Weaver in WvW

FOKOZUYNEN.8206

At the moment i was happy when i saw the new things that have come in like ,,Barrier'' but then i saw Necro@Scourge have too and in comparation is like hey Elementalist do you see that Cake you can have a piece and the rest we gave it to Necro :((((.

I was happy because i saw those conditions but after trying many builds power condi, celestial, full condi, etc etc i just realized those condi are only 2 of them and few stacks slow atacks.

I was sure this barrier and new heal skill will make much better in fights but then i saw a Warrior wich can stay in fights not taking conditions for so much time and his life droping at maximum 10%. This fights with warrior remember me about one Trait on Ele > Diamond Skin _(wich have been nerfed)

With all the traits and new weapon on Weaver it make so slow on movements slow slow and mele fight ....is like Waving not Weaver ...wave at ranger enemys.

The way of skills switch must say somehow seems ok with the combos but is kinda confused at the moment need more concentration to learn the rotation of things.

Must say i am disappointed at the moment.

What is your opinion about it. (all this speaking about WvW)*

I was never into roaming and I always preferred to play a backline ele. Partially just for being too lazy to switch stuff. So... for me Weaver works. It gives a ton of extra damage at long range, at the cost of having to plan ahead the utility skills I might need to access. I'm as glass as it gets, of course, so need to be extra careful.

Sword is not bad for roaming.You have 2 evades on water#2 and earth#2, some good cc in air/earth and air 2 is a good interrupt and gap closer.The elite is great on celestial ele also. And the new unravel hexes with water/arcane gives insane cleansing...You also get 2x the water heal and cleanse...

The one thing to get used to is the new rotations for might stacking, and the short range on sword.

@lLobo.7960 said:Sword is not bad for roaming.You have 2 evades on water#2 and earth#2, some good cc in air/earth and air 2 is a good interrupt and gap closer.The elite is great on celestial ele also. And the new unravel hexes with water/arcane gives insane cleansing...You also get 2x the water heal and cleanse...

The one thing to get used to is the new rotations for might stacking, and the short range on sword.

Its not bad for roaming but its hardly great either. The damage is low, the mobility is lacking, the defense is meh. Its crazy just how much better i am doing on Soulbeast (a new spec and class for me!) that i have played for less than 2 days than i was doing on Weaver, having played ele from the start. Weaver is in serious need of help.

With all the condis and boon corrupt everywhere, you're much better off playing tempest with auras and running minimal boons.Unravel Hexes was highly recommended if you run any weaver , but was replaced on launch by Woven Stride (regen on condi means more boons to be corrupted). In this case , the barrier from Invigorating strikes is probably a better idea.

Twist of fate has too long of an overall cooldown and so does Stone resonance. Compare them to "Eye of the Storm" & "Aftershock". Aftershock is definitely better than a temporary barrier , the reflect is a good damage mitigation , on top of CC, & blast finisher.

Barriers could have been much stronger on Weaver compared to Scourge. Master's Fortitude isn't enough to run sword , IMO.

Yeah i've been testing weaver in WvW (my main activity on gw2) and I must say that after the years as a heal/aura-bot it is nice to do some damage again ! I played it mostly staff in air/arcana/weaver and marauder stuff. This set up is pretty strong when you have mates around you but it is very hard to come out of difficult situations since the defensive abilities of the staff are on the right side of the skill bar (#4 fire, #4 air and all controls from water, air and earth). If you get caught by surprise you're dead 80% of the time. It makes weaver very difficult to play because you have to be even more aware of what is happening. All the dual skill are damage skill except for the air/earth (i think) that stuns but to be able to cast this spell you have to stay still which is also means dead weaver...I tried quickly yesterday in roaming but the skills are really to slow against constantly moving target... In my opinion it can be very powerful but there is a need of controls over the damage like 2 weavers or a weaver and something else, one that lock the target and the weaver that burst it.Maybe Weaver won't be played in WvW as many new elite spec ..

I've been playing sword/dagger weaver since PoF launch in PoF. With earth/arcana/weaver traits. Using signet trait, so i can use signet of restoration to it's full potential as melee character. Stats are a bit hybrid, with power as main dps source and condi on the side. I must say the skills flow pretty nicely and after some playing you get used to it. But while playing this sword weaver, I started to wonder, why play sword? Because my condi berserker using sword/torch does WAY more damage compared to my weaver while having more sustain. My warrior also has access to support skills and a longbow for when range is needed. Things i lack if i go sword on weaver.

Another thing I was wondering about, while playing my mesmer/mirage/chrono. It's geared up fully with trailblazer gear and tormenting runes for pure condi damage obviously. But even though my mesmer is using tanky gear, it kills quicker compared to a dps geared sword weaver.

The main problem is that sword weaver doesn't really add anything else to the table besides a dps role. But if you can't even excell in your main role, then what purpose does it still have? So basically I feel that in WvW, I can go back to my auramancer tempest or core ele staff backline. Maybe i'll try weaver staff in wvw sometime, but that's not really an ideal setup because of the way attunements work on weaver. In WvW you sometimes need immediate access to a skill and weaver makes that difficult.

Staff weaver is a non start for wvw. All of the duel skills are projectile slow ones at that so in big fights where staff weaver / ele tend to play you cant use duel skills most of the time. Often your playing weaver more like core ele only landing pAoE even worst now because the 1 skill from staffs are often blocked too due to all the projectile hate they added in and the lack of "ele attks become unblock-able" type skill that you see on other projectile/ dmg dealing classes.

I would go as far to say even core dps staff ele got hit hard in PoF things come out to fast there to many leaps to land effect slow dmg that you see from the staff. In effect staff ele has about 6 dmg skills vs its old 8 and weaver it self adds nothing due to this high projectile hate with out a real counter.

Winds of disenchantment destroys any real dps from staff. There going to be at least 5 or so ever zerg fight and often they will spaces out there use. With out any means of unblockable like ranger and war even thfs get it becomes comply unplayable.

I hate weaver for WvW. There's no damage, and for staff it's annoying trying to get to the skills you want. Tempest is better. I'm starting to think tempest is better for pve, too, at this rate. Maurader sword/f is ok, I guess. That's all I've been playing in pve so far. I tried condi and it's excrutiatingly slow.

When you roam you can use the ones on meta battle wiki for pvp. Sw/F damage can be ok but again it's very slow to burst people. However, if you are in team fights the float with earth 3 or elite can be great killing scourge or other scholar class prof. 1v1 you will do fine but you will never have insane dps like with other classes. You can try Phantaram's lightning rod build, but it's little build risky if you roaming. Again in team fights you aren't bad but if your in team fights other profession going full condi or dps will easily out perform you. Still fun if you reck a glass build opponent with no stabilty or can't out evade you. I'm sure anet will give us a power buff. cough cough or a stun buff.

It works pretty well as a support heal-bot with a "meh" condition application (go figure....) Dire armor with 5 runes of the Firebrand and a random condi for the sixth, apothecary trinkets and minstrel sword/dagger with concentration and either transference or renewal sigils. Water: bottom, middle or bottom, top; Arcane: bottom, top or bottom, and top; weaver: bottom, top, bottom. I find it to actually do better than tempest for sustain, mostly with the rapid swap into water attunement. cleansing 1 or 2 condi's and big heal each time. rotate correctly and you can triple blast your own water field getting around having to rely on you group to do it and dagger 5 is a beafy heal as well. The heal stance, yea it doesn't have the big WOW heal all at once, does very well for sustaining your party through the big pushes, healing for about 1000 with each strike ( i'll link the build and you must remember to apply the healing modifiers to the numbers. "heal x 1.39 (1.15 x 1.1 x 1.1)" and the boon application from arcane combined with the rapid attunement swapping helps to fill in the gaps and make up for all the boon hate.http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vFEQJAsYnk4CdOg94COOAM5iFTAjIBEAaA3n508cuoKmBCBA-j1xPABAsgQ+7HA8DA0Dk9JAQN1fQR5HUKBJFgf70A-w

BUT! Weaver was our hope to get out of the heal-bot role wasn't it?......doesn't work, try again devs. The damage modifiers are lame compared to what Berserker or Dragon hunter or thief get. Range on sword forces you into a melee and to survive in that you need to put a chunk of stats into defense especially with the issue of quick access to your defensive weapon skills. Try to run backline staff dps and you run into all the projectile hate as mentioned above leaving you with just a few AOE's (and why the channel on eruption...messes stuff up...) and you're probably just better off going glass core!!

Thumbs down so far.

Scepter builds can work when roaming. Lightning rod with water/arcane depending on if your solo or grouped. Arcane enables your group to punish targets with chain immobilization. If you are not getting targeted much then arcane can work fine but water enables you to survive longer against condition builds when solo.

Are some people that say to stay as canon glass in back line with the staff......thank you but then what is the reason of weaver and his sword?Some they say he got some nice damage......can you please do the maths and see that all that damage is slow second is not reaching nothing since you have to use teleports and speed signets or runes even so why i will play since exist Warrior wich btw ANET is a year that people complain about warrior nad his way of blocking damage at same point with huge damage.....0 damage 0 damage 0 condi after 1 minute of fight he got bored is turning to me since i was chassing him 5 sec stun stun stun kill me and i have over 2k thougness .
Good job on Necromancer is healing other players cleasing condi gave barriers now is doing portals next expansion probally will have invisibility skills.damn that day that i hurry to buy the expansion i knew it is gona be a mistake and is better to wait.

The following was running mostly marauder with some zerk and 1-2 cavalier trinkets. Tried to make sword work for roaming but it’s just far too slow and there’s too many classes that will punish you far more than you can lock them down or punish them, in particular daredevils, sand savant scourge and most spellbreakers. Also got to fight a condi Druid and he just evaded and regenned everything while his pet did a lot of the work, his conditions didn’t stick to me because I was running fresh air and cleansing water but it was a fight I would lose eventually due to the pet and lacking the damage to take it out.

I found sceptre and focus to work much better however once again a daredevil and mirage will take a big dump on you, didn’t fight any spellbreakers on that but I have a feeling it wouldn’t be an easy fight. Fought some holosmiths and wow the damage they put out was insane but I have a feeling if you can kite out and invuln through the holoforge they should die. All in all twist of fate was good, I found mistform invaluable and lightening flash great. Against heavy condi traiting cantrips and ether renewed was really nice but found GoEH much better, the stance heal is absolute garbage, double the heal on hit but make it selfish, why on earth ele’s heal has to heal others Ill never know but as it stands it’s very weak.

Did a bit of staff zerging too which was interesting, even though a lot of people were very tanky I was seeing decent damage numbers and you can get some really nice spikes of eruption, earth/fire dual skill and lava font into meteor for the guy that downed and making sure no-one rezs him. Go full marauder and all damage boosts and you can do crazy damage downing anyone not respecting that staff but a daredevil focusing you can put you in a bad place if you don’t have twist of fate. On the whole was very nice but slower damage as there’s usually a 1-2s delay before it hits unlike the current fast casting of scourge and spellbreakers.

Honestly though I wouldn’t roam on weaver till there’s a big buff to sword as it’s very clear the sword and weaver was designed to work in tandem which it doesn’t just yet and don’t even try to take on a HoT spec against anyone decent, you will lose.

This applies to wvw and spvp not pve. PVE the land of not fighting or chasing real players. Try to stand still and dps a raid boss controlled by a real person HAHA!

Lack of dps or strong ccs will make you junk. And we don't even have condi pressure bombing ability or boon removal or corruption. Weaver is not support, its more of a selfish aggro bot in wvw. I get around 3-4 people chasing me around all day long doing medicore damage and if I kill someone 1v1 it's either that they face tank every single of my weak attacks or just didn't want to hit back.. Unlike core ele prior HOT release, now that's a beast you can run staff, scepter or dagger and have a great time 1v1 or 1v2 oir 1v3. Doesn't mean you can win all the fights but rotations paid off and well back than cc was not spamable for bunekr healing condi or power classes. But since HOT release everyone gain the ablity of ele's jack of all trades + more damage or cc or condi. With POF it's just crazy damage, who wants to play weaver or ele if you lack the ablity to perform chain attacks.

• 1 month later...

@Roxanne.6140 said:Ele went from master of the elements to elemental slave. The weaving makes access to the skills you want be gated behind some crap CD.

Using Arcane trait line makes it a bit more tolerable because the GCD is 3.5s instead of 4.0s. Also the boon on attunement switch happens more frequently so you get things like perma-swiftness.

If it helps, you can start thinking of your attunements as "pairs" so instead of having 4, you have 16. Example: You don't have "fire" any more, you have "fire/fire", "fire/air", "fire/water", "fire/earth". Then you'll start thinking of what pair you want instead of which element. After that you'll start to build up a rotation to achieve the pairs you like best. I enjoy this rotation for WvW:

• Fire/Air - start here so you're ready to drop static field and you have some high DPS skills on 1, 2, and 3
  • Earth/Fire - now you have Meteor Shower ready and high DPS on 2 and 3. Skill 1 gives weakness which gives you +15% crit chance if you took the associated Weaver Adept trait
  • Two choices at this point: Air/Earth for two high DPS single target spikes (2 and 3), or Water/Earth for two high DPS AoE (also 2 and 3). Either way you now have your earth CCs on 4 and 5. If you opted for "Air/Earth" you can do a "Water/Air" to get the dual skill with regeneration.
  • Back to Fire, so "Fire/Air" or "Fire/Water" depending on what you did in the step above.

The thing I like about Weaver and Staff is the dual-skills hit hard, I mean really really hard. You can land Pile Driver (Earth/Air dual) for 12k depending upon boons and vulnerability. Almost all the dual skills hit crit for 5k with no boons/vulnerability. The rotation goes fast so it feels like you never auto-attack.

Archived