious, theoretically, how exactly would you tell the difference between a duel and two players engaging 1v1?

    Like, theoretically, if I was in the zerg and saw a sentry thinking "I'll just take a quick detour" and meet an enemy there that also was outside his zerg, we fight and then my zerg run past but the commander ignores me and all his zerglings of course follow... can I report the entire zerg and have them banned for not helping me? Cause what they did would be classed as match manipulation, intentionally aiding a duel instead of engaging in 50v1 as the rules would stipulate they have to. Or are they suppose to report me for leaving the proximity of the zerg?

    Wait, wait... As a commander, can I report and ban anyone not following me? Because you never know if he's running off to a be a dueller. This will avoid and preempt the diffuse situation above. Simply create an automated system that give you 1 minute to get within 600 range of a commander, otherwise you get banned. The timer starts ticking every time you leave the radius. Commanding pug zergs solved!!

    ...i mean, you see 5 people of each server circle jerking each other while 2 keep fighting...is really easy to tell who are the duelers and who is just roaming...you guys are overthinking this, is kind of ridiculous lol i know some of you like your dueling and stuff, just saying, there are better places to do that.

  • MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @WraithOfStealth.1624 said:
    I shouldn't even reply to this kind of comment, but it's too ridiculous to pass up on... I really lose hope for the future of WvW when i see that people actually think like this. (If it's not a troll, which it almost has to be right?)

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW duelling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP

    Banning people duelling, yeah i'm SURE Anet will consider this... If only those mean duellers would join you and wipe everybody 5v1, 5v2, etc. so you could feel good about yourself!

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

    So it does bother you. Just imagine feeling the need to spawn camp people doing their own thing because they wouldn't die to you while outnumbered.

    Duelers aint helping at all your server to win the match, this is why i said, if the game mode were serious, it should be treated as match manipulation

    they do keep certain opposing players busy so they do help. maybe it is not efficient if the opposing players cannot contribute more than themselves but if playing inefficient is matchmanipulation, then you could ban everyone.

  • Dawdler.8521Dawdler.8521 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW dueling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP...but I dont even bother trying to fight people dueling anymore, cause I know my "allies" will just watch as the enemy players 1v5 me...from my experiece 60% or more of the "duelers" will kill solo players(roamers) as they pass by, 100% will happen if you try to take the sentry that they are near...this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

    If it was a little more serious, theoretically, how exactly would you tell the difference between a duel and two players engaging 1v1?

    Like, theoretically, if I was in the zerg and saw a sentry thinking "I'll just take a quick detour" and meet an enemy there that also was outside his zerg, we fight and then my zerg run past but the commander ignores me and all his zerglings of course follow... can I report the entire zerg and have them banned for not helping me? Cause what they did would be classed as match manipulation, intentionally aiding a duel instead of engaging in 50v1 as the rules would stipulate they have to. Or are they suppose to report me for leaving the proximity of the zerg?

    Wait, wait... As a commander, can I report and ban anyone not following me? Because you never know if he's running off to a be a dueller. This will avoid and preempt the diffuse situation above. Simply create an automated system that give you 1 minute to get within 600 range of a commander, otherwise you get banned. The timer starts ticking every time you leave the radius. Commanding pug zergs solved!!

    ...i mean, you see 5 people of each server circle jerking each other while 2 keep fighting...is really easy to tell who are the duelers and who is just roaming...you guys are overthinking this, is kind of ridiculous lol i know some of you like your dueling and stuff, just saying, there are better places to do that.

    It's easy for you to see it from your point of view. When you are asking to make it a bannable offense, you're either getting an automated system or someone else to verify the report. And how is someone else suppose to know what you think is a duel is actually a duel?

    With this as a bannable offense, one can literally report anyone doing 1v1 because maybe I consider that dueling. Because I have my own definition of what a duel is.

    Someone jumping off a tower to kill a random guy on a cata? Report both for dueling.
    Someone taking a sentry and getting stealth attacked by a random thief? Report both for dueling.
    Someone rushing to defend a camp someone is taking? Report both for dueling.
    Someone walking out a keep door and accidentally walk into an enemy? Report both for dueling.

    That's how it would work.

    You cant have open world PvP and then put arbitrary limitations on that PvP at the same time and expect people to love it. We've been through this before.

    "Dont violate my gameplay mode" - Anet rep in regards to GvG

    Dont look a gift Asura in the mouth.
    No seriously, dont. Shark teeth.

  • anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018

    @MUDse.7623 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @WraithOfStealth.1624 said:
    I shouldn't even reply to this kind of comment, but it's too ridiculous to pass up on... I really lose hope for the future of WvW when i see that people actually think like this. (If it's not a troll, which it almost has to be right?)

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW duelling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP

    Banning people duelling, yeah i'm SURE Anet will consider this... If only those mean duellers would join you and wipe everybody 5v1, 5v2, etc. so you could feel good about yourself!

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

    So it does bother you. Just imagine feeling the need to spawn camp people doing their own thing because they wouldn't die to you while outnumbered.

    Duelers aint helping at all your server to win the match, this is why i said, if the game mode were serious, it should be treated as match manipulation

    they do keep certain opposing players busy so they do help. maybe it is not efficient if the opposing players cannot contribute more than themselves but if playing inefficient is matchmanipulation, then you could ban everyone.

    taking one of the limited slots from the WvW queue to play Arena in WvW could be considered match manipulation the same as staying in respawn in a spvp match. You not only are wasting an spot but also forbidding other player probably more helpful than you to play with his friends.

    Killing other players should not provide participation and if you don't earn participation should be kicked from game for inactivity. enemy players should join the same guild to play Arena and stop wasting the limited spots from wvw.

    Aliances should fix a bit this, i hope.

  • MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @anduriell.6280 said:

    @MUDse.7623 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @WraithOfStealth.1624 said:
    I shouldn't even reply to this kind of comment, but it's too ridiculous to pass up on... I really lose hope for the future of WvW when i see that people actually think like this. (If it's not a troll, which it almost has to be right?)

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW duelling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP

    Banning people duelling, yeah i'm SURE Anet will consider this... If only those mean duellers would join you and wipe everybody 5v1, 5v2, etc. so you could feel good about yourself!

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

    So it does bother you. Just imagine feeling the need to spawn camp people doing their own thing because they wouldn't die to you while outnumbered.

    Duelers aint helping at all your server to win the match, this is why i said, if the game mode were serious, it should be treated as match manipulation

    they do keep certain opposing players busy so they do help. maybe it is not efficient if the opposing players cannot contribute more than themselves but if playing inefficient is matchmanipulation, then you could ban everyone.

    taking one of the limited slots from the WvW queue to play Arena in WvW could be considered match manipulation the same as staying in respawn in a spvp match. You not only are wasting an spot but also forbidding other player probably more helpful than you to play with his friends.

    standing in spawn you dont bind other players. a dueller is more efficient than a scout in a tower that is not getting attacked all day.

    earlier today 2 people tried to build a cata on a tower, i killed them both before they shot once. now they wasted supplies and i got points for killing them. their contribuiton is only binding me for a brief moment, if i was in a duell an opponent could have done the same without granting my world some score

    as for more helpful..
    many people play very inefficient builds or just bad should they also just get reported for matchmanipulation?
    if the map is not full do you still need to play efficient?

  • Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Dawdler.8521 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW dueling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP...but I dont even bother trying to fight people dueling anymore, cause I know my "allies" will just watch as the enemy players 1v5 me...from my experiece 60% or more of the "duelers" will kill solo players(roamers) as they pass by, 100% will happen if you try to take the sentry that they are near...this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

    If it was a little more serious, theoretically, how exactly would you tell the difference between a duel and two players engaging 1v1?

    Like, theoretically, if I was in the zerg and saw a sentry thinking "I'll just take a quick detour" and meet an enemy there that also was outside his zerg, we fight and then my zerg run past but the commander ignores me and all his zerglings of course follow... can I report the entire zerg and have them banned for not helping me? Cause what they did would be classed as match manipulation, intentionally aiding a duel instead of engaging in 50v1 as the rules would stipulate they have to. Or are they suppose to report me for leaving the proximity of the zerg?

    Wait, wait... As a commander, can I report and ban anyone not following me? Because you never know if he's running off to a be a dueller. This will avoid and preempt the diffuse situation above. Simply create an automated system that give you 1 minute to get within 600 range of a commander, otherwise you get banned. The timer starts ticking every time you leave the radius. Commanding pug zergs solved!!

    ...i mean, you see 5 people of each server circle jerking each other while 2 keep fighting...is really easy to tell who are the duelers and who is just roaming...you guys are overthinking this, is kind of ridiculous lol i know some of you like your dueling and stuff, just saying, there are better places to do that.

    It's easy for you to see it from your point of view. When you are asking to make it a bannable offense, you're either getting an automated system or someone else to verify the report. And how is someone else suppose to know what you think is a duel is actually a duel?

    With this as a bannable offense, one can literally report anyone doing 1v1 because maybe I consider that dueling. Because I have my own definition of what a duel is.

    Someone jumping off a tower to kill a random guy on a cata? Report both for dueling.
    Someone taking a sentry and getting stealth attacked by a random thief? Report both for dueling.
    Someone rushing to defend a camp someone is taking? Report both for dueling.
    Someone walking out a keep door and accidentally walk into an enemy? Report both for dueling.

    That's how it would work.

    You cant have open world PvP and then put arbitrary limitations on that PvP at the same time and expect people to love it. We've been through this before.

    "Dont violate my gameplay mode" - Anet rep in regards to GvG

    and thats why I said, "if WvW was a serious mode..." which is not...and your examples are pretty bad, you clearly playing ignorant here...point is, duelers should pick better places to do their thing, south sentry on alpine borderland is not a good place.

  • Chaba.5410Chaba.5410 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    Duelers aint helping at all your server to win the match .... 15 times on map chat people complaining about getting ganked over and over by said "duelers".

    So duelers ARE helping out with the match by preventing reinforcements from returning to the main force! SMH

  • Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭

    @Chaba.5410 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    Duelers aint helping at all your server to win the match .... 15 times on map chat people complaining about getting ganked over and over by said "duelers".

    So duelers ARE helping out with the match by preventing reinforcements from returning to the main force! SMH

    yep, while the "duelers" from our side just watch and do /dance and /laugh

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.