PvP is being stressful

zHasgard.9827

Eternal Coliseum is a joke, the balancing team have no idea how to balance holosmith, weaver still the worst class in this game mode, reaper is the new mantra mesmer AoE version, core guard is too simple to be so strong, treb should be removed from Battle of Kyhlo, ​​the promise of a 2v2 arena is forgotten, more AT's never happened, and the Leaderboard system and rating is a complete failure since its release. I feel that this game mode deserves an exclusive month for balancing with weekly updates along with community support and especially streamers who participate and understand more about the game.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@"calebswag.8265" said:complains about holosmith but plays boon beast which should win every 1v1. But it's just holosmith that's the problem. not soulbeast huh?

Ye thats weird NO ONE making soulbeast nerf threads ,yet, best 1x1 class xDAbout treb part ,why you attack him? May be monkeys in his team going to treb and ruin game by making it 4x5... helloooo?Also he is right about matchmaking ,yesterday I had team full of good players(2duos) that decent/very good compared to the most against soloq rom and 2 duoq of random players...that I never seen before...

@"calebswag.8265" said:complains about holosmith but plays boon beast which should win every 1v1. But it's just holosmith that's the problem. not soulbeast huh?

Boonbeast still loses to holos in most of maps and good strength warriors, scourges are a big counter and boonbeast still get IK by reapers. Rangers dont have a viable build since druids nerfs, boonbeast is a really good build and very fun to play, but to have 100% potential of this build you depend on RNG to get Plasma and we only have kill potential with our elite. I mean, you can also drop a 5.000 range portal to counter play anything =)

@zHasgard.9827 said:

@"calebswag.8265" said:
complains about holosmith but plays boon beast
which should win every 1v1. But it's just holosmith that's the problem. not soulbeast huh?

Boonbeast still loses to holos in most of maps and good strength warriors, scourges are a big counter and boonbeast still get IK by reapers. Rangers dont have a viable build since druids nerfs, boonbeast is a really good build and very fun to play, but to have 100% potential of this build you depend on RNG to get Plasma and we only have kill potential with our elite. I mean, you can also drop a 5.000 range portal to counter play anything =)

I'm sorry but in 1v1, maps have nothing to do with it, and you're incorrect about the outcome of that fight. Also by saying "boonbeast is a really good build" you've lost a lot of credibility mate.

In order to get balance right they would need a team that focuses on only balancing the professions. They don't even share proposed changes with the community for feedback. DAoC, one of the hardest games to balance, did a pretty good job of keeping balance, and fixing things that got out of hand. This game they do things and you are just left scratching your head as to what the hell they could have possibly been thinking.

Maybe we should all ban together and take a week where they can see empty servers. Maybe then and only then, will they get a clue that something needs to be done differently.

@witcher.3197 said:

@Noha.3749 said:People still complaining about holo instead of learning to dodge the super-telegraphed animations during photonforge.

Not everyone has infinite dodges to dodge literally everything the holo does.

Just because it's telegraphed doesn't mean it's balanced.

no but all classes can have more defenses then just dodges. some got blocks some got invulnerability and some got even both

Stressful is the best description.

Cause too much dmg with almost no casttime... You can get oneshot or almost oneshot by so many 0 Casttime skills or combinations with instant ports that playing these days is really stressful.Bad ping or 'slow' reaction time and you can 'ALT+F4' . There is no fun to time you oneshot skill right after dodge - without being reliant on a clever skill rotation or teamwork.

If any of you played the game from the start, you know that it will probably never happen.I played the game from the early beta and almost only pvp. This isn´t new. Anet just has Zero plan what they are doing in PvP, they never had andnever listened to what is writen in the Forum once.

Also the core issue here isn´t the balance of sinlge skills, traits or classes. The issue is the overall spammyness and hybrit-meta.

You also need to consider that there is not just too much dmg, I see there is alot of dmg, but there is much too much healing and random dodging and blocking too.There is too much of everything in the game now. When I´m playing a berzerk, not hybrit, a berzerk with only the one helaing ability how it was intendet to the most part, I´m acutally pretty anoyed to burst someone down to 20% 5 times over and he just heals himself again and again.

Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

I also watched the forums that past years and the twitch and saw how basically all famous players just left the game over time and now they are gone to the mot part.But also the original pvp community didn´t just leave for nothing.

Trying to balance single abilitys, traits or classes won´t solve the problem.

I posted a discusion about this.Watch it out if you want.

https://en-forum.guildwars2.com/discussion/57860/the-fundamental-problem-in-pvp-combat#latest

@sephiroth.4217 said:

@Aza.2105 said:GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

Dodge and die you mean...

Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

@gw niko.1049 said:Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@Aza.2105 said:GW2 is highly polarized. Dodge or Die. If you don't you are dead in a millisecond.

Cant even rally without instantly going back down without a chance to press a single skill

Were you typing when you rallied? If not, you totally can pull off a dodge or even cast a few abilities. Pushing the BS button on this one mate.

@gw niko.1049 said:Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

I have played all six years, engaging in PvP from the start. I didn't like PvP at first. I think they really added some things that helped PvP advance a bit, but they've also neglected it enough to where it's limping along and just needs one good shove to be dead. I personally don't think PvP is a spam-fest, but I respect your opinion there. (I like fast-paced games, and when GW2 launched, it was nothing if not fast-paced).

No I play with 300+ ping so my character is down before I have access to my skills... I just deleted a pile of videos but next time it happens, I'll post it here.. (probably happens to a lot of players in Australia actually unless its just my bad pc)

Basically if I have a Reaper/hard dps or some heavy condi's on me when I rally, before my animations are finished or before I have access to my skills or any movement, I'm already back down again or if I do have time to access my skills, I'll accidentally kill myself on confusion trying to use a heal/block to get out of the cleave...

Ive had times where im mid rallying and my character is still doing the animation of standing up then I cop a treb to the face and instantly go back down.

Gimmie a few days and you'll have a video of it. (got work and I average about 20 kills and 1 death a game)

@sephiroth.4217 said:

No I play with 300+ ping so my character is down before I have access to my skills... I just deleted a pile of videos but next time it happens, I'll post it here.. (probably happens to a lot of players in Australia actually unless its just my bad pc)

Basically if I have a Reaper/hard dps or some heavy condi's on me when I rally, before my animations are finished or before I have access to my skills or any movement, I'm already back down again or if I do have time to access my skills, I'll accidentally kill myself on confusion trying to use a heal/block to get out of the cleave...

Ive had times where im mid rallying and my character is still doing the animation of standing up then I cop a treb to the face and instantly go back down.

Gimmie a few days and you'll have a video of it. (got work and I average about 20 kills and 1 death a game)

Ahhh I’m sorry. I didn’t know your ping. Yeah that’s totally possible. I haven’t played with that ping since 2014 thankfully.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@"gw niko.1049" said:Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

Ahhh I’m sorry. I didn’t know your ping. Yeah that’s totally possible. I haven’t played with that ping since 2014 thankfully.

No need to apologize lmao

As Bane says.. "I was born in it, moulded by it, I was already a man before I saw my first Oceanic Server" lol

The game is stressful, because it has turned into an instagib fest. There's no more such thing as applying pressure or tactical fight. Just run, teleport as fast as you can and try to instakill someone before he heals up to full hp 1 second later or tps/flies half a map away. Yesterday on a 1/2 finals tourney I as mesmer battled a holo, who twice within 10-15 seconds refilled his whole hp bar like nothing. In plat brackets you have to be paranoid of good deadeyes or mesmers. Meanwhile there's the new meta guard dragonhunter who blocks all attacks twice with f3 and renewed focus for a solid amount of time. Still somehow ppl are complaining about mesmers, but noone says a word about the boom ranger, who doesn't even need an amulet with healing power to get at the end of the game 500k dps + 300k healing(I know since I've tried this build), disengages from fights at will by flying in/out and again yesterday somehow I got hit by axe 3 of ranger(wintersbite) for 9.7k dmg...what is that??? Practically pvp has become into install kill or unkillable spam of meta builds, taking all the fun away. Before I was annoyed getting into a fight with a necro, now I'm relieved it's not another mes/holo/boom ranger/good spiritbreaker or guard with their infinite blocks. I won't even start with revenant, since he has 1 viable build since his release over 3 years ago and 4 unusable legendaries with no sync at all. I wonder does anet need to release expansion, so rev gets another weapon to give him some versatility or show a little bit of love towards that class.

@Mbelch.9028 said:

@"gw niko.1049" said:Most of you don´t know how the game was like the first year. You would feel the difference. Todays combat I consider a spamm nothing more.

I played the game since its open beta and been doing plenty of Spvp back in the days.

It was nothing like today. there were no 3-button classes that delete you in 3 seconds, there were no elite specs.You had to work for your kills and this is when I had the most of my enjoyment in spvp.

pvp gone to shit with the introduction of e-specs and some questionable balance decisions by anet."Thoughtful play" was gone out of the window, now you have BS like holos and DEs (Which turned thief players, one of the most reputable PVP classes at the start into 10 iq degenerates that resembles nothing of the skill required to play a thief class).Holo...Soul beast..., 3-4 buttons insta gib burst classes...dodge or die...some cases dodge and die.Then you have Mirage....In addition to this, some classes come with over-tuned healing, some with over-tuned damage, some of them with mobility and some with everything.. the balance is all over the place.There was nothing like this in 2012, there was nothing like "bunker" builds or "burst builds" that vaporize you in 3 seconds or annoying crap like this, the closest thing you had to a "bunker build" was a turret engi....There were no passive defenses, you had to play chess with your opponent and use your skills wisely instead of face-slamming the keyboard today and having so many passive defenses that the game plays itself on some classes.Fights felt fair, and when you died, it was because you were out-played, not because you got cheesed.Look at the meta, its all E-specs everywhere, and nearly all of them have atrocious pvp balance and their mechanics blew everything that was good about spvp apart.This was obviously a business strategy by Anet, it is not the first time devs in non-sub MMOs create imbalance on purpose to encourage people to buy expansions, get the E-specs and stay in the meta, trashing nearly all core specs in the process..E-specs were designed around PvE and not PvP, its as clear as day, and i truly hope so, because otherwise this means that anet pvp devs have no idea what they are doing.

This is a point of no return now, Anet will never dramatically overhaul E-specs or change them, they went down this idiotic road and thats what we have today and will continue to have for the years to come, sadly.

Archived