Firebland and stab

Jski.6180

Something that most wvw ppl realize is that firebrand is a very boring class to play but is a requirement to play wvw. This is do it game play of the firebrand and how its the only viable support who had stab. Wvw has become a bech mark of classes both support and attk with borderline gear scores for viabltiy. Something needs to be done.

Support Stab NEEDS to be split up between the classes firebrand should not be the only viable stab support class in the game. Not just a 1 or 2 stack stab on a 3 sec duration too it needs to be real stab support that lets ppl get though hard cc with out needed a pocket firebrand.

Scraper needs aoe stab from its gyros denotation. Tempest needs stab on auras. Druid needs aoe stab on glyph.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@Zero.3871 said:the last this game Need is MORE boonspam. yes FB support is beyond broken, but reduce FB support would be way better solution

Well if the player is choosing another class over FB it may drop the boon spam as giving ppl more of a chose then a must run FB for another class if they can stab support.

Its not like i am asking for dmg aimed classes to get aoe stab such as giving rev more stab or giving reaper aoe stab.

If you where going to play support in wvw then FB should not be the only chose for having stab support like it is now.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Zero.3871 said:the last this game Need is MORE boonspam. yes FB support is beyond broken, but reduce FB support would be way better solution

Well if the player is choosing another class over FB it may drop the boon spam as giving ppl more of a chose then a must run FB for another class if they can stab support.

Its not like i am asking for dmg aimed classes to get aoe stab such as giving rev more stab or giving reaper aoe stab.

If you where going to play support in wvw then FB should not be the only chose for having stab support like it is now.

but Guard have always been stab even back before FB and its 1 of guards main boon like retaliation nerf guard more end we have nothing left on guardian PvP guardian is not on the top tier Pve the guard lost the ground to necromancer, chrono, and warrior and all we have left is supporting and we are great at it don't nerf what the class is all about. Firebrand is the only class that is holding wvw together and first of all nerf dmg by 200% nerf boon strip and cc and aoe spam and then we can talk about nerfing Firebrand if u nerf healing or stab u will have no zerg and i don't want that in wvw

@Sylli.3891 said:

but Guard have always been stab even back before FB and its 1 of guards main boon like retaliation nerf guard more end we have nothing left on guardian PvP guardian is not on the top tier Pve the guard lost the ground to necromancer, chrono, and warrior and all we have left is supporting and we are great at it dont nerf what the class is all about.

But that stab was a non stacking stab where any stab would be enofe to get though all cc in the game. We now have stacking stab and guard core dose not have enofe stab support to fill that roll any more only FB has the stab that lets ppl move in wvw both def and aggressively and that not a good thing.

Pve dose not need stab mobs are not that spam happy as players are lol.

Spreading out stab to other support elite spec would go a long way to having more classes in wvw and remove this toxic come as one class only all the time or your not allowed to play. Its a real problem and making the wvw community super isolated.

@Jski.6180 said:

but Guard have always been stab even back before FB and its 1 of guards main boon like retaliation nerf guard more end we have nothing left on guardian PvP guardian is not on the top tier Pve the guard lost the ground to necromancer, chrono, and warrior and all we have left is supporting and we are great at it dont nerf what the class is all about.

But that stab was a non stacking stab where any stab would be enofe to get though all cc in the game. We now have stacking stab and guard core dose not have enofe stab support to fill that roll any more only FB has the stab that lets ppl move in wvw both def and aggressively and that not a good thing.

Pve dose not need stab mobs are not that spam happy as players are lol.

Spreading out stab to other support elite spec would go a long way to having more classes in wvw and remove this toxic come as one class only all the time or your not allowed to play. Its a real problem and making the wvw community super isolated.

Ye but Guardian have always been a stab class and the FB make it stackable ye but the problem lay in all the spam cc and aoe skill if u give all classes stab then u have to give more cc. the problem is that the guard only have 1 role that work for guardian and Support is the main thing guard is good at. If u give all other classes the same healing and the same stab u will undermine guard and it will never be played and u have to buff guardian other place

Not using Stab in dungeon is a bad choice i can say that all from Ac/Cof/SE/Coe/open world i use stab if i dont the group will be down in a few sec and stun lock.

@Sovereign.1093 said:i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

@Jski.6180 said:

Guardian where ever since release the stab support class no 1 but in the past before pof addon, there where classes that have more heal (like druids) or more boons (likechrono). also was 1 Guardian not able to perma stab his Group so you mostly played something like 2 Guardians+druid/chrono+2 dmg dealer(rev,ele,necro) per Group before pof.

but FB is so superiour that no chrono or druid could come close to it. 1 FB is like 2 core guards + 1 druid or chrono in once. that is simply too much. reducing FB support capability would bring druid and chronos back to meta without buffing them directly.

@Zero.3871 said:

Guardian where ever since release the stab support class no 1 but in the past before pof addon, there where classes that have more heal (like druids) or more boons (likechrono). also was 1 Guardian not able to perma stab his Group so you mostly played something like 2 Guardians+druid/chrono+2 dmg dealer(rev,ele,necro) per Group before pof.

1 guard can't permanently stab their group now due to the prevalence of boon stripping and corruption.

@Jski.6180 said:But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

I play mostly FB nowadays and I'm not bored of the class, don't speak for other people.If you want to play something other than FB and still support your group with heals, take a support Renegade. With the new update Renegades can now give alacrity to 10 people at once, that's huge. Get your boon duration to at least 70 and you'll have near permanent alacrity for 10 people at once at all times while mobile in a zerg. Note also that alacrity helps with siege weapons, which will make you very much appreciated. Paired with Jalis, you can spit out stab to your group as well, than you can take Ventari to burst heal or Demon stance to give out resistance to counter all the condition spam.

@Jski.6180 said:

@Sovereign.1093 said:i love my fb. it's been nerfed a lot over time. no more qq ok? dont like it? dont play it. play what you like.

Nothing about nerfing the FB class i am just pointing out they are the only real support in wvw because the other support classes lack stab support. But i think ppl who do play nothing but FB are very bord with the class and would like to play other support classes but they cant because of how little stab other support classes have.

FB is the support class end all be all but it has room to go the burn build and some ppl have fun on these build but they cant go that build with out making another FB take there places. Having a bit more stab on other support classes will take presser off the boring FB builds of pure support and let them have a bit more different game play.

engi rev chrono scourge sb setup is comparable if not better than the fb setup. =)

if i knew how to play engi, i'd do it

Every zerg groups needs guard.Before PoF it was 2 guards per group.When HoT indroduced dragonhunter with great ranged CC and trap-damage, it was completely ignored in WvW zerg setups.In PoF you basically got an upgrade of everything the core guard was used for in WvW, so now core guards are mostly ignored...Reliable Group stability from more classes has been demanded for years. For some time, throw-elixir-b from engi, when fully buffed, was comparable to "stand your ground", but projectile with ground targeting and small radius.

However, I think the gameplay is more demanding than core-guards and I'm happy that zergs can have less than 40% guards now. Makes a lot of room for other classes.

Another class that can apply group stability to an extent is heal-scrapper with bulwark gyro.We had a lot of fun in an engi-only raid! ^^Well, that only worked because of the self-stability, blocks and invulns, but still something to think about when talking about group composition and stability. ^^

@Sovereign.1093 said:

engi rev chrono scourge sb setup is comparable if not better than the fb setup. =)

They do not. Chorno stab is very dependent on FB giving them the stab to share.

@Jski.6180 said:

you are assuming stab is coming from the chrono. whereas i am asuming pirate shipish. where more rev and chrono supports and engi heals. sb does thr usual and scourge does the bomb.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

you are assuming stab is coming from the chrono. whereas i am asuming pirate shipish. where more rev and chrono supports and engi heals. sb does thr usual and scourge does the bomb.

What? your revs should be doing dmg more then supporting in a ranged environment. You bring up a good point that having stab on FB only leads to this pirate shipish meta as ppl do not want to play FB all of the time and other classes they want to play simply lack the stab support to get into melee ranged.

@Jski.6180 said:

What? your revs should be doing dmg more then supporting in a ranged environment. You bring up a good point that having stab on FB only leads to this pirate shipish meta as ppl do not want to play FB all of the time and other classes they want to play simply lack the stab support to get into melee ranged.

engi and does the support chrono does util sb does spike and boon strip rev does range and boon corrupt and so does necro. can fit one ele to.mass ae downs.

in team of 10 3 engi 3 rev 1 sb 1 chrono 1 weaver 1 sb. would be fun to see.

@Sovereign.1093 said:

engi and does the support chrono does util sb does spike and boon strip rev does range and boon corrupt and so does necro. can fit one ele to.mass ae downs.

in team of 10 3 engi 3 rev 1 sb 1 chrono 1 weaver 1 sb. would be fun to see.

Or you have 2-3 FB 2 SB 3-4 scorge 1 chrono and 1-2 rev and rip though every thing in the game. There is a diffrent level of stab support FB brings to a fight and realy support over all to not have at the least ok stab support on the other support classes is to ask them to not be used at all.Also where the tempest and druid in your set up? I image they where asked to leave pt and wvw to let more vaiuble classes in and that IS where wvw is at now. Please take the blinder from your eyes ppl are realty pain here and are quitting the game in droves because they are bored playing FB and are not allowed to play with others on the "wrong" classes.

Archived