What class should a new player to raids play?

Druid has a very low skillfloor as most of the time you will take 2 so the other druid will sorta fix you're mistakes. It is quite difficult to master tho and you will have to learn to do some more mechanics.

Power deadeye would be a good choice to oearn as its an easy dps class but it comes with 2 problems.1) A full deadeye team will almost never work by lack of cleave.2) some bosses favor condi classes / can't flank them.

Both should work out either way

There are multiple types of "new" player.1) player that is new to raids but have been playing the game for some time -> gold is not an issue2) player that doesnt have huge funds

Generaly I would stay away from chrono and druid. Both of them require knowlage of the fight to perform well. Druid is easier to start with tgen chrono so he might be also ok to start with.

Goal is to find a build that doesnt have that hard so you can focus more on fights.

My suggestion would be core power warrior (especialy if 2) ). Power soulbeast, daredevil or dragonhunter are also good. Condition shortbow/shortbow soulbeast is very easy to pick up but only if 1) (viper is expensive)

For exact builds look at snowcrows.com

EDIT: yes, power deadeye is very good dps for raids

@"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:There are multiple types of "new" player.1) player that is new to raids but have been playing the game for some time -> gold is not an issue2) player that doesnt have huge funds

Generaly I would stay away from chrono and druid. Both of them require knowlage of the fight to perform well. Druid is easier to start with tgen chrono so he might be also ok to start with.

Goal is to find a build that doesnt have that hard so you can focus more on fights.

My suggestion would be core power warrior (especialy if 2) ). Power soulbeast, daredevil or dragonhunter are also good. Condition shortbow/shortbow soulbeast is very easy to pick up but only if 1) (viper is expensive)

Is there a lot of dodging required for bosses?

@Joshewwah.2956 said:

@"ButcherofMalakir.4067" said:There are multiple types of "new" player.1) player that is new to raids but have been playing the game for some time -> gold is not an issue2) player that doesnt have huge funds

Is there a lot of dodging required for bosses?

That depends. Most of the dangers can be walked away if you mind your surrundings (you have time). Also your chronomancers can share aegis/stability to block atacks for you. Generaly if you are not dodging randomly you should have more then enough dodges

I would say the easiest classes to start with are power deadeye for power damage, chaos mirage for condi damage and Berserker Bannerslave (added benefit with the BS that most support here comes from the banners so even in the beginning that you might screw up your rotation you are still useful for the squad as long as you do not forget to throw your banners).

All 3 are easy to pick and you can fill a lot of roles between them thus relatively easy to fit in a squad.

I think a good starting class for most people is Banner Slave (warrior support).

Every group needs one... Your only job is basically to drop banners, passively give Empower Allies, and CC. After that, you're jut basically playing dps, except with the added bonus that most pug groups don't really care if your dps is that awesome. This means that so long as you keep banners down and instantly CC the boss's breakbar, you have a little more leeway to focus on the mechanics/learn the ins and out of the fight without worrying about your rotation being super tight.

Druid is another good choice for a lot of the same reasons... People say you need to pay a lot of attention and know the fights really well when playing healer, and while yes that's true, it's not really as demanding as it sounds in most pug groups. Since most bring two healers, it basically just devolves into everyone stacking on the boss and you dropping spirits and spamming heals/might on them, while saving your biggest heal spikes for when you know a huge damaging attack is coming (if the fight even has one.)

The problem with starting as a dps class is that everybody plays dps, so they're super easy to find and are very replaceable. Add to that the fact that even a terrible commander who doesn't pay attention to the fight at all will have a dps meter and can easily judge your performance since your output is measurable with numbers. Not saying that you shouldn't WANT to pull your weight or whatever, but like... When you're new to the fights it's better to play a role where you can focus on mechanics and not worry so much about your dps-rotation.

Honestly whatever class you enjoy the most and are best at. sure some classes are more sought after but its better to be on a team as what you're best at rather than something only for the fact that it's needed and be terrible at it. Would still highly recommend running a meta build for whatever class you choose though (every class has a competitive meta build atm)

Archived