Simplify WvW currencies and reward system

Jimbru.6014

The only currency that isn't self explanatory would be.. skirmish tickets. Those are insanely valuable because of their relatively low limit. The rest? What would need simplifying? I don't understand the issue here. Even if you don't know about reward tracks, the game tells you as you build up participation (a system that is also very self explanatory) and it cycles through unless you lock it. This is hardly overwhelming for even the newest of players. XP and ranks are.. just that. Nothing to learn or see here, except for the ability to spend them. 5 minutes of looking at the WvW tab at most, then you never have to think about it again.

@Blocki.4931 said:The only currency that isn't self explanatory would be.. skirmish tickets. Those are insanely valuable because of their relatively low limit.

Skirmish tickets? Insanely valuable? Haha for me they are worthless due to the fact its only for weapons and armor. Memories of battle on the other hand, kitten expensive and you barely get any of them. If only skirmish tickets was actually more used as a currency for other things, sigh. Try buying an ascended salvage kit for WvW mats, its like a couple of hours worth of skirmish tickets and several weeks worth of memories of battle.

They would only insanely valuable if we could sell that worthless junk.

@Blocki.4931 said:The only currency that isn't self explanatory would be.. skirmish tickets. Those are insanely valuable because of their relatively low limit. The rest? What would need simplifying? I don't understand the issue here. Even if you don't know about reward tracks, the game tells you as you build up participation (a system that is also very self explanatory) and it cycles through unless you lock it. This is hardly overwhelming for even the newest of players. XP and ranks are.. just that. Nothing to learn or see here, except for the ability to spend them. 5 minutes of looking at the WvW tab at most, then you never have to think about it again.

Skirmish Tickets are valuable? What? Even without the tickets, buying a Armor piece from the WvW Vendor costs more then crafting it.

Is the UI jarring or the amount of currency? I agree there are too many fill the bar elements in the interface. I don't find the currencies an issue in themselves.

The reason for new currencies for new content is to control inflation for the primary currency (gold). It's a quick and dirty 'fix' to introduce another token so players have a reason to participate in a given area without enforcing harsh fees to control the primary currency. Does this make the wallet more messy over time? You betcha. The whole purpose of the wallet was to consolidate said currencies instead of filling up the bank.

D:

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

@"Blocki.4931" said:The only currency that isn't self explanatory would be.. skirmish tickets. Those are insanely valuable because of their relatively low limit. The rest? What would need simplifying? I don't understand the issue here. Even if you don't know about reward tracks, the game tells you as you build up participation (a system that is also very self explanatory) and it cycles through unless you lock it. This is hardly overwhelming for even the newest of players. XP and ranks are.. just that. Nothing to learn or see here, except for the ability to spend them. 5 minutes of looking at the WvW tab at most, then you never have to think about it again.

Skirmish Tickets are valuable? What? Even without the tickets, buying a Armor piece from the WvW Vendor costs more then crafting it.

You can also buy sets of ascended trinkets with them + memories of battle fyi. Since they are heavily limited, they are "worth" a lot, certainly more than Badges of Honor or Testimonies, which you get in the thousands. Actual use may differ. Besides, it's still the only currency that is 100% exclusive to pip chests, so no chance of people randomly finding them and wondering what to do with them (or understanding that they are meant for the long-term purchases)

@Blocki.4931 said:

@Blocki.4931 said:The only currency that isn't self explanatory would be.. skirmish tickets. Those are insanely valuable because of their relatively low limit. The rest? What would need simplifying? I don't understand the issue here. Even if you don't know about reward tracks, the game tells you as you build up participation (a system that is also very self explanatory) and it cycles through unless you lock it. This is hardly overwhelming for even the newest of players. XP and ranks are.. just that. Nothing to learn or see here, except for the ability to spend them. 5 minutes of looking at the WvW tab at most, then you never have to think about it again.

You can also buy sets of ascended trinkets with them + memories of battle fyi. Since they are heavily limited, they are "worth" a lot, certainly more than Badges of Honor or Testimonies, which you get in the thousands. Actual
use
may differ. Besides, it's still the only currency that is 100% exclusive to pip chests, so no chance of people randomly finding them and wondering what to do with them (or understanding that they are meant for the long-term purchases)

Would you REALLY pay 107g + 1310 tickets for a full Mist Trinket Set?Thats 36-40 Hours of WvW in 3 weeks.

Exspecialy when you can just use the season 3 reward tracks and maps for trinkets.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

You can also buy sets of ascended trinkets with them + memories of battle fyi. Since they are heavily limited, they are "worth" a lot, certainly more than Badges of Honor or Testimonies, which you get in the thousands. Actual
use
may differ. Besides, it's still the only currency that is 100% exclusive to pip chests, so no chance of people randomly finding them and wondering what to do with them (or understanding that they are meant for the long-term purchases)

Would you REALLY pay 107g + 1310 tickets for a full Mist Trinket Set?Thats 36-40 Hours of WvW in 3 weeks.

Exspecialy when you can just use the season 3 reward tracks and maps for trinkets.

As they can be reset, yes. Not that I would farm them FOR that purpose. But because I get them doing the primary mode I enjoy, it's worth it to me. I have a full1250 MoB, along with 8 stacks in my guild bank. I know the code of those will go up slightly, and may sell them later, but using now for some items is worth it to me.

Secondly, as far as the reward track items, I don't do those map currencies much as I am trying to collect spirit shards (legendaries) (tomes of knowledge). The rubies track doesn't give enough.

And the berries one can't be reset for accessories.

Gold for gold, you are correct that it doesn't make sense. But as I am working through my second set of legendary armor, it's becomes a side effect for me.

@Strider Pj.2193 said:

use

As they can be reset, yes. Not that I would farm them FOR that purpose. But because I get them doing the primary mode I enjoy, it's worth it to me. I have a full1250 MoB, along with 8 stacks in my guild bank. I know the code of those will go up slightly, and may sell them later, but using now for some items is worth it to me.

Secondly, as far as the reward track items, I don't do those map currencies much as I am trying to collect spirit shards (legendaries) (tomes of knowledge). The rubies track doesn't give enough.

Gold for gold, you are correct that it doesn't make sense. But as I am working through my second set of legendary armor, it's becomes a side effect for me.

The legendary is ok.Its ALL the other stuff thats WAAAAAY overpriced.

A light Asc. Chest Piece with Marauder Stats costs 52g to craft.The same Armor costs 72g + 350 Tickets on the WvW Vendor.

@DanAlcedo.3281 said:

use

The legendary is ok.Its ALL the other stuff thats WAAAAAY overpriced.

A light Asc. Chest Piece with Marauder Stats costs 52g to craft.The same Armor costs 72g + 350 Tickets on the WvW Vendor.

I agree. I am glad that adding the shards has reduced the cost a little. I have enough of them now to make marks for the cheat piece, but enough shards for all the precursor armor is really high.

I will say for some of the more difficult and expensive to obtain stat combos it can be comparable.

I just like that we have the option.

Archived