Gen 1 Legendaries

Any chance we can spice some of these up? And update what skills they affect? Frostfang seems extremely lackluster compared to Astralaria (as an example). I said some however BECAUSE I would take Incinerator over Claw of Khan-ur. Am I alone in this opinion? If so that's totally cool because my only reference is wiki. And building a legendary seems like an extremely long term investment. All of that for ascended stats and a pretty item doesn't seem to always pay off fantastically like with Frostfang. (Personal opinion, Wiki only shows Ice and not much else happening while Astralaria cosmos's it up)

Changing cosmetics after they're released is always risky, especially when it's something people have spent a lot of time and gold to get. Cosmetics are highly subjective - for every person who thinks an animation is lacking there's someone else who thinks it's perfect the way it is and a 3rd person who thinks it's already over the top and would prefer it toned down a bit. You cannot please all of them no matter what you do.

Anet can and have changed legendaries occasionally in the past, but only when it was something they considered broken or missing. It's unlikely they're going to re-work gen 1 legendaries just because they've made more 'dramatic' ones (or re-work gen 2 ones because the gen 1 verison is flashier).

@Danikat.8537 said:Changing cosmetics after they're released is always risky, especially when it's something people have spent a lot of time and gold to get. Cosmetics are highly subjective - for every person who thinks an animation is lacking there's someone else who thinks it's perfect the way it is and a 3rd person who thinks it's already over the top and would prefer it toned down a bit. You cannot please all of them no matter what you do.

Anet can and have changed legendaries occasionally in the past, but only when it was something they considered broken or missing. It's unlikely they're going to re-work gen 1 legendaries just because they've made more 'dramatic' ones (or re-work gen 2 ones because the gen 1 verison is flashier).

They reworked gen1 legendaries. Except frostfang.

@Ashantara.8731 said:

@Voltekka.2375 said:They reworked gen1 legendaries. Except frostfang.

More details, please, because I don't believe it. Also, even though I would put non-legendary skins on most of the (rather ugly) legendaries, I still wouldn't want any of them to be changed in their looks, because some of them I like the way they are.

I do recall them reworking some of the legendarys from gen 1, but not every legendary got updated. Minstrel got updated, i know that for a fact cause when i first got it its effect was barely noticeable and now its obvious.

@Tyson.5160 said:Yeah Minstrel, got a draw effect, footfalls and an arm aura added, all at one time. I think Frostfang is mainly missing a draw effect, which would do wonders.

Forgive me im wrong, but Kudzu, Frostfang, Howler, the UW weapons and...the pistol, dont have a full set of effects do they? I forget if the greatswords do or not, the hammer i believe does and I know Zap, Incinerator, Minstrel, Predator, FS Prophecy's have a full set of effects.

edit: forgot the the torch(rodgorts) and the Mace(Moot) i never see them so i have no clue if they do or not.

I just want a good looking legendary Axe D:. And Frostfang is such a bummer. You get an ice arm and snow steps and I think One or Two ability changes. If Frostfang adjusted the 1, 2, 3 of Axe that would be amazing.

As a side question, if I get The Binding of Ipos and Astralaria (Might as well, Fang is :c ) will my Focus abilities change? How do main/off-hand legendaries work?

Honestly I feel like a lot of the gen 1 legendaries are much better compared to the later released ones in the expansions. Aside from maybe like Nevermore because its effects/theme is so unique as is imo, but with that being said I'd still go with bifrost. I feel like the effects on some of the new weapons are more toned down compared to gen 1.

@Dante.1763 said:

@Tyson.5160 said:Yeah Minstrel, got a draw effect, footfalls and an arm aura added, all at one time. I think Frostfang is mainly missing a draw effect, which would do wonders.

Forgive me im wrong, but Kudzu, Frostfang, Howler, the UW weapons and...the pistol, dont have a full set of effects do they? I forget if the greatswords do or not, the hammer i believe does and I know Zap, Incinerator, Minstrel, Predator, FS Prophecy's have a full set of effects.

edit: forgot the the torch(rodgorts) and the Mace(Moot) i never see them so i have no clue if they do or not.

Kudzu has everything. Draw effect, footfalls arm aura. Howler has a full body effect and footfalls. I think Quip has everything except instead of an arm aura , however instead you get a full body purple aura. Rodgort doesn’t have a draw effect so it’s similar to Frostfang. The GS don’t have an arm aura, but have a full body aura. Oh and Moot doesn’t have an arm aura.

The UW are a bit weird too, I think there is a draw effect and then different aura.

@Kitarpa.8143 said:Honestly I feel like a lot of the gen 1 legendaries are much better compared to the later released ones in the expansions. Aside from maybe like Nevermore because its effects/theme is so unique as is imo, but with that being said I'd still go with bifrost. I feel like the effects on some of the new weapons are more toned down compared to gen 1.

Nevermore is a beautiful Legendary, what’s a bit of a downside is the footfalls are so short! You can barely tell they are there. It’s very similar for the first 4 Gen 2 Legendaries they made and seem to have gotten better starting from Eureka on, though Eureka’s footfalks are a tad on the shorter side too.

@StabbersTheThird.6053 said:Any chance we can spice some of these up? And update what skills they affect? Frostfang seems extremely lackluster compared to Astralaria (as an example). I said some however BECAUSE I would take Incinerator over Claw of Khan-ur. Am I alone in this opinion? If so that's totally cool because my only reference is wiki. And building a legendary seems like an extremely long term investment. All of that for ascended stats and a pretty item doesn't seem to always pay off fantastically like with Frostfang. (Personal opinion, Wiki only shows Ice and not much else happening while Astralaria cosmos's it up)

I'm very happy with my Frostfang BUT the arm-covering effect is only really noticeable on Asura, other races totally hide some features in one way or another, also, this happens with stuff like Winter's Presence, as in, the cold aura is in different positions and sizes (not even centered on some characters) depending on your character race, like, Asura get the whole thing right while norns and charrs have the cold aura starting at about half their height or lower (like, it affects the mount instead of the character itself) and I'm pretty sure the snow placement is totally wrong on charr.

It's easy to assume this also happens on other legendaries and auras so, it'd be a good thing to have a look at'em, a quality-pass, yes. They HAVE TO look good, else what's the point?

The Frostfang effects are really lackluster. The frosty arm could be more noticable, you can barely tell its even there and while we're at it please rework the ice hit sound effect because my ears do not enjoy the stupid sound a billion times while whirling my way through the world.

@Blocki.4931 said:The Frostfang effects are really lackluster. The frosty arm could be more noticable, you can barely tell its even there and while we're at it please rework the ice hit sound effect because my ears do not enjoy the stupid sound a billion times while whirling my way through the world.

You can reduce the frequency of that in settings or completely disable it. Changing the sound won't make a difference. With enough repetition any sound can become annoying.

Archived