please stop duelling in WvW!! - Page 2 — Guild Wars 2 Forums
Home WvW

please stop duelling in WvW!!

2456

Comments

  • anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018

    @MUDse.7623 said:

    standing in spawn you dont bind other players. a dueller is more efficient than a scout in a tower that is not getting attacked all day.

    earlier today 2 people tried to build a cata on a tower, i killed them both before they shot once. now they wasted supplies and i got points for killing them. their contribuiton is only binding me for a brief moment, if i was in a duell an opponent could have done the same without granting my world some score

    as for more helpful..
    many people play very inefficient builds or just bad should they also just get reported for matchmanipulation?
    if the map is not full do you still need to play efficient?

    I think we already discussed you can do that because you are hard carried by the permastealth DE no-skill build whish all people complain about every single where.

    Back on your topic of your strawman falacy , that people you killed were trying to do something productive for the server. A dude scouting for a commander in a tower all evening is doing something productive for the server.

    Two dudes fighting each other and the ones watching are a waste of spots. I find disturbing Anet allow this kind of toxic behaviour in the game.

    It is as easy as if you don get participation(and you are T0 with no participation) in 10 minutes you are kicked from the instance. Killing players or Pnjs should not give you any participation.

    The dude scouting the tower for the commander will not have any issue: he gfets the participation from the squad.

    The dudes afking in the tower, in respawn or dueling will be lead out of the instance, so players which want to play the game get in.

    Wvw has many mechanics brought from PvE which are halfbake measures. Good for PvE and to mask some issues for some time in competitive games.

  • @anduriell.6280 said:
    taking one of the limited slots from the WvW queue to play Arena in WvW could be considered match manipulation the same as staying in respawn in a spvp match. You not only are wasting an spot but also forbidding other player probably more helpful than you to play with his friends.

    Helpful and "Wasting a spot" are subjective though. This might be a bit too specific an example but i'll give it anyway:

    Let's say my server has a queue on our Alpine BL. But we have no commander and the enemy servers have 2 guild groups running around steamrolling over any kind of team effort my server attempts. Are the people from my server repeatedly wiping vs them being more helpful than roamers by feeding the enemy with kills and lowering our k/d while increasing the enemy score?

    You could then say: "Well but if those ~5 duellers/roamers didn't take up a spot on the map we would've won!" In this example it wouldn't matter one bit as the organised groups would still steamroll the pugs that now have 5 more pugs. It would be a similar story if my server did have a commander, but the players in squad didn't listen as well as the players in the enemy squad or have less optimized builds. ~5 more players would not make a difference.

    I'll refer to my earlier post to say that duelling isn't something people do exclusively and/or constantly. It can be as short as 5 minutes before they go back to roaming, calling out enemy movement or taking camps/towers. Arguably more useful than being a part of the zerg most of the time.

    @MUDse.7623 said:
    many people play very inefficient builds or just bad should they also just get reported for matchmanipulation?
    if the map is not full do you still need to play efficient?

    I'll go with MUDse's line of thought here. If people think/want WvW to be THAT serious, any player not on tag/teamspeak 100% of the time with a fully min/maxed build is inefficient according to these standards and would be a candidate for supposed "Match Manipulation". It's just a silly argument to begin with in my opinion.

    Obèlíx [GAUL] - Gandara(EU).
    YT

  • ProverbsofHell.2307ProverbsofHell.2307 Member ✭✭✭✭

    WvW belongs to the players. I actually joined quite late, in 2017 last year, so I was pretty fresh for a while and didn't fully know about WvW etiquette. But if you respect people there, if you respect their skill and ways of doing things, that they have been in WvW and made something out of it for years and years now, you will find respect in return.

    I would always advise newer players to respect the unwritten rules as they discover them. Veterans won't react kindly if you're contentious (unless you're trying to save SM, heh heh).

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    WvW belongs to the players. I actually joined quite late, in 2017 last year, so I was pretty fresh for a while and didn't fully know about WvW etiquette. But if you respect people there, if you respect their skill and ways of doing things, that they have been in WvW and made something out of it for years and years now, you will find respect in return.

    I would always advise newer players to respect the unwritten rules as they discover them. Veterans won't react kindly if you're contentious (unless you're trying to save SM, heh heh).

    As nice as that sou ds, wvw ettiquette sounds like it was written by abaddon.
    I occassionally run into two people fighting, i join in to help my servers’ guy, and they instantly turn toxic. Not like, ‘no, this is a duel’ more like ‘what the skritt are doing, you absolute quaggan’.

    That and the fact that the duelers at the south sentry have someone claimed monopoly (or ownership) of that sentry.

    Its funny that you ask for respect for duellers when i have yet to meet a single dueller who isn’t half as toxic as a pvp player

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Teratus.2859Teratus.2859 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    There is a time and a place for everything
    WvW is NOT the time, and it is NOT the place for it.

    I constantly run into fights in wvw, I see people from my server fighting people from other servers.
    So I join in, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU DO IN SERVER vs SERVER.
    The result is always; the people from my server stop fighting, and watch as I get slaughtered by the enemy.

    I tell them to help me kill the enemy server's players, but they refuse, because apparantly 'i've interrupted a private fight'.
    In every sense of the word, that is treason, or betrayal, or whatever word you want to give it.
    Newsflash, you're in WvW, there are no private fights, you are a member of your server, and if I see members of my server fighting members of other servers,
    I will attempt to help them kill the enemies.
    You are representing your server in WvW, if you don't want to WvW, then don't come into WvW maps.

    There's a lobby in PvP where you can fight freely with other players to your hearts contents.

    Actually I have to disagree with you.. slightly.

    Yes there is PvP lobbys for duels but the problem with PvP lobby's is that you are forced to run PvP builds and stats etc.
    WvW is PvP but it's a very different kind of PvP that relies on PvE gear, builds etc.

    Dueling in WvW is not the same as dueling in PvP.. if anything WvW is the closest thing people have to being able to Duel in PvE.

    While I agree that it's annoying if not unfair for people like you who stumble on a duel and being unaware of it join in and get screwed by your own team mate who lets you die it does show that whether Anet want to aknowledge it or not that some players in Gw2 want to have some kind of PvE Dueling system.

    I'm not a big PvP fan myself but I do love the idea of having some kind of system in the PvE game where players can challenge one another to duels anywhere in the PvE game for their own enjoyment as well as the entertainment of other people who might stumble across one and stop to watch.
    Add a few titles and achievements, disable 3rd party healing sources while under the effects of a dueling buff and you've got an easy but great addition to PvE that will stop this kind of thing happening in WvW.

    It could also be expanded upon later to include Guild wars.. an Idea I had recently where two guilds could agree to go to war with one another and members who are actively representing a guild with a war status would see all members actively representing the guild they are at war with as hostiles in the PvE world.
    This would allow guilds to stage small battles in the PvE world and use the terrain, outposts and other things like forts to their own benefit and members who don't want to participate can simply stop representing said guild when they feel like.
    Would also allow those on mounts to ambush one another.. See a rival guild member flying on a griffon.. jump on yours and dive bomb him out of the sky :P
    That kind thing would be really fun to have in Gw2.. and it could easily be added in a way that makes it entirely optional for individual members and guilds alike.
    It would also be a good way to add a guild ranking system which is something I think a lot of people would like to have specially the Gw1 fanbase who miss the Guild vs Guild aspect of Gw1.

  • Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:

    @ProverbsofHell.2307 said:
    WvW belongs to the players. I actually joined quite late, in 2017 last year, so I was pretty fresh for a while and didn't fully know about WvW etiquette. But if you respect people there, if you respect their skill and ways of doing things, that they have been in WvW and made something out of it for years and years now, you will find respect in return.

    I would always advise newer players to respect the unwritten rules as they discover them. Veterans won't react kindly if you're contentious (unless you're trying to save SM, heh heh).

    As nice as that sou ds, wvw ettiquette sounds like it was written by abaddon.
    I occassionally run into two people fighting, i join in to help my servers’ guy, and they instantly turn toxic. Not like, ‘no, this is a duel’ more like ‘what the skritt are doing, you absolute quaggan’.

    That and the fact that the duelers at the south sentry have someone claimed monopoly (or ownership) of that sentry.

    Its funny that you ask for respect for duellers when i have yet to meet a single dueller who isn’t half as toxic as a pvp player

    yeah, WvW etiquette sounds cool and all, but it dosent work...what happens most of the time is duelers see a single player passing by and think "Hey, I really wanna keep my participation up, so I guess we all gonna gank this dude, his team mates will just watch anyway", if they see a roaming group they might think twice before doing, cause you know, having to face people with equal numbers and optimal builds for small scale fights means having a fair fight and they might end up losing and if they see a zerg passing by they just shyly hide in the corner begging "please we are just peacefully dueling here, dont kill us"

  • MUDse.7623MUDse.7623 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018

    @anduriell.6280 said:

    @MUDse.7623 said:

    standing in spawn you dont bind other players. a dueller is more efficient than a scout in a tower that is not getting attacked all day.

    earlier today 2 people tried to build a cata on a tower, i killed them both before they shot once. now they wasted supplies and i got points for killing them. their contribuiton is only binding me for a brief moment, if i was in a duell an opponent could have done the same without granting my world some score

    as for more helpful..
    many people play very inefficient builds or just bad should they also just get reported for matchmanipulation?
    if the map is not full do you still need to play efficient?

    I think we already discussed you can do that because you are hard carried by the permastealth DE no-skill build whish all people complain about every single where.

    Back on your topic of your strawman falacy , that people you killed were trying to do something productive for the server. A dude scouting for a commander in a tower all evening is doing something productive for the server.

    Two dudes fighting each other and the ones watching are a waste of spots. I find disturbing Anet allow this kind of toxic behaviour in the game.

    It is as easy as if you don get participation(and you are T0 with no participation) in 10 minutes you are kicked from the instance. Killing players or Pnjs should not give you any participation.

    The dude scouting the tower for the commander will not have any issue: he gfets the participation from the squad.

    The dudes afking in the tower, in respawn or dueling will be lead out of the instance, so players which want to play the game get in.

    Wvw has many mechanics brought from PvE which are halfbake measures. Good for PvE and to mask some issues for some time in competitive games.

    i dont really see what the build i might have used has to do with anything here. FYI the last few days i played a ton more ranger than deadeye.. and you know what? altho i am inexperienced on it single opponents usually are a ton easier to deal with - especially deadeyes :). problem is just that they group up too fast when they die and ranger cant escape large groups as good.

    a player duelling a good opponent is contributing more than a scout in a tower that never gets attacked, even if a commander asked him or even provides participation. you can know your opponents position from being outside the tower hunting them aswell.

    participation is one attempt to balance the rewards for players outside of zergs, its not perfect and doesnt reflect contribution to the match.

    edit: and before you draw other wrong conclusions.. i only duel when specifically asked nicely by my opponents, i much more often tho gank people at duel spots that i dislike or when i get attacked passing by.

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:

    That and the fact that the duelers at the south sentry have someone claimed monopoly (or ownership) of that sentry.

    Its funny that you ask for respect for duellers when i have yet to meet a single dueller who isn’t half as toxic as a pvp player

    I cannot speak for the tier you are in as I dont know which you are in. I am typically in T2/3 and can say with 100% certainty the following:

    1.) No one has a monopoly. Very rare have I been attacked for flipping the sentry while ppl are watching duelers (and all I do is solo/duo roam in WvW.)

    2.) I have also yet to meet any duelers that are toxic (maybe 1 that I can recall, however he wasnt really /bowing so he doesnt count as a dueler). They are fairly considerate really. If you are a ...ahem...repeat offender in disrupting the fights, especially if you know they are dueling, they then may gang up on ya, and for good reason. Respect goes both ways. You already admit that you have no respect, so why should they? Be the bigger person.

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    CLOK Commander and all around nice bro

  • @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    As nice as that sou ds, wvw ettiquette sounds like it was written by abaddon.
    I occassionally run into two people fighting, i join in to help my servers’ guy, and they instantly turn toxic. Not like, ‘no, this is a duel’ more like ‘what the skritt are doing, you absolute quaggan’.

    That and the fact that the duelers at the south sentry have someone claimed monopoly (or ownership) of that sentry.

    Its funny that you ask for respect for duellers when i have yet to meet a single dueller who isn’t half as toxic as a pvp player

    This really depends on the situation. It's ok to be upset when a teammate cusses you out for helping with a fight if it's not a 1v1 in a remote location or below south sentry with obvious spectators He was stupid enough to try to 1v1 in a high traffic area, perfectly reasonable on your part.

    As someone who duels frequently at south sentry, i do sometimes see people who do duels there but also just gank random people in the area. Can't say i agree with it, but nothing we can do about it. The sentry (NPC) is just something people use to keep up participation, but imo no dueller will purposefully kill people taking the sentry as they WANT it to be flipped so they can retake it afterwards for the participation. Most of the times people don't even bother with participation to begin with.

    Unfortunately it sounds to me like you have bad personal experiences with duellers, most of the ones i meet (90%) are quite reasonable people. Like life, experiences may vary. You don't have to "respect" duellers, but there's no need to purposefully disrupt their preferred gameplay either.

    Obèlíx [GAUL] - Gandara(EU).
    YT

  • anduriell.6280anduriell.6280 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018

    @MUDse.7623 said:
    i dont really see what the build i might have used has to do with anything here. FYI the last few days i played a ton more ranger than deadeye.. and you know what? altho i am inexperienced on it single opponents usually are a ton easier to deal with - especially deadeyes :). problem is just that they group up too fast when they die and ranger cant escape large groups as good.

    a player duelling a good opponent is contributing more than a scout in a tower that never gets attacked, even if a commander asked him or even provides participation. you can know your opponents position from being outside the tower hunting them aswell.

    participation is one attempt to balance the rewards for players outside of zergs, its not perfect and doesnt reflect contribution to the match.

    ad ignorantiam.
    Just saying to have an scout is the most invaluable resource in this game and it does almost as much as a blob capping objectives.. I don't feel like to explain why to you now thou.

    Just think in what you are saying and if Anet Devs decided to invests time to provide the Shared Squad participation mechanics is because there is something important there.

  • I paid for the game don't tell me how I should play it haha ^_^

  • sarkysek.1085sarkysek.1085 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 7, 2018

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    There is a time and a place for everything
    WvW is NOT the time, and it is NOT the place for it.

    I constantly run into fights in wvw, I see people from my server fighting people from other servers.
    So I join in, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU DO IN SERVER vs SERVER.
    The result is always; the people from my server stop fighting, and watch as I get slaughtered by the enemy.

    I tell them to help me kill the enemy server's players, but they refuse, because apparantly 'i've interrupted a private fight'.
    In every sense of the word, that is treason, or betrayal, or whatever word you want to give it.
    Newsflash, you're in WvW, there are no private fights, you are a member of your server, and if I see members of my server fighting members of other servers,
    I will attempt to help them kill the enemies.
    You are representing your server in WvW, if you don't want to WvW, then don't come into WvW maps.

    There's a lobby in PvP where you can fight freely with other players to your hearts contents.

    Said every PvE player ever. I suggest you learn basic WvW rules and respect them ;)

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    just do your thing. but becareful of consequence.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @sarkysek.1085 said:

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    There is a time and a place for everything
    WvW is NOT the time, and it is NOT the place for it.

    I constantly run into fights in wvw, I see people from my server fighting people from other servers.
    So I join in, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU DO IN SERVER vs SERVER.
    The result is always; the people from my server stop fighting, and watch as I get slaughtered by the enemy.

    I tell them to help me kill the enemy server's players, but they refuse, because apparantly 'i've interrupted a private fight'.
    In every sense of the word, that is treason, or betrayal, or whatever word you want to give it.
    Newsflash, you're in WvW, there are no private fights, you are a member of your server, and if I see members of my server fighting members of other servers,
    I will attempt to help them kill the enemies.
    You are representing your server in WvW, if you don't want to WvW, then don't come into WvW maps.

    There's a lobby in PvP where you can fight freely with other players to your hearts contents.

    Said every PvE player ever. I suggest you learn basic WvW rules and respect them ;)

    Basic wvw rules like claiming a piece of land for private fights, including the sentry on said land, and talking to everyone as if they're trespassing?

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Pelto.9364Pelto.9364 Member ✭✭

    This is not L2P issue because most runs with the zerg builds. Many duellers are just toxic like OP has observed.

  • Sleepwalker.1398Sleepwalker.1398 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @TinkTinkPOOF.9201 said:

    I find this so funny, people are so mad they roll a class to hide and stomp someone they can't kill on their own. Yet yall are the ones that have issues with people dueling away from other people and not bothering them.

    Its just a troll thing what i said.
    Anyway i have run past some of these duel places and stopped to watch a fight only to find it wasn't a duel and that i could have helped.
    I find that nowdays when i engage these battles if only 2 ppl are there, they would stop and our player would say its a duel, i'd leave.
    In op's case this didn't happen thus him complaining.
    Regardless, if your map is queued and your server needs help, you are hogging a spot of someone who could be doing better things than your stupid duel.

  • googel.3278googel.3278 Member ✭✭✭

    duelling gives free bag, so why not just kill that enemy? It is also a potential for a pre drop!

  • Strider Pj.2193Strider Pj.2193 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @googel.3278 said:
    duelling gives free bag, so why not just kill that enemy? It is also a potential for a pre drop!

    He would not be wrong in doing so. But his teammate is not wrong in not helping either. AND if he isn't good enough to win 1v1, then he deserves to lose his bag as well.

    And, if he can find 5 to come back and steamroll the guy and force him off the map he isn't wrong either.

    Thank You for the {MEME}

  • I can't think of a good reason to duel in WvW. If you're doing it the way everyone in the middle does, then you're not getting any participation. You might as well tick siege or escort/choke yaks instead and actually help your team. Heck even just start building golems and make a push somewhere. There's way cooler things to do in WvW than meaningless fights that don't even generate war score.

  • idolin.2831idolin.2831 Member ✭✭✭

    @Gatvin.6510 said:
    I can't think of a good reason to duel in WvW. If you're doing it the way everyone in the middle does, then you're not getting any participation. You might as well tick siege or escort/choke yaks instead and actually help your team. Heck even just start building golems and make a push somewhere. There's way cooler things to do in WvW than meaningless fights that don't even generate war score.

    Not everyone cares about war score or helping their server or participation, some just want to fight other people, improving their 1v1 skills, and they find that more fun to do. There are days I spend 3 hours just escorting yaks and defending a cap to get a keep to t3, and there are days I do nothing and just stand around dueling and watch people duel.

    People do whatever they want to do. Just because you think dueling is uncool doesn't mean others also do. What's hard to understand about that?

  • Tibicia.8315Tibicia.8315 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2018

    I've observed the excuse for dueling near objectives as a means to 'accidentally' tap said objective. Usually, the duelers are not people I recognize, so I assume these are enemy players on alt accounts, or just people who don't WvW and are looking for a way to cheese points. (I play a lot of WvW, I recognize most people on my server who are actual allies.) Sometimes, it looks suspiciously like people on our server working with the enemy to allow gankers to stand out in the open and appear 'legit.' Honestly, it's all speculation as I don't know what they are doing or care. If they are near a tappable objective, I have taken to seiging them from the safety of said nearby objective. If they're dumb enough to stand in fire, I'm happy to accept bags.

    Did have some of the duelers on my server, once, scream (all-caps) at me about dropping siege on their friends, because they were "just" dueling. I had never seen these guys on my server before. Since I didn't see them again after an hour of heavy barrage, then I would say mission accomplished. They're not my allies, so no loss.

  • DanAlcedo.3281DanAlcedo.3281 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Ahhhh.... The good old Dueling in WvW Discussion. My rule: Duel on the road = one more bag for me.

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Tibicia.8315 said:

    Did have some of the duelers on my server, once, scream (all-caps) at me about dropping siege on their friends, because they were "just" dueling.

    Dropping siege on someone is actually more toxic than what they did to you. Congrats...you are now part of the problem :trollface:

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    CLOK Commander and all around nice bro

  • Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

    A trick to tell if its a duel or not...Its a golden rule in 1v1 duels that you shall not stomp. If someone starts a stomping animation, then you can intervene. in a gvg duel....you can stomp all but the last person downed (as they need to res his fallen mates). Same thing..if someoen starts to stomp the last person, its no longer a formal duel so wreck them.

    Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    CLOK Commander and all around nice bro

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @WraithOfStealth.1624 said:
    I shouldn't even reply to this kind of comment, but it's too ridiculous to pass up on... I really lose hope for the future of WvW when i see that people actually think like this. (If it's not a troll, which it almost has to be right?)

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW duelling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP

    Banning people duelling, yeah i'm SURE Anet will consider this... If only those mean duellers would join you and wipe everybody 5v1, 5v2, etc. so you could feel good about yourself!

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

    So it does bother you. Just imagine feeling the need to spawn camp people doing their own thing because they wouldn't die to you while outnumbered.

    Duelers aint helping at all your server to win the match, this is why i said, if the game mode were serious, it should be treated as match manipulation...and no, it dosent bother me to get ganked 1v5 to duelers when I am trying to just take the sentry or just passing by, but it does bother me read 15 times on map chat people complaining about getting ganked over and over by said "duelers".

    A lot of there's duelers are actually roamers/defenders/scouts having a break and homing on their fighting skills to win/defend your camps, you will soon cry when there is no 1 interested in defending camps if people like your self won't bother to try and understand why people duel.

    There's people help the server in ways you zerglings can never do (alone)

    Just the other night there was 6v6 or so, small skirmish at around green lake, there was plenty of cj going on and I suspect some salty whispers. 10 mins later most of us were at south sentry all at the dueling spot as if it was a safe zone.

  • @SloRules.3560 said:
    Learn some WvW ethic. It formed throughout the years for a reason.

    WvW ethics? You probably kidding me. WvW ethics is to kill your enemy and not betray your ally. You want to spvp, there is full game mode for it...kitten, there is EotM for that, but not wvw.

    To the author. Just do like I do, wait until the enemy low health or downed and simply burst him. If you have fast class as thief etc, keep annoying them with hits, interrupts etc, stomp them.
    You should respect your allies only if they respect you, there are no "ethics" against the enemy.

    WvW: WSR only good when they focus commander and in gangs. Gandara, cloud of pugs without organization.

  • I fully support your jumping in and killing as many duelers as you can. I do that from time to time. If its red, its dead. Just don't get mad when things don't work out for you (sometimes you just run into classes and players you can't beat).

  • Turk.5460Turk.5460 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2018

    @Taygus.4571 said:
    I personally don't understand the preference to duelling in WvW or why they don't take it to OS.

    EEEEEEEE-----PEEEEEEEEEEEEEEN

    Fort Aspenwood
    [ShW] Jekkies

  • SloRules.3560SloRules.3560 Member ✭✭✭

    @Lexani.6152 said:

    @SloRules.3560 said:
    Learn some WvW ethic. It formed throughout the years for a reason.

    WvW ethics? You probably kidding me. WvW ethics is to kill your enemy and not betray your ally. You want to spvp, there is full game mode for it...kitten, there is EotM for that, but not wvw.

    To the author. Just do like I do, wait until the enemy low health or downed and simply burst him. If you have fast class as thief etc, keep annoying them with hits, interrupts etc, stomp them.
    You should respect your allies only if they respect you, there are no "ethics" against the enemy.

    So you are one of those idiots that com snipes, jumps into GvGs,... Generaly making life hard for people that want to have fun.

  • Jugglemonkey.8741Jugglemonkey.8741 Member ✭✭✭✭

    It always amuses me how many people will send me salty whispers because I'm a thief and I don't fight fair or honourably (well duh) but then they will interrupt a duel without a second thought. Double standard much.

    That said people who duel and then gank between duels also annoy me. I'll leave you the first time out of courtesy but if you gank in a duel spot you're fair game.

    Critical Kit, Deadeye.
    “If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck.” - John Steinbeck

  • Grim West.3194Grim West.3194 Member ✭✭✭

    You certainly have every right to attack anyone with a red name.

    But I don't see a problem with duelers. They aren't in the way and there are not that many of them. Can be fun and educational to watch if you take the time.

  • Gorani.7205Gorani.7205 Member ✭✭✭

    Duelling in WvW requires some "WvW chivalry" from both sides, the duellists and the people who pass by

    • Duellist in BL should go for a spot that is off the dolly-routes to signal they do not want to "interfere" in the roaming game on the map. That applies to you ally & the potential enemy he/she is duelling. For me, a perfect spot is the mill behind south camp in ABL.
    • Duellists at a (bad) spot that looks like "an ally needs help" should not revengefully slaughter the interfering passer-by and the allied players should local chat "duel" and let the friend be able to retreat (+ enemies should let the player break off and leave)
    • Passing-by players should attack/burst down enemies waiting for a duel, just because they can and the duellist isn't paying attention.
    • Passing-by players should not deal a killing blow to an enemy duellist you ally is sparing to recover from downstate.
    • Signals of "non-interference" like kite or ballon novelties should be respected from all sides

    (PS: this pretty much applies to "waiting for the daily Veteran" as well, which can be tagged by many people, killed and everyone goes their own way after that)

  • MidnightX.6294MidnightX.6294 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2018

    @Bezerker.2379 said:
    No. Learn www etiquette. Dueling became a thing for a reason.

    And Anet changed the obsidian refuigium after it became a thing. FOR A REASON !

    Nothing to see here - move along.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 8, 2018

    @MidnightX.6294 said:

    @Bezerker.2379 said:
    No. Learn www etiquette. Dueling became a thing for a reason.

    And Anet changed the obsidian refuigium after it became a thing. FOR A REASON !

    There is nothing in OS...

    Why should anyone go there for a duel? At anytime the duelers on your home server will go and defend t3 stuff and all the time allies are dueling, enemy (most) roamers are not ganking the zerg tail and or flipping camps/killing dollys.

  • Bezerker.2379Bezerker.2379 Member ✭✭✭

    @MidnightX.6294 said:

    @Bezerker.2379 said:
    No. Learn www etiquette. Dueling became a thing for a reason.

    And Anet changed the obsidian refuigium after it became a thing. FOR A REASON !

    And the playerbase rejected it. Much like they rejected Desert.

  • Ayakaru.6583Ayakaru.6583 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Bezerker.2379 said:

    @MidnightX.6294 said:

    @Bezerker.2379 said:
    No. Learn www etiquette. Dueling became a thing for a reason.

    And Anet changed the obsidian refuigium after it became a thing. FOR A REASON !

    And the playerbase rejected it. Much like they rejected Desert.

    players want X
    anet gave them X
    playerbase is sad about the font of X and refuses to use it, and keeps on going using Y which interferes with WvW

    To defeat the dragons, see the good in them.
    Zhaitan reunites lost ones, primordus creates fertile land, mordremoth spreads the green, and jormag..
    ..jormag? Who's that?

  • Odokuro.5049Odokuro.5049 Member ✭✭✭

    My only complaint about people who duel in WvW, is that they are taking up slots that could otherwise be filled up by people who are going to take objectives, contest areas, or be on tag ( AKA being a team player and helping out your server in the weeks matchup. ).

    But it's whatever, if it's red it's dead.

    The Self-Appointed Pervy Sage of Dragonbrand.

  • BeepBoopBop.5403BeepBoopBop.5403 Member ✭✭✭✭

    Get a group of friends/guildies next time.

    A dueling circle is a fight waiting to happen. After all, people usually only duel in WvW when there's no fights right? But you have to be prepared to finish the fight you start and definitely expect the servermate who's duel you ruined to not help you. Free will for all parties.

  • Bezerker.2379Bezerker.2379 Member ✭✭✭

    @BeepBoopBop.5403 said:
    Get a group of friends/guildies next time.

    A dueling circle is a fight waiting to happen. After all, people usually only duel in WvW when there's no fights right? But you have to be prepared to finish the fight you start and definitely expect the servermate who's duel you ruined to not help you. Free will for all parties.

    Exactly.

    We duel when we're either a> looking for fights or b> looking to practice.

    A group rolls up on us, we're all down to challenge it.

  • Felipe.1807Felipe.1807 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @WraithOfStealth.1624 said:
    I shouldn't even reply to this kind of comment, but it's too ridiculous to pass up on... I really lose hope for the future of WvW when i see that people actually think like this. (If it's not a troll, which it almost has to be right?)

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW duelling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP

    Banning people duelling, yeah i'm SURE Anet will consider this... If only those mean duellers would join you and wipe everybody 5v1, 5v2, etc. so you could feel good about yourself!

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

    So it does bother you. Just imagine feeling the need to spawn camp people doing their own thing because they wouldn't die to you while outnumbered.

    Duelers aint helping at all your server to win the match, this is why i said, if the game mode were serious, it should be treated as match manipulation...and no, it dosent bother me to get ganked 1v5 to duelers when I am trying to just take the sentry or just passing by, but it does bother me read 15 times on map chat people complaining about getting ganked over and over by said "duelers".

    A lot of there's duelers are actually roamers/defenders/scouts having a break and homing on their fighting skills to win/defend your camps, you will soon cry when there is no 1 interested in defending camps if people like your self won't bother to try and understand why people duel.

    There's people help the server in ways you zerglings can never do (alone)

    Just the other night there was 6v6 or so, small skirmish at around green lake, there was plenty of cj going on and I suspect some salty whispers. 10 mins later most of us were at south sentry all at the dueling spot as if it was a safe zone.

    Allright, Fat Disgrace my dear friend, lets clear a few things here lol
    I play WvW, all of this aspects, but mostly I solo roam...so yeah, i take camps, defend camps, and solo keeps and towers, so no, i aint just another "zergling" who is just pressing 1 with the commander....actually, allready managed to beat try hard gank groups with full support FB...we mostly talking here about duelers from our own side who let their own team mates get killed...and the point still stands, theres better places to duel them south sentry at Alpine borderland...why not go to a sPvP arena? I mean, if all you trying to do is hone your mechanical skills, a bunch of over inflated stats from PvE gear wont make a diference.

  • SoulSin.5682SoulSin.5682 Member ✭✭✭

    @Brutal Augus.5917 said:
    I bought the game I do what I want

    Agreed. Kill the duelist.

  • ArchonWing.9480ArchonWing.9480 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 9, 2018

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:

    I constantly run into fights in wvw, I see people from my server fighting people from other servers.
    So I join in, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU DO IN SERVER vs SERVER.
    The result is always; the people from my server stop fighting, and watch as I get slaughtered by the enemy.

    Could try being good at the game. If you constantly add in to a fight and constantly get slaughtered, I wouldn't help you either, because all you would do is serve as rally bait. People are just being smart.

    Then you wouldn't need as much help and none of this is a problem.

  • Sovereign.1093Sovereign.1093 Member ✭✭✭✭

    it is ok to duel, but dont expect ppl to respect you for it. if you do duel, do it in a spot with few people or no people. why? it is only normal to help out an ally. it is not in the norm to just watch your ally fight alone.

    Not Even Coverage is the Only broken thing in WVW.

  • DemonSeed.3528DemonSeed.3528 Member ✭✭✭✭

    I don't mind duelers usually unless they are contesting stuff. A lot of them are two faced though and gank people passing by when their backs are turned. Some of them are nice people but feel free to kill the ones that you know are trolls. That said like others have mentioned, if it's red it's dead, just be prepared that they are probably running specific builds. Not all duelers are pro though, some are there to learn. Just do what you think the situation calls for and move on.

  • Fat Disgrace.4275Fat Disgrace.4275 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @Fat Disgrace.4275 said:

    @Felipe.1807 said:

    @WraithOfStealth.1624 said:
    I shouldn't even reply to this kind of comment, but it's too ridiculous to pass up on... I really lose hope for the future of WvW when i see that people actually think like this. (If it's not a troll, which it almost has to be right?)

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    I honestly believe that if this game were a little more serious, WvW duelling should be bannable offence just like Match manipulation on sPvP

    Banning people duelling, yeah i'm SURE Anet will consider this... If only those mean duellers would join you and wipe everybody 5v1, 5v2, etc. so you could feel good about yourself!

    @Felipe.1807 said:
    this kind of behavior dont bother me anymore, but if I see in map chat that they are doing this to more players I just tag up and spawn camp them till they rage quit to other map.

    So it does bother you. Just imagine feeling the need to spawn camp people doing their own thing because they wouldn't die to you while outnumbered.

    Duelers aint helping at all your server to win the match, this is why i said, if the game mode were serious, it should be treated as match manipulation...and no, it dosent bother me to get ganked 1v5 to duelers when I am trying to just take the sentry or just passing by, but it does bother me read 15 times on map chat people complaining about getting ganked over and over by said "duelers".

    A lot of there's duelers are actually roamers/defenders/scouts having a break and homing on their fighting skills to win/defend your camps, you will soon cry when there is no 1 interested in defending camps if people like your self won't bother to try and understand why people duel.

    There's people help the server in ways you zerglings can never do (alone)

    Just the other night there was 6v6 or so, small skirmish at around green lake, there was plenty of cj going on and I suspect some salty whispers. 10 mins later most of us were at south sentry all at the dueling spot as if it was a safe zone.

    why not go to a sPvP arena? I mean, if all you trying to do is hone your mechanical skills, a bunch of over inflated stats from PvE gear wont make a diference.

    Because there is nothing in spvp, already said why most duelers are in wvw :/

  • Nimon.7840Nimon.7840 Member ✭✭✭✭

    @Ayakaru.6583 said:
    There is a time and a place for everything
    WvW is NOT the time, and it is NOT the place for it.

    I constantly run into fights in wvw, I see people from my server fighting people from other servers.
    So I join in, BECAUSE THAT IS WHAT YOU DO IN SERVER vs SERVER.
    The result is always; the people from my server stop fighting, and watch as I get slaughtered by the enemy.

    I tell them to help me kill the enemy server's players, but they refuse, because apparantly 'i've interrupted a private fight'.
    In every sense of the word, that is treason, or betrayal, or whatever word you want to give it.
    Newsflash, you're in WvW, there are no private fights, you are a member of your server, and if I see members of my server fighting members of other servers,
    I will attempt to help them kill the enemies.
    You are representing your server in WvW, if you don't want to WvW, then don't come into WvW maps.

    There's a lobby in PvP where you can fight freely with other players to your hearts contents.

    The problem with PvP: you cannot make your own builds: Stats are written in stone.

    There's no way to get power, precision, ferocity, healpower, boonduration and toughness example

  • as someone have already mentioned above: my only issues with those "duellers" is that they take up map slots without contributing. a very crappy roamer would be better for the server on that map, than even bestest of best duelers that just stays on that one spot 1v1ing people.

    if only there was a map, that falls under rulesets of wvw, but separated from main fighting maps....... oh wait, there is one.

    except for some of duelers in here it's not valid spot because lo and behold "there is nothing in there"

    (I really get argument why not sPvP, but I don't get why you can't move to Obsidian Sanctum and cease to be taking up map slots from people who wants to actually play the mode instead of running "buildcraft testing" - especially in scenarios when both duelers are old good friends sitting on voice chat)