Hidden Room?

CastleRice.6917

While exploring the Ascalon City Ruins in Plains of Ashford, I found the point of interest "Foefire's Heart" and behind a fence, you can see a big cave. I don't think there was any way to get over the fence before HoT introduce gliders, but now it's possible. I explored the cave system and at the end, there is a room with a fireplace with a full blue flame fire going on complete with crackling sounds. This probably doesn't bear any sort of significance, but I found it interesting that Anet would go through the trouble of adding a fireplace, decor, and such here if it wasn't possible to get there before HoT anyway. Just curious, any thoughts?

@ugrakarma.9416 said:but is theres a POI or just a empty area? if theres a new POI, so new stuff/easter egg is coming.

Probably is the strongest point of Anet is how deep they going on detailing the maps.

Foefire's Heart was one of the first places I explored after gliding was introduced to core Tyria. :DThe small cavern/room has been there at least as far. Pretty sure it's been there since the beginning. Maybe it was designed for a scrapped event or just because the designer thought it was fun and interesting. Either way, it's a nice little detail for the map! :)

Archived