Silent Scope

WJHB.8130

Is it just me or is this skill unbelievably clunky? The setup for a burst is kneel, mark, DODGE?, death's judgement? It seems odd to burn a dodge, a fundamentally defensive skill, on a BURST. And it looks/feels completely out of place. You're 1500 units away from your enemy and rolling around to increase damage. I'm not necessarily saying that we have to go back to the old "kneel gives you stealth" but there has to be a rework of this. Maybe make kneel a stage channel ability? Press it or hold it for like less than a second and you'll just kneel but press and hold it and you'll kneel and go into stealth. This would prevent people from QQ'ing about deadeye being "op" while also not destroying the theme of the spec.

TL;DR: If I went to the rifle range to qualify with my M4 and started rolling around in the dirt before taking a 300m shot I'd look stupid as hell and definitely miss the shot. Anet pls fix.

you don't need to kneel unless you're comfortable camping your spot. Otherwise you just Mark, spam 2 and 3, and then either dodge or use F2 at max stacks for stealth, and then DJ auto kneels on use. If you're at max range, then using dodge is not at risk of leaving you vulnerable. If you're close enough for it to matter, the stealth last long enough to move out of an AOE circle and attack. As you get better at managing movement, you start to combine those actions so a defense dodge follows up with DJ, or move yourself into position for back stab, as small, quick sequence of actions. Stealth on dodge is good, because the resource is Cheap and doesn't root you the way kneel does (also leaves all your utility skills open for other things).

If in PvP its a similar story, since you need more access to stealth on Rifle (to use malice) then all your other skills can offer in any protracted fight. Unless you want to take Shadow arts for Stealth on Steal... but thats only good for a 1 stack DJ hit.

EDIT in an after thought, you could also use Improvisation for 2 uses of the F2 skill

@"WJHB.8130" said:

TL;DR: If I went to the rifle range to qualify with my M4 and started rolling around in the dirt before taking a 300m shot I'd look stupid as hell and definitely miss the shot. Anet pls fix.

wait wait wait.... did you just use "real life logic" to justify changing how you magically go invisible, and use an ability that also magically makes your gun shoot bigger caliber bullets... but only once... before going back to shooting its regular one?

@starlinvf.1358 said:you don't need to kneel unless you're comfortable camping your spot. Otherwise you just Mark, spam 2 and 3, and then either dodge or use F2 at max stacks for stealth, and then DJ auto kneels on use. If you're at max range, then using dodge is not at risk of leaving you vulnerable. If you're close enough for it to matter, the stealth last long enough to move out of an AOE circle and attack. As you get better at managing movement, you start to combine those actions so a defense dodge follows up with DJ, or move yourself into position for back stab, as small, quick sequence of actions. Stealth on dodge is good, because the resource is Cheap and doesn't root you the way kneel does (also leaves all your utility skills open for other things).

If in PvP its a similar story, since you need more access to stealth on Rifle (to use malice) then all your other skills can offer in any protracted fight. Unless you want to take Shadow arts for Stealth on Steal... but thats only good for a 1 stack DJ hit.

EDIT in an after thought, you could also use Improvisation for 2 uses of the F2 skill

Kneel skills do way more dmg tho. 3 round burst does way more than double tap. U can demolish a necro by really just spamming 3 round bursts.

@starlinvf.1358 said:

@"WJHB.8130" said:

wait wait wait.... did you just use "real life logic" to justify changing how you magically go invisible, and use an ability that also magically makes your gun shoot bigger caliber bullets... but only once... before going back to shooting its regular one?

More "immersion logic" but yes. At least having higher damage rounds makes some immersion sense but rolling to do more damage makes absolutely none.

Archived