Condi Mirage Feedback [Merged] - Page 9 — Guild Wars 2 Forums

Condi Mirage Feedback [Merged]

Comments

• @plushiesoda.8150 said:

@RisenHowl.2419 said:
    Mesmer has been meta in every game mode since hot came out lmao

maybe you're a skilled player with lots of experience in organized teams, but not that much in random queues? or maybe you just got blindfolded by the PoF meta?

F2Try players aside. Despite what most people seem to believe, early HoT seasons weren't exactly the most populated ones ...until mid-hot or so thanks to Anet's greedy HoT launching price . Back then Chrono bunker rised to a competitive state at high-ranked levels. It had a high learning curve though, due it's reliance in combo fields and limited self-healing compared to core guardian or even bunker rev, both of which achieved better results at lower divisions. And let's not talk about Auramancer's glory days

Even in the early HoT meta Chrono was somewhat viable, still way, way, waaay bellow demigod-like entities like darevil's insane cleansing/mobility/self-healing/CC, Dragonhunter's one-combo 2 secs KO, Tempest's inmortality or Reaper's... well it had it's lows and highs) ....chrono trully shined as a WvsW commander though.

However constant nerfing brought it down to a mid-tier meta spot at best ** (OUTSIDE ORGANIZED COMPS)** for the most part of HoT's seasons... it was a good reaper/core pistol thief/core ranger counter though, projectile hate mattered back then. Then we got prePoF patch that dealt the final blow to chronobunker (in conquest.... and pretty much to every HoT elite but druid, reaper and arguably scrapper)

In PvE... chronomancer always had it's slot in raids ditto, even when Daredevil tank was a thing (yeah... thief tank) However while dungeoning it wasn't that different from the Vanilla meta, just a skipper. The same goes about fractals, during the hard-zerker meta, supports weren't that popular, fractals were waaaay easier back then after all, anything non-running a direct damaging build was pretty much leeching.

that said PRE-POF sPvP MESMER... viable? sure! a good duelist? arguably! meta? ehm... in an organized team where everybody filled her/his respective role ok... I wouldn't call it meta, but sure! why not? in your average duo/solo queue?? NOPE it never was... or maybe I'm the one being blindfolded by how easily it was to kill mesmers with my Tempest, scrapper or condi ranger or how few of them I used to see in the good HoT days :persevere:

About power shatter.... it wasn't a thing until Mirage came out.

You just lost all credibility. Saying Chrono was less meta than "1-shot DH" which I can only assume means triple traps. Mesmer thief was the go-to duo in order to carry. Chrono was a staple in every organized team during HoT or you just got hard out-rotated.

~ God Tier Guardian

• viquing.8254viquing.8254 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2018

@AngelLovesFredrik.6741 said:
    You just lost all credibility. Saying Chrono was less meta than "1-shot DH" which I can only assume means triple traps. Mesmer thief was the go-to duo in order to carry. Chrono was a staple in every organized team during HoT or you just got hard out-rotated.

There were more than 1 duo mes-thief in leaderboard ? (it's not like if top 20 was full of thief/mes.)
    Note that once duoQ were removed, mes population drop too.
    Apart the firsts chronotank seasons, there was more DH than chrono every HoT seasons in the leaderboard. (which is different in teamQ.)

• @AngelLovesFredrik.6741 said:
    You just lost all credibility. Saying Chrono was less meta than "1-shot DH" which I can only assume means triple traps. Mesmer thief was the go-to duo in order to carry. >Chrono was a staple in every organized team during HoT or you just got hard out-rotated.

Only one real duo of mesmer and thief I can remember and you know who was that.
    How mesmer was more meta that DH which been 2-3 in each teams ? And I dont mean even 3-4 trap DH's . Not to count how hard they were rolling over chrono

• AngelLovesFredrik.6741AngelLovesFredrik.6741 Member ✭✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2018

@viquing.8254 said:

There were more than 1 duo mes-thief in leaderboard ? (it's not like if top 20 was full of thief/mes.)
    Apart the firsts chronotank seasons, there was more DH than chrono every seasons in the leaderboard. (which is different in teamQ.)

First of, I'm curious where you're getting those numbers from. I can only imagine you're making them up as you go. (Easier for you to make a case that way)
    Although, I prefer debating on facts. Chrono was the sole reason ESL dropped gw2. Not a single DH has ever won a game in a high rated tournament after the round of 8.
    DH was definitely strong on release, too strong even. But it still lost horribly to scrapper and druid, it also has very little teamfight due to the massive projectile denial in the HoT meta. (Swirling winds, magnetic aura, magnetic shield, bulwark gyro tool belt, Druid staff 5 and guard shield 5.)

Debating that Chrono wasn't in a good spot when I can literally put up raw evidence from both WCS' and patch notes to prove it doesn't seem very clever. DH was always good at killing noobs though, which kinda fits your general posts on this forum.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

You just lost all credibility. Saying Chrono was less meta than "1-shot DH" which I can only assume means triple traps. Mesmer thief was the go-to duo in order to carry. >Chrono was a staple in every organized team during HoT or you just got hard out-rotated.

Only one real duo of mesmer and thief I can remember and you know who was that.
    How mesmer was more meta that DH which been 2-3 in each teams ? And I dont mean even 3-4 trap DH's . Not to count how hard they were rolling over chrono

Sind Misha, Irish coffee and Irish koffee. This was a long time ago so excuse me for not remembering the names. It was pretty undisputed that the duo was the ultimate carry considering the winrates of these classes.
    DH could in no way one shot anything with the "meta" valor virtues triple meditation build.
    DH was a hard counter to Chrono, just like core guard is to mirage and core mesmer.
    The biggest reason DH was good in queues was because they beat berserkers and Chronomancers which ran rampant during the early HoT days.

~ God Tier Guardian

• @AngelLovesFredrik.6741 said:
    It was pretty undisputed that the duo was the ultimate carry considering the winrates of these classes.

Where I can find official winrate of duoq classes? I tend to believe winrate depends on skill of those players , hence why sind/misha duo had insane high winrate and they had good strategy how to farm unorganized clownfiesta called ranked

DH could in no way one shot anything with the "meta" valor virtues triple meditation build.

Never said its oneshot . Landing a full combo with pulling through trap was a sure death for chrono/thieves unless they blink away right after pull.

DH was a hard counter to Chrono, just like core guard is to mirage and core mesmer.

Thats what I said . Also that killed a lot of ppl (on low rating I believe there been 1 million traps where ppl walk into them XD) that dont dodge spear and being pulled/knocked through trap to death and being so popular in ranked.

• incisorr.9502incisorr.9502 Member ✭✭✭

Nerfing a class's combat power because it can (potentially) have too much mobility sounds stupid, why can't they just nerf the mobility instead lmao. I don't know how chrono was in "organized environment" but in soloq it was never that good(before the recent outbreak which was post-pof and then it got nerfed later, deservedly so) and DH was 300 times better during HoT times. I could alt+tab as dh while chatting with friends in another game while tabbing in mid-team fights and still end up having 35%+ team damage and it was much better than mirage is now (post- all nerfs that already happened)
    and as for difficulty its not even comparable, mesmer is 3000 times harder than guard ever was and ever will be unless they do something about the bs retaliation trait line and random passive insta cast damage +judges intervention

edited October 30, 2018

First of, I'm curious where you're getting those numbers from. I can only imagine you're making them up as you go. (Easier for you to make a case that way)

A random season during HoT :
    https://api.guildwars2.com/v2/pvp/seasons/A54849B7-7DBD-4958-91EF-72E18CD659BA/leaderboards/ladder/eu
    1-2 = metrix/bluri mes/thief duo.
    Where are your op duoQ mes/thief after them ?
    Where are your mes after them ?

Although, I prefer debating on facts. Chrono was the sole reason ESL dropped gw2. Not a single DH has ever won a game in a high rated tournament after the round of 8.

Yep because :

@viquing.8254 said:
    Even after being dropped by every pro team (because there was more teamfight tools in other specs.), DH were over-represented on the ladder.

This can be explain with the example of chrono and DH during HoT :
    During most of HoT seasons, chrono was under-represented in the ladder but was in every pro team.
    Inversely, DH was under-represented in pro team but over-represented in soloQ.
    DH hard countered chrono in 1v1 and could bring more aoe for on point fights. That's why it was well represented in soloQ.
    But mesmer has SoH and Portal which had a greater impact on rotations but needed more coordination to be efficient. That's why it was well represented in teamQ.
    When you compare the number of people playing teamQ and soloQ, globaly, there were much more DH than chrono during HoT in PvP.

Debating that Chrono wasn't in a good spot when I can literally put up raw evidence from both WCS' and patch notes to prove it doesn't seem very clever. DH was always good at killing noobs though, which kinda fits your general posts on this forum.

Chrono was in a good spot only where teamplay were involved.
    The only way Chrono win duel during HoT was mainly with a good placed moa (and very few mesmers can do that.). Describe me which matchup it should win ?

• plushiesoda.8150plushiesoda.8150 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 30, 2018

** @AngelLovesFredrik.6741 said:

You just lost all credibility. Saying Chrono was less meta than "1-shot DH" which I can only assume means triple traps. Mesmer thief was the go-to duo in order to carry. Chrono was a staple in every organized team during HoT or you j**ust got hard out-rotated.

and you clearly didn't notice or just skipped the keyword "OUTSIDE ORGANIZED COMPS" or the keyword "your average solo/duo queue"

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

Honestly, every single change mesmer has received in the last year has been a gigantic mistake of bad game design. From removing the phantasm limit, to free low CD invulns, Anet should seriously consider completely reverting Mesmer to 2016 and then trying again.

• TorQ.7041TorQ.7041 Member ✭✭✭

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

@jportell.2197 said:

@breno.5423 said:
    10k damage on tick, trololo

And is priority in cleanses. Requires heavy investment to achieve. And is a very squishy build with no condi cleanses.

Not really. I play mes.

Assuming it's an inspiration build because sword torch, which is also what I play. There is plenty of cleanse. Each juant removes 1 condition. Each f button removes conditions. Signet of midnight removes all condis. Signet of ilussion allows u to recharge all f skills and so u can remove again. There is literally 12 Condi removals. The f skills also do Condi dmg upon activation .that's just the minimum active removal.

With traits every clone u make takes a condition. So u can just spam axe 2 which takes another 2. Signet of ilusion also randomly generates clones which take off condition. You basically cannot die to Condi.

25k hp is not squishy at all. Esp not with 2 stealths, 2 distorts,2 dodges,4 teleports. Before you say jaunt range is low. Small range teleports is actually what u want. To port out of stuns. For example if a warrior dazes you and is about to use hundred blades. U can jaunt right out of it n use your next skill. Since daze is only 1 second. Another is to jaunt up spots so they can't hit u. Plenty in every map.

It's literally is the most for giving build in the entire game. I am going to play the kitten out it untill they Nerf it.

To have inspi you give up a lot of damage.
    If you give up duel you either lose clone generation or confusion burst.
    If you give up illusion you give up cry of pain, maim and increased condi damage.
    So with the build they're talking about you end up with jaunt and torch 4 as your only condi removals, considering jaunt is used as mobility and attaking too (if self-deception is traited) and torch 4 is used to burst, condi removal is really low.

U don't need that much more dmg as condi. My the Condi build I use. I have no problems killing anything other than firebrand and boonbeast. Most things die within literally less than 10 seconds. With sympathetic visage, removing Condi every time I make a clone. Signet of midnights. I literally don't die to Condi.

• @TorQ.7041 said:
    U don't need that much more dmg as condi. My the Condi build I use. I have no problems killing anything other than firebrand and boonbeast. Most things die within literally less than 10 seconds. With sympathetic visage, removing Condi every time I make a clone. Signet of midnights. I literally don't die to Condi.

Not a clone, phantasm .
    Something tell me warrior/guardian/DE/ s/d thief would kill you ... Thats depends what rating you had/have in ranked , if you play it . If its silver-gold then thats explain a lot, people there dont know they shouldnt use skills with confusion up

• Trevor Boyer.6524Trevor Boyer.6524 Member ✭✭✭✭

This thread needs a NETFLIX original series made about it.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

Not a clone, phantasm .
    Something tell me warrior/guardian/DE/ s/d thief would kill you ... Thats depends what rating you had/have in ranked , if you play it . If its silver-gold then thats explain a lot, people there dont know they shouldnt use skills with confusion up

Yep I am mid gold.seadon ended. I m pretty certain i can get in plat playing this broken build. Since i only started mes a week before it ended. Basically won some 10 games straight. Then another 15 straight. If they change anything I guarantee I will be low plat next season.

Your snide remarks about gold to discredit my comment is pretty low.

Since I think the vast majority of players are gold.also if we r talking about mechanics I believe most mid upper player have mechanics down.

Not really s/d thief and guard have trouble with this. I play s/d thief and guard too. The perma Condi is just so high that if they remove it u basically just put it back on. The only 2 builds I couldn't really kill are firebrand and boonbeast but that about it.

With dead eye I just go torch 4. Signet of midnight night and or dodge distort When they reveal themselves. I blink to them n use my axe burst and shatter. Since shatter causes aoe bleed. They basically have to run. With the mass clones. I don't really have problems since it's pretty easy to de Target with the amount of skills I am given. A DE would realistically only have 1 Condi removal signet.

• jportell.2197jportell.2197 Member ✭✭✭

@TorQ.7041 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

Not a clone, phantasm .

Yep I am mid gold.seadon ended. I m pretty certain i can get in plat playing this broken build. Since i only started mes a week before it ended. Basically won some 10 games straight. Then another 15 straight. If they change anything I guarantee I will be low plat next season.

Since I think the vast majority of players are gold.also if we r talking about mechanics I believe most mid upper player have mechanics down.

Not really s/d thief and guard have trouble with this. I play s/d thief and guard too. The perma Condi is just so high that if they remove it u basically just put it back on. The only 2 builds I couldn't really kill are firebrand and boonbeast but that about it.

With dead eye I just go torch 4. Signet of midnight night and or dodge distort When they reveal themselves. I blink to them n use my axe burst and shatter. Since shatter causes aoe bleed. They basically have to run. With the mass clones. I don't really have problems since it's pretty easy to de Target with the amount of skills I am given. A DE would realistically only have 1 Condi removal signet.

What shatter causes aoe bleed? God the amount of misinformation in this thread is so frustrating

• tinyreborn.1938tinyreborn.1938 Member ✭✭✭
    edited October 31, 2018

@TorQ.7041 said:

I thought thats obvious when you have to face better players (in theory they are 'better' in ~plat2-3+) that becoming harder to deal with them

Thats sounds kinda funny for me. How you can kill s/d and core guardian and cant kil fb/soulboon while I really struggle against s/d thief/core guard and I can kill meh soulboons/FBs .
    Flanby the legendary mesmer can cry you a river explain in details everything about DE xD

@jportell.2197 said:
    What shatter causes aoe bleed? God the amount of misinformation in this thread is so frustrating

Ikr? But I guess he meant torment... some people call it 'pain' xD

edited October 31, 2018

@jportell.2197 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

Not a clone, phantasm .

Miss remembered. Not shatter. Dodge. Dodging causes bleeds. Torment is inflicted upon shatter through miaem the disillusioned

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

I thought thats obvious when you have to face better players (in theory they are 'better' in ~plat2-3+) that becoming harder to deal with them

Thats sounds kinda funny for me. How you can kill s/d and core guardian and cant kil fb/soulboon while I really struggle against s/d thief/core guard and I can kill meh soulboons/FBs .
    Flanby the legendary mesmer can cry you a river explain in details everything about DE xD

@jportell.2197 said:

Yes I meant torment. Dodge causes bleeds.

Each too their own. This is just personal experience. I m in no way a good mesmer player but it's just so easy. That it carries me. Going to keep abusing this cancer build till they Nerf it. Get my plat badge by really just a carry build.

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

@jportell.2197 said:

I don't believe straight up 1v1 a plat player would destroy me. But I do believe a plat player has better decision making of where and when to take nodes better than a gold player.

• brappish.8715brappish.8715 Member ✭✭✭

@HoneyBadger.5691 said:
    eleven pages of mostly disinformation ecks dee
    it's almost as if people think they should be able to like
    cleanse all condis they get hit with, and take zero damage
    i kno this is going to sound radical, but if you dodge the burst
    you will survive significantly longer, just like versus a power build

real talk tho, mirage is in no way op; it's countered by lots of builds in queue

you can literally outplay any mesmer easily.

Overpowered.

@brappish.8715 said:

@HoneyBadger.5691 said:

real talk tho, mirage is in no way op; it's countered by lots of builds in queue

you can literally outplay any mesmer easily.

Dont stand so close noobs. lmao this kills me.

Overpowered.

• Master Ketsu.4569Master Ketsu.4569 Member ✭✭✭✭

It's really amazing how many people are still comparing evade spam to invuln spam.

One gives you full access to your entire kit for the duration.

The other does not.

They are not even remotely close to being the same thing.

@HoneyBadger.5691 said:

Really talk tho. It's so easy to play compared to any other class. N u have so many safety nets. Torch 4, distortion,jaunt, blink, signet of midnight, u can dodge while casting. As condi ur skills really shouldn't miss. It's literally press the same buttons. Stand around and they die. Far easier than anything there is. But hey looks like mes is ur main so it's never op. Even if u can basically kill every other class in seconds while having a several safety buttons.

No worries tho. I joined the club. Going to milk pipes with this brain dead build all next season .

edited November 2, 2018

@Arlette.9684 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

@HoneyBadger.5691 said:

Really talk tho. It's so easy to play compared to any other class. N u have so many safety nets. Torch 4, distortion,jaunt, blink, signet of midnight, u can dodge while casting. As condi ur skills really shouldn't miss. It's literally press the same buttons. Stand around and they die. Far easier than anything there is. But hey looks like mes is ur main so it's never op. Even if u can basically kill every other class in seconds while having a several safety buttons.

No worries tho. I joined the club. Going to milk pipes with this brain dead build all next season .

Voted for Troll Post of the week!

Yes you are correct. Every post is a troll if it doesn't align to your opinion of your fav class. Condi mes is prefectly balanced. No matter what. Every other class don't matter.

Edit: I take all of that back. Maybe you are one of those people who can't figure out how to play even if it is pressing the excat same buttons for 8/10 wind on 7/9 match ups. But don't worry I ll write a guide for you when I get home on an easy mes build that you basically can't loose in almost any 1v1. It consistents of memorizing which buttons n u just repeat this buttons. I won 8/10 games straight then another 15 n so on. In the first day of playing this with out even knowing what anything does. Once I read what it actually does. It's even easier.

edited November 2, 2018

@TorQ.7041 said:

1) Tell us what you play as main just for laughs please.
    2) Tell us which other class can die in seconds because I do not know any.

It's the best idea of this thread, roll a mesmer and comes in leadboard to prove this monkey class is op please.

I won 8/10 games straight then another 15 n so on. In the first day of playing this with out even knowing what anything does. Once I read what it actually does. It's even easier.

I won 100% games versus potatoes too, welcome to the "I feel great winning against backpedaler & mouseclicker with no condiclear hype".

@TorQ.7041 said:

@Arlette.9684 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

@HoneyBadger.5691 said:

Yes you are correct. Every post is a troll if it doesn't align to your opinion of your fav class. Condi mes is prefectly balanced. No matter what. Every other class don't matter.

Edit: I take all of that back. Maybe you are one of those people who can't figure out how to play even if it is pressing the excat same buttons for 8/10 wind on 7/9 match ups. But don't worry I ll write a guide for you when I get home on an easy mes build that you basically can't loose in almost any 1v1. It consistents of memorizing which buttons n u just repeat this buttons. I won 8/10 games straight then another 15 n so on. In the first day of playing this with out even knowing what anything does. Once I read what it actually does. It's even easier.

Lmao this guys so mad.

did mesmer touch you as a child?

Overpowered.

• Thief , one of the most delusional folks here (one my friend told me to look at their subforum ,was a good laugh ,especially this MrCrabs xD)

• Lincolnbeard.1735Lincolnbeard.1735 Member ✭✭✭✭

@jportell.2197 said:
    Lol I just love how everyone is saying its so OP and there were only 2 mirage mains in the top 50. Both of which duoqued with someone. People are so upset about mirages they ignore boonbeast and spellbreakers.

Nice guys

It's actually a nice tactic, crying so loudly about some profession to prevent yours from being nerfed.

The degenerate

edited November 2, 2018

Honestly, I think being called overpower just makes me feel overpowered. I can smell the fear of the enemy team when I come flying in to point B completely invulnerable to all damage, one shotting every one within a 1200 radius and insta capping the point and rezzing everyone on my team all by only pressing F1 with one clone up....or maybe it was two clones...can't remember, Its pretty hard at times to pull off but usually I just zip my pants up and use both hands to play just incase im slipping up. #noskill #OP #multitaskmesmer

Continue the QQ it makes me wet

Overpowered.

• Arlette.9684Arlette.9684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@TorQ.7041 said:

@Arlette.9684 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

@HoneyBadger.5691 said:

Thanks for the chuckle :)

Vae Victus!
    [Hcm] Promotraitor

• Shadow Order.7258Shadow Order.7258 Member ✭✭✭
    edited November 2, 2018

No feedback needed guys. We like cancer in our game. Classes like Condi memerage and permastealth oneshot memeeye are what we strive for when trying to figure out how to push more player base to other games.

BTW have you seen our new gem store items?

@Shadow Order.7258 said:
    No feedback needed guys. We like cancer in our game. Classes like Condi memerage and permastealth oneshot memeeye are what we strive for when trying to figure out how to push more player base to other games.

BTW have you seen our new gem store items?

go play dark souls or maybe runescape plz. buying gf.

Overpowered.

• Crab Fear.1624Crab Fear.1624 Member ✭✭✭✭

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

Thief , one of the most delusional folks here (one my friend told me to look at their subforum ,was a good laugh ,especially this MrCrabs xD)

I only post as Crab.
    99% of the stuff I post is trol.....truly what I believe in my heart.

Soon™ ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

• Cleave clones, dodge burst, stow wep if u mis time the dodge... mirage is probably the easiest side noder to 1v1

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

Thief , one of the most delusional folks here (one my friend told me to look at their subforum ,was a good laugh ,especially this MrCrabs xD)

Worse, TorQ plays S/D thief.
    One of the counters to condi mirage.

The degenerate

• Arlette.9684Arlette.9684 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

Worse, TorQ plays S/D thief.
    One of the counters to condi mirage.

Thank you so much for pointing me to the right subforum.
    https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/59255/is-thief-spent#latest

This thread made my long and exhausting workweek, instantly better. I laughed with all I had when I read his posts. Thank you again :heart:

Vae Victus!
    [Hcm] Promotraitor

• Bigpapasmurf.5623Bigpapasmurf.5623 Member ✭✭✭✭

@Vicariuz.1605 said:
    Better nerf power core mesmer tho :^) it "was overperforming in low tier play"

Since we seem to only care about rail roading players into dev driven metas and builds, some of which present actual degeneration of the game mode through abusive mechanics like target dropping outside of stealth (with low cooldown) on a class that is also simultaneously inherently abusing the trash targeting system (high clone generation rate obscuring mouse accuracy, lets not get into tab target...) and rendering speed (coming out of stealth animations), any one that plays the game mode can see where the real issues exist.

It is actually very irritating, as primarily a mesmer player (10k+ mesmer games), that I have no choice (if i want to remain above plat 1) but to play this cancerous condi mirage build because every single person above plat 1 will dodge a power shatter outside of a stun; ESPECIALLY when the reasoning behind the decision to GUT every single power mesmer build was "Bad players need to be enabled to continue playing poorly." There was a small discussion about it on stream this morning, where power mesmer was compared to "cheese p/p thief where you press 1 button all day" by a dev, completely and utterly failing to understand that 1. Thief relies not on cooldowns (like power mesmer does) but initiative and 2. Mesmer power burst requires set up AND execution to do its damage, with a minimum of 5 cooldowns used for any significant burst (with a plethora of mitigation available).

It was SHOCKING and a huge wake up call for me to hear that power mesmer was a higher priority for the dev team than condi mirage, and that they did not seem to consider chaos sage condi mirage "cheese."

Kudos for justifying playing the noob mirage build.....kudos.

My theory is "Those that can't Mirage, play condi". I used it when I was learning mirage and its mechanics (as cancerous and brain-dead as it is to play). Went to my own non-meta DPS build and there i stayed. When it comes to 1v1, both are good. Feels good not to rely on the condi Mirage's ridiculous condi sustain to win.

Reminds me of a thief using SR....its a crutch....just like a condi Mirage

Just my 2 cents

Red = Dead...or someone runs away. Either way it's gone.
    twitch.tv/TRMC
    Lover of Jumping puzzles, Squirrels, WvW, and Taimi
    Co-Leader of SOmething inAPpropriate {SOAP}

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:
    My theory is "Those that can't Mirage, play condi". I used it when I was learning mirage and its mechanics (as cancerous and brain-dead as it is to play). Went to my own non-meta DPS build and there i stayed. When it comes to 1v1, both are good. Feels good not to rely on the condi Mirage's ridiculous condi sustain to win.

Just my 2 cents

"Those that can't soulbeast, play boonbeast"
    "Those that can't holo, play elixir/tools"
    "Those that can't weaver play s/d"
    and so on.

Works for everything really!

The degenerate

• My only gripe with Condi mirage is the insane amount of disengage. Realistically, you should never die. The only changes if like to see are; make sword ambush require a target, like guardian sword 2. I'd also like to see an ICD added to blinding dissipation, not because it's op but because it's horrible to play against as a melee class where dodging shatters is a guessing game and not reactable (if that's even a word).

~ God Tier Guardian

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Just my 2 cents

and so on.

Now someone is catching on :)

twitch.tv/TRMC

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Just my 2 cents

and so on.

Those that cant play thief play rifle deadeye.
    Those that can't play necro play scourge.

kitten goes on and on.

@jportell.2197 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

@Lincolnbeard.1735 said:

@Bigpapasmurf.5623 said:

Just my 2 cents

and so on.

Those that cant play thief play rifle deadeye.
    Those that can't play necro play scourge.

kitten goes on and on.

YISS....and for scourge, only applies to condi scourges (TB or Dire). DPS ones are decent from what ive seen.

twitch.tv/TRMC

My only gripe with Condi mirage is the insane amount of disengage. Realistically, you should never die. The only changes if like to see are; make sword ambush require a target, like guardian sword 2. I'd also like to see an ICD added to blinding dissipation, not because it's op but because it's horrible to play against as a melee class where dodging shatters is a guessing game and not reactable (if that's even a word).

What's funny is so many mirage players don't run that trait anymore as evasive mirror works better against static disc engines, pew pew soul beasts, and rifle deadeye.

As for disengage if the mirage is running sword they have blink, and sword ambush. Maybe signet of midnight. Nearly every class in the game could catch a mirage when they disengage if they wanted to.

Holos have holo 2, toss elixir S, and rifle 5.
    Thieves have best disengage potential in the game.
    Boonbeast has sword 2. And the smoke field off their pet if they run it.
    Spellbreakers have the best mobility skills on the shortest cooldowns.
    Weavers have ride the lightning.
    Revs I'm not sure on.

Guards and necros are maybe the only 2 classes in the game.that couldn't catch mirage if they choose to disengage.
    Also in Spvp if a player disengages from you congratulations, you just won that fight.

If you guys want mirage to have no disengage potential give it the staying power of other classes. Specifically spellbreaker and boonbeast.

@TorQ.7041 said:

@jportell.2197 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

@TorQ.7041 said:

Not a clone, phantasm .

Miss remembered. Not shatter. Dodge. Dodging causes bleeds. Torment is inflicted upon shatter through miaem the disillusioned

No mirage worth their salt runs dune cloak. God that skill is bad

edited November 3, 2018

My only gripe with Condi mirage is the insane amount of disengage. Realistically, you should never die. The only changes if like to see are; make sword ambush require a target, like guardian sword 2. I'd also like to see an ICD added to blinding dissipation, not because it's op but because it's horrible to play against as a melee class where dodging shatters is a guessing game and not reactable (if that's even a word).

You compare sw2 on guardian to MT? Its not a teleport ,it doesnt leave an AOE damaging fields behind. Nothing alike. You also forgot that can be used without target or target beyond its range for teleport. MT can be compared to warrior sword 2 which dont need target .
    Dont forget to increase cd on holo2 to ~6 and let them use it only with target withing 450 range . Lets see their reaction

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

You compare sw2 on guardian to MT? Its not a teleport ,it doesnt leave an AOE damaging fields behind. Nothing alike. You also forgot that can be used without target or target beyond its range for teleport. MT can be compared to warrior sword 2 which dont need target .
    Dont forget to increase cd on holo2 to ~6 and let them use it only with target withing 450 range . Lets see their reaction

For real!!!

• @tinyreborn.1938 said:

I mean, guard sword 2 doesn't daze or leave a clone. Arguing semantics is pointless. The classes are completely different. Mesmer already had more than enough out of combat mobility even with this change. I also didn't compare them as similar skills, I'm simply saying that making it require a target would cut down on mirages insane mobility without touching core or Chrono.

~ God Tier Guardian

edited November 3, 2018

@tinyreborn.1938 said:

I mean, guard sword 2 doesn't daze or leave a clone. Arguing semantics is pointless. The classes are completely different. Mesmer already had more than enough out of combat mobility even with this change. I also didn't compare them as similar skills, I'm simply saying that making it require a target would cut down on mirages insane mobility without touching core or Chrono.

Oh well ,its you felt need to butt in with your sword 2(btw I even said they are NOTHING ALIKE to be compared) . And clearly you never played it ,fine. Its doesnt create a clone unless used right on someone within range and TARGET ,neither it daze anything if its doesnt land . And its so dumb that stars must alignt to let this skill actually hit ,even when you literally hug people .
    Insane mobility? Insane disengage? Jaunts used defensively/offensively in combat , who keep all of them just to disengage? Blink is only disengage tool I believe?
    What an insane mobility without swfitness or movespeed runes ... xD
    Fyi to make an ambush with a sword you have to be on that weapon (Most mesmers play axe/staff ) and waste a dodge if you have it . Wasting dodges without access to vigor out of combat and be caught w/o any is fun for sure /sarcasm.
    Your only argument about 'insane' mobility would be a portal

©2010–2018 ArenaNet, LLC. All rights reserved. Guild Wars, Guild Wars 2, Heart of Thorns, Guild Wars 2: Path of Fire, ArenaNet, NCSOFT, the Interlocking NC Logo, and all associated logos and designs are trademarks or registered trademarks of NCSOFT Corporation. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.